Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Portsmouth

by Focher » 23 Oct 2010 09:50

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Oct 2010 10:26

Can anyone explain to me why Pompey, who clearly aren't out of administration, haven't had points deducted this season?

Also how Andronikou is allowed to continue working as an administrator when he is quite clearly not up to the job?

and FWIW a giant meh if they go bust, not because football needs a wake up call but because they've cheated and they're still cheating now

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Oct 2010 10:45

Silver Fox Can anyone explain to me why Pompey, who clearly aren't out of administration, haven't had points deducted this season?

They agreed a CVA.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Portsmouth Admin

by PieEater » 23 Oct 2010 10:51

The press saying they could bust as if anyone except a Pompey fan cares.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Oct 2010 11:10

The whole year inn
andrew1957 I will believe it when I see it.

You never will.

I think we really will this time.

But you're probably right!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 23 Oct 2010 14:05

Gaydamak's owed 2.2m, and the everso upright Mr. Andronikou says he will be paid it over five years. I'd be more than annoyed at the offer, highly dubious in itself, knowing that that's how much they've committed to pay Kitson and Lawrence together over one year.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 23 Oct 2010 14:07

I'm convinced this is all brinkmanship.

The Club owns the ground, Sacha Gaydamak owns most of the land to the west and north of it.

The Council have said they will not grant planning permission at Fratton Park for anything other than sports use unless/until PFC are playing in an alternate stadium, or if PFC to redevelop it for their own use. The Council has also indicated that should Gaydamak's ownership of the land around FP hinder its redevelopment as a football stadium they would be prepared to issue a compulsory purchase order.

The only way that Chainrai, or any one else, will get their money back is to keep the Club going.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Oct 2010 14:21

Svlad Cjelli
The only way that Chainrai, or any one else, will get their money back is to keep the Club going.

But that might be a case of throwing good money after bad.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Oct 2010 14:32

Row Z Royal
Svlad Cjelli

But that might be a case of throwing good money after bad.

that's the modern way though. Chairman come in treating clubs as a toy and throw some money around looking for a few years of joy before clearing off. They don't really care about the mess they leave behind.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Oct 2010 14:59

SSN reporting that their future will be assured by this evening as an agreement with Gaydamak should be signed by then.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Oct 2010 15:51

Silver Fox Also how Andronikou is allowed to continue working as an administrator when he is quite clearly not up to the job?

I really don't get that bit. How is this guy still in a job. I asked the other day if there is any de-barring or striking off they can do for the bean counters but it seems he, like the Pompey management before him, can do what ever they like.

It's shocking, if not criminal!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Oct 2010 20:16

Surprise, surprise, its all going to be sorted out.

Frankly, the PFC soap opera has run its course, and they can issue daily bulletins as to how much danger they are in and nobody will even care to offer opinions anymore.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Oct 2010 20:36

Amazing how it seems to have had such a little effect ON the pitch as they have now moved into mid-table having won 4 of their last 5.
It must be down to our exs in Kitson and now Halford.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Oct 2010 21:50

Mr Angry Surprise, surprise, its all going to be sorted out.

Frankly, the PFC soap opera has run its course, and they can issue daily bulletins as to how much danger they are in and nobody will even care to offer opinions anymore.

Same old story how many times are they going to be on the brink only to be rescued at the last minute? Just shows cheats do prosper.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 24 Oct 2010 11:30

how exactly have the players and fans of portsmouth "cheated"?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 24 Oct 2010 11:57

Victor Meldrew Amazing how it seems to have had such a little effect ON the pitch as they have now moved into mid-table having won 4 of their last 5.
It must be down to our exs in Kitson and now Halford.

Sonko, Ashdown and err.........Tommy Smith :roll: (Yes I know he is at QPR :wink: )

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 24 Oct 2010 13:57

I don't understand how a team in administration can sign Kitson, Lawrence and Halford. I'd love to see those 3 with us, but they'd apparently be beyond our means. Where has it come from for Pompey? They were already in administration. Their stadium is smaller than ours, can't imagine much more revenue. It doesn't make sense, and now they come out. It'll be shameful if they go back up after all their over spending.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 Oct 2010 22:26

Interesting article by David James comparing his time at Portsmouth to Bristol City.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/foot ... avid-james

Even in Portsmouth's darkest financial hour the players would fly to a game anywhere north of Birmingham, but here we travel to almost all of our games by coach.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 25 Oct 2010 10:22

Sarah Star Interesting article by David James comparing his time at Portsmouth to Bristol City.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/foot ... avid-james

Even in Portsmouth's darkest financial hour the players would fly to a game anywhere north of Birmingham, but here we travel to almost all of our games by coach.

Interesting comments about the ball used in the Championship. Why on earth don't they use the same one as in the PL? No doubt down to greed and money! Could this explain why even PL teams sometimes struggle in the Championship after they are relegated and good players look very ordinary in this division.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 25 Oct 2010 10:35

The ball is definatly loads different from that used in the Pl and also the BSP. The Blue Square Premier/North and South all use an Umbro ball. The same type of ball they use in the FA Cup. It's REALLY lightweight, similar to the Premier League's Nike ball. No doubt it would swerve more and be 'lighter' to strike. The Mitre ball used in the football league for me is the more classic ball. We've used these a couple of times in our leagues so I can see why James would take some adjusting to using it, considering he's used the air floaters of the Premier League for the last however many years.

I've always been a big fan of David James. Seems a genuine honest guy if a little bit mad, but he's such a mentally strong guy to have put up with the imo unfair criticism of him throughout his career. A bad patch at Liverpool where he was having a few personal problems as well has given him the label of 'Calamity' as if he's the only goalkeeper in history to make an error. The reality is he's been brilliant overall everywhere he has played. Setting Premier League records all over the show. When you consider he's played for either midtable or struggling sides in the main that record stands in higher regard for me.

753 posts