The generic transfer thread

10601 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Aug 2021 14:19

Sanguine Big club finances. What are Liverpool doing differently/wrong? Is it just tight wallets in respect of the owners? Or something else. Broadly speaking, COVID has impacted clubs in a similar way. Maybe the likes of City are insulated a bit owing to their owners.

But Grealish has joined City for £100m. Kane might join him. Chelsea have spent the same on Lukaku, and United £70m on Sancho. Arsenal have dropped £50m on Ben White and look set to make a couple more signings.

And Liverpool have signed no-one bar Konate. I'd find their inactivity bizarre anyway, but Liverpool will lose Salah and Mane for a month to AFCON in the new year, and are still reliant on Divock Origi as a replacement.

Liverpool not to finish top 4 at 3/1 is pretty tempting atm.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Aug 2021 14:51

Winston Biscuit Reports that Inter have accepted a €115M offer from Chelsea for Lukaku

I am struggling to get excited by this signing

On his day he is unplayable, maybe Chelsea will be the club where he can consistently put in 9/10 performances.

One of only a few players i have seen live where he single handled destroyed us when he played for West Brom. Literally unplayable.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Aug 2021 15:30

paultheroyal
Winston Biscuit Reports that Inter have accepted a €115M offer from Chelsea for Lukaku

On his day he is unplayable, maybe Chelsea will be the club where he can consistently put in 9/10 performances.

One of only a few players i have seen live where he single handled destroyed us when he played for West Brom. Literally unplayable.

Agreed. Lukaku for West Brom. Henry the day Arsenal beat us 4-0. Feel like Defoe might have scored 10 that day he got a hat-trick in our 3-3 with Bournemouth.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2021 15:32

Bit surprised to discover Lukaku scored precisely 0 goals for Chelsea when he was there. I had it on my spreadsheet that he had a decent season or two with them before going to West Brom. :?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Aug 2021 16:16

Must admit I'm struggling a little to understand Messi's motivations, if it isn't purely about money. I stand to be corrected, but I don't really think there is a Messi 'cult' or brand that he might want to maintain. He might have joined up with Iniesta in Japan, or gone back to Newell's in Argentina, or joined Leeds to play under Bielsa. Okay, last one a bit tongue in cheek, but in tune with the sentiment of my post. He's got more money than he or his family or his grandkids can ever spend. I can't imagine a Ligue 1 title excites him much, and winning the CL with PSG will just be overdue for the club, not a massive achievement. Just find Messi's decision a little unimaginative. I guess he's just really good pals with Neymar.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Aug 2021 16:40

Sanguine Must admit I'm struggling a little to understand Messi's motivations, if it isn't purely about money. I stand to be corrected, but I don't really think there is a Messi 'cult' or brand that he might want to maintain. He might have joined up with Iniesta in Japan, or gone back to Newell's in Argentina, or joined Leeds to play under Bielsa. Okay, last one a bit tongue in cheek, but in tune with the sentiment of my post. He's got more money than he or his family or his grandkids can ever spend. I can't imagine a Ligue 1 title excites him much, and winning the CL with PSG will just be overdue for the club, not a massive achievement. Just find Messi's decision a little unimaginative. I guess he's just really good pals with Neymar.

Aren’t Argies and Brazilians definitely NOT the best of mates ?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Aug 2021 17:41

Well, Tottenham have enquired :lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Aug 2021 08:45

Agueros sulking and threatening to leave now :lol:

S

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Aug 2021 08:57

E

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Aug 2021 09:00

Simmops Agueros sulking and threatening to leave now :lol:

S

Given that Barca haven't registered him yet that brings up a couple of issues :

1. He's injured - does he have his own insurance to cover it ?
2. It would seem that Barca's precarious financial position means they can't register ANY players, so he could be clubless
3. If (2) is correct, he doesn;t have to 'leave' he can simply go wherever he wants (except Barca)

Could RFC get both Messi and Aguero ?
(obviously not, but it was worth thinking it for just a moment)

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Aug 2021 11:33

MESSI CONFIRMED!!!!! PSG!!!!!!!!!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Aug 2021 11:55

::Prentendstobeshocked.meme::

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Aug 2021 11:58

Hendo ::Prentendstobeshocked.meme::

We have the tedium of the media build up to his first game against Barcelona to look forward to. Can't wait.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Aug 2021 14:19

[url][/url]
NathStPaul
Hendo ::Prentendstobeshocked.meme::

We have the tedium of the media build up to his first game against Barcelona to look forward to. Can't wait.

:|

The GOAT going back to his boyhood club that raised him and made him who he is?

:roll:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Aug 2021 14:57

reportedly €1M per week before tax

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Aug 2021 17:35

Sanguine
paultheroyal

Agreed. Lukaku for West Brom. Henry the day Arsenal beat us 4-0. Feel like Defoe might have scored 10 that day he got a hat-trick in our 3-3 with Bournemouth.

Victor Moses against us for Palace........

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Aug 2021 17:37

Mr Angry
Sanguine
paultheroyal

Victor Moses against us for Palace........

Thats one which always sticks in my mind as well. They (he) gave us a right good seeing to that night.

https://www.royals.org/matdoc/081209.html

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Aug 2021 17:45

Simmops
Pepe the Horseman
Simmops Villa are making some insane signings.

Him and Leon Bailey oooooo yeah

BIG BIG loss for Southampton. Will they go down now?

+ Buendia and Watkins, have got some great attacking options now. Yeh, I fear for Southampton.

:lol:

Literally forgot they had Watkins

Shitting hell that's some attack they got there

Buendia watkins ings Bailey

:shock:

Decent price on Southampton to go down. They relied on Ings alot and Che Adams isn't good enough to score constantly in the league.

Southampton have just bought Adam Armstrong from Blackburn for £15M; he looked pretty decent last season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Aug 2021 21:31

Messi confimred.

PSG have managed to sign both Barcelona and Real Madrid's captains this summer, which is a bit mentz.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Aug 2021 21:43

10601 posts