146 posts
Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Belarus v England thread

by Row Z Royal » 15 Oct 2008 21:05

wolsey
Row Z Royal
Southbank Old Boy As others have said, totally underated, and more than just a battering ram RZR

Pah. He's a rumbling lump with Bambi's ice-skates on.

I can't believe his sterling work was anything more than an accident.

Now stop it - any more of that winding up nonsense and you'll be sent to bed without any supper.

It's not a wind up. I appreciate that he appreciates his limitations and has worked on what's left.

TOTMFP

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Oct 2008 21:06

A cracking goal to

Showed exactly how well Rooney and Gerrard can link up when allowed to with Gerrard coming through the middle, although in this instance Rooney is coming in from the left which, as I said a few minutes ago I don't like him in!!!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Oct 2008 21:08

Excellent 2nd half performance. Have we finally found a coach who knows what he is doing particulary when backs are to the wall?

'Av Some Of That!

by 'Av Some Of That! » 15 Oct 2008 21:09

God save the Queen!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 15 Oct 2008 21:09

In both previous games, England have punished teams late on. Wouldn't be surprised if that were repeated.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 15 Oct 2008 21:10

As most fans who know anything about picking the best SIDE, not the best PLAYERS, have been saying, Heskey should've been in the team long ago. He played when England beat Russia 3-0 I seem to remember, yes he is gash at scoring goals but totally effective as 'battering ram'.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Oct 2008 21:19

Waddle - your no co-commentator!!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 15 Oct 2008 21:30

paultheroyal Waddle - your no co-commentator!!

'greed - he just comes across as a bitter demented geordie. Like, to be honest, all of them.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Oct 2008 21:32

Indeed he is not. HTF he got a job doing that I'll never know. Simply unable to string a sentence together, contradicts himself several times in a game, obviously has something against Walcott when the lad has shown he's got more about him than Waddle ever showed in 60 internationals, and is generally crap to listen to.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Oct 2008 21:51

Royal Rother obviously has something against Walcott when the lad has shown he's got more about him than Waddle ever showed in 60 internationals,

Walcot has had one good performance for England, or at least he took 3 decent chances and has achieved very little so far. For one who seems to think he's a deep thinker and thoughful poster that is onr hell of a knee jerk reaction!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Oct 2008 22:00

England are like Reading-rubbish when they play a patient game but a decent side when they play at a high tempo.
Not sure how they will cope in South Africa though.
BTW agree with Southbank about Gerrard and Walcott.
Can anybody tell me why Beckham came on for 3 minutes and played a short corner from the only dead-ball situation?
Caps really are dished out cheaply these days.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 15 Oct 2008 22:01

Victor Meldrew Can anybody tell me why Beckham came on for 3 minutes and played a short corner from the only dead-ball situation?
Caps really are dished out cheaply these days.

That's a bit of a cheap dig.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Oct 2008 22:14

I do agree with Victor about the Beckham cap situation though. It seems to be an extension of the Sven Beckham love in at the moment

Beckham is going to go on and break everyones cap record apart from Shiltons when in reality he probably shouldn't have got more than 80 odd. I think that's a bit of a shame, although I've read similar things said about Billy Wright to, so it's nothing new

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 15 Oct 2008 22:17

Kazakhstan was his 107th wasn't it? And he came on and made a difference, he was excellent. Life in him yet.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Oct 2008 22:21

But no more of a difference than someone like Bentley could've made against tiring and poor opposition

Beckham is potentially a useful squad player, but I do get the feeling he's getting an easy ride now, a bit like when Keown was given enough appearances to qualify for his league medal at Arsenal

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 15 Oct 2008 22:25

Southbank Old Boy But no more of a difference than someone like Bentley could've made against tiring and poor opposition

Beckham is potentially a useful squad player, but I do get the feeling he's getting an easy ride now, a bit like when Keown was given enough appearances to qualify for his league medal at Arsenal

It's not relevant - Beckham is in the squad, and continuing to earn his place there. Bentley has to wait his turn. If Beckham stops doing it, then I'm sure he will get it.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Oct 2008 22:30

But how has Beckham really earnt his place in the squad over the last 18 months?

I could understand Beckham being in the squad if there was a lack of options performing well in the Premiership - admittedly Bentley's move to Spurs seems to have been counter productive so far - but there isn't really, and Beckham has done very little to earn his place at the same time

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 15 Oct 2008 22:41

Anyone else see the Sony advert just before the highlights started on ITV? I'm sure that was the Madejski they used there.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 15 Oct 2008 22:43

Rhys The Royal Anyone else see the Sony advert just before the highlights started on ITV? I'm sure that was the Madejski they used there.

Twas.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Oct 2008 01:08

As I said when he took over, Capello is the real deal - the guy is a fantastic man-manager and tactician. Another decent (and effective) performance tonight against a reasonable (albeit weakened) Belarus team.

Is it just me or is it actually enjoyable to watch England play again?

As for Waddle, LOL. 'He's gone for the same system as the first half against the Kazakhs and it didn't work then' a whole minute before Rooney netted the second. Shouldn't you be out purchasing some clippers and practising penalties?

146 posts