Portsmouth fc

1559 posts
weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Portsmouth fc

by weybridgewanderer » 24 Feb 2012 07:52

They haven't paid players since christmas, laying staff off, they are not going to pay their bills, yet they are allowed to sign two more players yesterday

How does this work?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 24 Feb 2012 07:56

Aren't the players they've loaned in classified as youth loans? Would that make a difference as to whether they actually pay anything?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Feb 2012 16:14

portsmouth now second from bottom, 6 points off safety. (5 points but massive difference in goal difference)

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 25 Feb 2012 16:27

Their goal difference is far better than both Bristol's and Forest's though, so 5 points from safety.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Feb 2012 16:33

Simon's Church Their goal difference is far better than both Bristol's and Forest's though, so 5 points from safety.

indeed. i had my glasses on as well. no excuse for that.

however, bristol are a lot better under mcinnes, and forest have found their selves, so pompey look well and truly knackered. players not paid in 2 months and now asked to defer wages until the end of the season. would you go out and bust a gut every week, and risk injury for portsmouth?

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 25 Feb 2012 16:41

Friday's Legacy
Simon's Church Their goal difference is far better than both Bristol's and Forest's though, so 5 points from safety.

indeed. i had my glasses on as well. no excuse for that.

however, bristol are a lot better under mcinnes, and forest have found their selves, so pompey look well and truly knackered. players not paid in 2 months and now asked to defer wages until the end of the season. would you go out and bust a gut every week, and risk injury for portsmouth?

Bristol City did have a bit of revival after McInnes arrived, though they're now sliding and have lost 5 of last 6, and could easily still go down. Coventry seem to have found a bit of form.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Mar 2012 12:15

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17219854

What a big pile of poo they are in!

Rax

by Rax » 01 Mar 2012 12:26

...surely, surely no-one would be mad enough to accept another CVA from these people - 'a dividend on a dividend' '4p in the £ ' - I honestly hope that they go bust - partly becase of their woeful capitulation against Fulham but more so because of the arrogance of their fans - please let this sorry saga end soon and lets hope HMRC have a pair!

Nice to see the football creditor rule put under scrutiny - about time too....

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Mar 2012 12:27

Pompey administrator "The CVA pays creditors a percentage in the pound. The CVA that was performed here at Portsmouth was giving them 20p in the pound, but obviously that has now failed and they will receive nothing from that.

"Out of this administration it will either be another CVA or a liquidation, and a dividend will be paid again.

"Basically you are getting a dividend upon a dividend. If this administration pays a 20p dividend, for example, creditors will be paid a 20p dividend on a 20p dividend.

"In round terms, that will be four pence."

So you end up paying 4% of what you owe? Lovely :|

FOAD Portsmouth FC

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Mar 2012 12:28

Rax ...surely, surely no-one would be mad enough to accept another CVA from these people - 'a dividend on a dividend' '4p in the £ ' - please let this sorry saga end soon and lets hope HMRC have a pair!

Nice to see the football creditor rule put under scrutiny - about time too....

Agreed with these parts.

:| about the part of "their capitulation" but that's not for this thread.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 01 Mar 2012 12:30

Terminal Boardom http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17219854

What a big pile of poo they are in!

For those who ain't clickin shit:

Current administrator said last week that it was touch and go being able to get to the end of the season. It is now a LOT worse- he was expecting parachute payments from the PL to cover costs. He has just discovered that the next 4 months payments - totallying £2.2 m will not be available to him...they have to go straight to Gaydamak.

This was agreed as part of the last CVA...AA arranged it so that Gaydamak would vote for the CVA. Anyone remember how close HMRC came to getting the necessary 25% of the creditor vote to succeed in winding then up then?

The CVA was to pay 20p....this will now be about 4p.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Mar 2012 12:30

Pompey administrator "Out of this administration it will either be another CVA or a liquidation.

Dear footballing Gods,

Please make it be the latter.

Yours,

Countless football fans the length and breadth of the country.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 01 Mar 2012 12:32

T.R.O.L.I.
Pompey administrator "Out of this administration it will either be another CVA or a liquidation.

Dear footballing Gods,

Please make it be the latter.

Yours,

Countless honest tax-paying football fans the length and breadth of the country.

Amen.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Mar 2012 12:32

Whatever happened to the Pompey fan who used to post on here - Carlin? - who was told his club were a financial basketcase, but he still insisted they were in better shape than Saints and Reading :|

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 01 Mar 2012 13:00

floyd__streete Whatever happened to the Pompey fan who used to post on here - Carlin? - who was told his club were a financial basketcase, but he still insisted they were in better shape than Saints and Reading :|

He had his account liquidated.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Mar 2012 13:05

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 01 Mar 2012 13:07

"We're down to the wire now, I've got a meagre amount of money to try to get us to the end of the season.

"It puts another hole in my cash flow, I'm very worried. I need to turn to other revenue-raising issues and projects but I'm not confident."

Birch also admitted that he is at a loss as to how Portsmouth have got themselves into such a dire situation.

"The club is in a default position. It is left with a foot-print around the stadium that they don't own, they don't own the training ground and they don't own the academy. It leaves you asking 'where has it all gone?', and I can't answer that question."

:D

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Mar 2012 13:35

Instead of the big #13 banner passed around the stands, why don't STAR produce a banner showing shit loads of cash? First public showing when Portsmouth come to town.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 01 Mar 2012 13:48

Terminal Boardom Instead of the big #13 banner passed around the stands, why don't STAR produce a banner showing shit loads of cash? First public showing when Portsmouth come to town.

Maybe we can get the buckets out and each put in 4p to a pound?

I hope this isn't use in 5 years.

riverroyal

Royals second if Pompey fold

by riverroyal » 01 Mar 2012 14:26

May be have been discussed elsewhere and apologies if it has but . . . .

On skysports today they say Pompey may not be able to fulfill their fixtures.

If this was the case we would go second in the table as West Ham have beaten them twice, so will lose six points.

Ironic really, Pompey never tried against Fulham in last Premier League game of season and lost, which effectively sent us down and now we could go up due to their situation

1559 posts