England vs Germany - THE BUILD UP THREAD

254 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: England vs Germany - THE BUILD UP THREAD

by floyd__streete » 24 Jun 2010 14:07

Schards#2 If you ignore penalties, our record against Germany in competitive games isn't that bad:

1966 - 4-2 aet
1970 - 2-3 aet
1982 - 0-0
1990 - 1-1 aet
1996 - 1-1 aet
2000 - 1-0
2001 - 0-1, 5-1

Let's ignore penalties - a very English atttiude :P . You have forgotten the 1972 European Championships played over 2 legs; 1-3 loss at Wembley, 0-0 in Germany.

Played 10 Won 3 Drawn 4 Lost 3.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Jun 2010 14:09

St Pauli
2 world wars, 1 world cup Germany beat a 10-man amateur side.
Germany LOST to the bottom team of their group.
Germany just about scraped a win against an arguably superior *Ghana* :shock:

---

England are unbeaten and have only let in ONE goal - a total freak.
If we will ever beat Germany THIS IS THE TIME.
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO! :mrgreen:
Germany scored four goals to hammer Australia
Germany got done by the ref in their second game who gave out too many cards simultaneously ruining the game
Germany beat Ghana (a team with effective home advantage, who can only score penalties), who therefore are the worst side, no argument.
England are unbeaten but they only scored two goals. In an awful group.
England claim to have won two world wars when in reality it was the Yanks and the Russians wot won both.
:mrgreen:

Interesting that you are actually rolling on the floor laughing at what I wrote when you come up with the comedy post of the world cup so far. Germany beat a 10-man side, got their arses whooped (yes the LOST) and were outplayed by Ghana who are THOUSANDS OF MILES away from home. We've not lost.

And I think you need to brush on your history a little mate. :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Jun 2010 14:12

Starfish
brendywendy the whole country has been saying we are shite, and have no chance since before the tournament, even now the vast majority are saying well lose to the germans

just dont get where this whole "england mouthing off and always thinking theyll win" thing comes from

gttc comes on, posts, makes a few legitimate remarks, (purposely) makes a few that are a bit over the top and you just can't help yourself. brendybrendybrendy, when will you learn? 'Bunch of bitter Celts' - tut tut.

Anyway, I think that England have an excellent chance of beating Germany. Germany's defence looked far from solid yesterday and although they play fluid attacking football, the concerns that fans of the Bundesliga have had over recent months seem truer than ever now - Klose and Podolski scored 5 (?) goals between them last season and one wonders where goals will come from on Sunday. 3-1 for England would not surprise me at all, although such a result would disappoint me greatly.

And Franz Beckenbauer has a history of making bold and (oft') ridiculous statements - there was once a website devoted solely to how wrong his predictions generally are (I can't find it now). Anyway ...

DEUTSCHLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germany are one of the teams I will support (for the way you play - similar to us) if we don't make it.
Good luck but not too good I hope haha :wink:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jun 2010 14:13

Schards#2

On the contrary, he's simultaneously writing Capello's team talk and tempting fate big time.

I agree with most of what he says actually. Can't see anything wrong with this at all.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Jun 2010 14:19

"What makes them dangerous is that their key players Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and John Terry sense that this could be the last chance in their career to win a World Cup," he added.

havoc

by havoc » 24 Jun 2010 14:22

floyd__streete
Schards#2 If you ignore penalties, our record against Germany in competitive games isn't that bad:

1966 - 4-2 aet
1970 - 2-3 aet
1982 - 0-0
1990 - 1-1 aet
1996 - 1-1 aet
2000 - 1-0
2001 - 0-1, 5-1

Let's ignore penalties - a very English atttiude :P . You have forgotten the 1972 European Championships played over 2 legs; 1-3 loss at Wembley, 0-0 in Germany.

and if we're posting irrelevant stats then England have not progressed further than (W) Germany in the WC since 1966

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 24 Jun 2010 14:34

floyd__streete

1966 - 4-2 aet
1970 - 2-3 aet
1982 - 0-0
1990 - 1-1 aet
1996 - 1-1 aet
2000 - 1-0
2001 - 0-1, 5-1

The 1-3 at Wembley, Netzer was fantastic that night, none of our players could get near him. As I recall he never produced anything close to that again, a sort of German Jim Baxter.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Jun 2010 14:46

Rooney or Ferdinand should be on the phone to Vidic asking for insider info on how Serbia beat Germany

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 24 Jun 2010 14:55

Big Foot Rooney or Ferdinand should be on the phone to Vidic asking for insider info on how Serbia beat Germany

By scoring, while the Germans didn't.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 24 Jun 2010 15:17

Row Z Royal
Big Foot Rooney or Ferdinand should be on the phone to Vidic asking for insider info on how Serbia beat Germany

By scoring, while the Germans didn't.

I can also vouch for this

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2010 15:31

floyd__streete 10 German Bombers as sang by a load of aggressive chavs isn't banter, it is massively cringeworthy and an embarassment to our country and to the memory of the men who gave up their lives for our freedom.

agreed

though at least the neanderthals have changed no surrender to the IRA to the taliban as i heard in the pub yesterday. progress!

gttc comes on, posts, makes a few legitimate remarks, (purposely) makes a few that are a bit over the top and you just can't help yourself. brendybrendybrendy, when will you learn? 'Bunch of bitter Celts' - tut tut.

just trying to contribute to the general hubbub :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2010 15:32

havoc
floyd__streete

1966 - 4-2 aet
1970 - 2-3 aet
1982 - 0-0
1990 - 1-1 aet
1996 - 1-1 aet
2000 - 1-0
2001 - 0-1, 5-1

and if we're posting irrelevant stats then England have not progressed further than (W) Germany in the WC since 1966

's an omen, 'swhat that is

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Jun 2010 15:34

Looking forward to Jochim Lowe's outfit for this one. Think he might pull something special out of the bag.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2010 15:36

im gambling on a ,low key but stylish scarf and cardy ensemble

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Jun 2010 15:42

brendywendy im gambling on a ,low key but stylish scarf and cardy ensemble

Ooooh yeh. I think he might go for the white fitted shirt with rolled up sleeves to start, then the cardy and scarf ensemble for the 2nd half when it gets colder.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2010 16:37

NIIIIIIICE!

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 24 Jun 2010 17:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup
St Pauli
2 world wars, 1 world cup Germany beat a 10-man amateur side.
Germany LOST to the bottom team of their group.
Germany just about scraped a win against an arguably superior *Ghana* :shock:

---

England are unbeaten and have only let in ONE goal - a total freak.
If we will ever beat Germany THIS IS THE TIME.
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO! :mrgreen:
Germany scored four goals to hammer Australia
Germany got done by the ref in their second game who gave out too many cards simultaneously ruining the game
Germany beat Ghana (a team with effective home advantage, who can only score penalties), who therefore are the worst side, no argument.
England are unbeaten but they only scored two goals. In an awful group.
England claim to have won two world wars when in reality it was the Yanks and the Russians wot won both.
:mrgreen:

Interesting that you are actually rolling on the floor laughing at what I wrote when you come up with the comedy post of the world cup so far. Germany beat a 10-man side, got their arses whooped (yes the LOST) and were outplayed by Ghana who are THOUSANDS OF MILES away from home. We've not lost.

And I think you need to brush on your history a little mate. :lol:

We did get outplayed by Ghana. So much so that they ended up losing the game. Scoring a goal>Not scoring a goal. Winning a game>not winning a game. If I need to brush up on my history you need to brush up on the rules of football.

England haven't lost. But if you haven't noticed, groups are decided on points, not on how many times you lose. Thats why we have 6 points and won our sheet group. Whereas you strugglers have 5 points and didn't win your sheet group.

Ghana have the support of every south african. Unlike us tribalists in Europe they support whatever African team are in it= home advantage for Ghana.

I need to brush up on my history? [url]Is this the British flag he's waving?: http://www.elanso.com/U/Dd8/d808d930c9d ... 937500.jpg :mrgreen:
Last edited by St Pauli on 24 Jun 2010 17:22, edited 2 times in total.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Jun 2010 17:20

The Kaiser "What makes them dangerous is that their key players Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and John Terry sense that this could be the last chance in their career to win a World Cup," he added.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jun 2010 17:23

St Pauli
I need to brush up on my history? Is this the British flag he's waving?: http://www.elanso.com/U/Dd8/d808d930c9d ... 937500.jpg :mrgreen:

GTFO you st pauli scum. Hamburg NUMBER 1.

Loved it when they played celtic below...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Jun 2010 17:25

This World Cup is working out like World War II. The French have surrendered, the Italians are going out on a whimper, the USA turned up late and the English are left to fight Ze Germans

254 posts