The Gylfi thread.

2243 posts
Alf Hooker

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

by Alf Hooker » 28 May 2012 12:45

Simon's Church There's still time for a Tommy Smith style turnaround. Can we form a human barrier on the m4 to stop him getting there?

Forget human barrier, a time transportation device would be more of use..

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/ ... 65,00.html

Spirit of Elm Park

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Spirit of Elm Park » 28 May 2012 12:46

bigmike ok and how did they do that without there being a deal on the table for him ?? :lol:

Also just because terms have been agreed doesnt mean that theres not a deal being worked on him from another team.

Tommy Smith agreed terms ended up at portsmouth

Big call, BigMike.

This has the possibility of raising you to god like status in these parts....but with the likelyhood of making nothing you say ever worth reading again.

My very best wishes.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 12:46

southbank1871 Michael (can I call you that?), where does your information come from?

I couldnt possibly tell you my sources..

This person has been right in the past

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 May 2012 12:48

winchester_royal Just wondering here, but what do you think our overall budget for the summer is? I'd be surprised if its >10m.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't >£10m to be honest. The money involved is that great now, and as you say we're coming from a position that needs more strengthening than perhaps we'd like (because McDermott did so well to get this squad as far as he did), that I'd hope the club were making as much available in order to do that strengthening.

I do think the numbers will vary depending on the TSI deal going through (obviously), but even without that injection the club will hopefully be sensible enough to take advantage of our sound financial footings, and investment in the infrastructure last time around, and release a lot of the increased revenue for McDermott to play with.

winchester_royal If we had a really solid squad with lots of depth then I have no doubt we'd be willing to part with 6/7m to bring Gylfi back. As we wouldn't need to spend much money on other areas of the squad. Sadly I don't think that's the case at the moment, and as a result we need to spread our resources across 5 or 6 players to give us the best chance of staying up.

I'd hope we're looking at getting in players who can make the difference at the business end of the pitch. Scoring goals is the hardest part of the game and that's why players that have an impact in the opposition box cost that bit more. I do think we'll need to strengthen elsewhere of course, but there are, generally, more shrewd freebies available for defensive players than forwards and so I'd expect a large chunk of the budget to go on attacking players. I don't think we can attract a better attacking player than Sigurdsson, especially at that price.

winchester_royal I'm not arguing with those that are disappointed that we're not trying to bring him back, he's a fantastic player, however I do argue with those that try to claim that not bringing him back is a sign of lack of ambition on RFC's part.

Comes down to opinion and the unknown factors we just don't have a view of I guess.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 28 May 2012 12:50

bigmike I have it on Good Authority that this will happen Tomorrow.. My source has also advised me that there is currently a deal being worked on for Gylfi Sigguardsson

If you mean Gylfi Sigurdsson and not the young lad in Norway - Sigurdasson, then he has agreed terms with Swansea. He wont be coming here, you mentalist!

TSI deal is done but wont be announced for a couple more weeks.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 12:52

Dare to Dr£am
bigmike I have it on Good Authority that this will happen Tomorrow.. My source has also advised me that there is currently a deal being worked on for Gylfi Sigguardsson

If you mean Gylfi Sigurdsson and not the young lad in Norway - Sigurdasson, then he has agreed terms with Swansea. He wont be coming here, you mentalist!

TSI deal is done but wont be announced for a couple more weeks.

He has agreed personal Terms that is correct.. But untill the contract is signed he is still free to talk to whoever his current club accept offers from.

I stand by the fact that there is a deal on the table for Gylfi

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

gylfi

by southbank1871 » 28 May 2012 12:53

bigmike
southbank1871 Michael (can I call you that?), where does your information come from?

I’m not expecting you to name your source, just to give indication of how they would know this information.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 12:54

southbank1871
bigmike

I’m not expecting you to name your source, just to give indication of how they would know this information.

Someone told me and this someone has been very near the mark on several other deals

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 28 May 2012 12:56

OK, I believe you then ftr, but I still think he’ll go to Swansea. What a double announcement that would be though, the takeover has gone through and oh yeah, we’ve re-signed Gylfi.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 28 May 2012 12:58

bigmike Someone told me and this someone has been very near the mark on several other deals

Are you confusing the two different Sigs? SSN reporting Gylfi has now agreed terms with Swansea, so we're a tad late if you're mate is right...

If you are talking about the young Sig in Norway, he plays again tonight and Reading have or are about to go back in with an improved offer, so you'd be nearer the mark on that.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 12:59

I believe the biggest stumbling block may well be the Wages and Reading would have to break their wage budget if they wanted to sign him .

I also wouldnt rule out another club a Big one coming in for him as hes certainly better than Swansea and Reading.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 May 2012 13:01

Dare to Dr£am
bigmike Someone told me and this someone has been very near the mark on several other deals

Are you confusing the two different Sigs? SSN reporting Gylfi has now agreed terms with Swansea, so we're a tad late if you're mate is right...

If you are talking about the young Sig in Norway, he plays again tonight and Reading have or are about to go back in with an improved offer, so you'd be nearer the mark on that.

I was told it was Gylfi.. I would not expect them to make that mistake. Maybe they did.. If they did I will gladly accept the annual Kes WUM Award

tilehurstender

gylfi,just say no!!!

by tilehurstender » 28 May 2012 13:08

Sky Sports reporting that Swansea have agrred a 6.8 mill deal with Hoffenhiem and agreed personal terms for Sigurdsson. It's one thing if he was to go to one of the big clubs but surely we should be able to better any offer Swansea could make????

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 28 May 2012 13:17

does anyone bother reading previous posts?!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 May 2012 13:19

He opened a new thread for it as well. (But be gentle, we were all newbies once.)
Last edited by Royal Rother on 28 May 2012 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 May 2012 13:20

I've heard Swansea have put in a bid for Gylfi.

:shock:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 May 2012 13:21

It has been established that we have a sell on fee re Gylfi, but as this is likely to be on profit and as the profit will be zero or negligible on this sale we will get little or nothing.

I just wondered what happens if Swansea sell him on in a year of two for say 20M. Would we get a cut - or does the sell on fee only apply to the first sale only.
Anyone know?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 May 2012 13:21

Royal With Cheese I've heard Swansea have put in a bid for Gylfi.

:shock:

Really? They really can't afford him and I think most Swans fans know it.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 May 2012 13:25

andrew1957 It has been established that we have a sell on fee re Gylfi, but as this is likely to be on profit and as the profit will be zero or negligible on this sale we will get little or nothing.

I just wondered what happens if Swansea sell him on in a year of two for say 20M. Would we get a cut - or does the sell on fee only apply to the first sale only.
Anyone know?

We'd get fcuk all.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 28 May 2012 13:26

bigmike I believe the biggest stumbling block may well be the Wages and Reading would have to break their wage budget if they wanted to sign him .

I also wouldnt rule out another club a Big one coming in for him as hes certainly better than Swansea and Reading.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on wage budgets, they were worked out on ownership of Sir John. When the new owners take charge (optomist) budgets will be different.

I think its safe to say Gylfi has gone to swansea, money agreed, terms agreed, he said he would like to stay in swansea (god knows why) its pretty much nailed on.

Your mates going to take a bashing after this claim

2243 posts