The generic transfer thread

10447 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by URZZZZ » 17 Aug 2021 12:44

Like the round robin between Chelsea, Roma and Inter

Chelsea sign Lukaku from Inter, Inter sign Dzeko from Roma, Roma sign Abraham from Chelsea

Reckon Abraham will be a decent signing for Roma - hasn’t quite clicked for him and Tuchel at Chelsea. Lukaku will surely displace Werner who is playing OK performance wise but simply cannot put the ball in the net (apart from offside goals)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Aug 2021 12:53

Chelsea effectively get Lusaka for c£60m

Abraham wasn’t playing anyway so to get £34m is good business (has Nicky Hammond done some consultancy for Chelsea)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Aug 2021 12:56

Think Abraham will do well at Roma. A good season could see him bought back into the England fold.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Aug 2021 13:00

Hendo Think Abraham will do well at Roma. A good season could see him bought back into the England fold.

Nonsense, didn’t you know Mourinho ruins every attacking player’s career?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2021 16:49

Martin Ødegaard signs 5 year contract with Arsenal.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Aug 2021 13:55

Ipswich have made some very good signings this summer - certainly have the calibre of squad to go up

Chaplin
Edmundson
Rekeem Harper
Aluko
Coulson
Bonne
Pigott
Kyle Edwards
Tom Carroll

Doesn’t look too far of Championship squad tbf - will be surprised if they don’t pick it up

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Aug 2021 18:05

Franchise FC I don't get the hate for PSG.

They've only done the same as Barca, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool et al have done and spent a fortune - ironically, not this year where all their major signings are free transfers

Isn't the hate just jealousy ?
Whah ! Whah ! Whah ! - why can't we do that ? etc., etc.

Good luck to them

Ahem, some of us disliked them well before 2012 for the reasons previously stated. There are a lot of cultural reasons that they are the most disliked team in France.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Aug 2021 09:24

Just reading Burnley are about to break their transfer record to sign someone for 15 mill. That has shocked me tbh. Considering the money floating around in football and considering they’ve been in the prem this time round since 2016 I’m quite shocked that it’s so low. Fair play to them a club living within its means. Reading take note.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2021 10:16

Ben Gibson and Chris Wood, both £15m. They've just sold Gibson to Norwich for £8m. Wood has a respectable goal every 3 games in the Permiership for them.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Aug 2021 10:30

Brogue Just reading Burnley are about to break their transfer record to sign someone for 15 mill. That has shocked me tbh. Considering the money floating around in football and considering they’ve been in the prem this time round since 2016 I’m quite shocked that it’s so low. Fair play to them a club living within its means. Reading take note.

Would say that if they had anyone else in charge they'd have been relegated a long time ago. They have the perfect storm of having a team who can grind a result out and a manager who knows how to get the best out of players who know how to grind a result out. Without Dyche they are nothing.

Fair play to them though, punching well above their weight.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Aug 2021 10:38

Yep he’s been a great fit for them. 10 years in charge and 400 games, roughly speaking

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Aug 2021 11:06

As a lover of stories of transfers that nearly happened I quite enjoyed listening to a podcast this morning with Joe Cole who said when he left West Ham he had actually agreed to join Valencia, and the transfer to Chelsea was a late change of mind.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 24 Aug 2021 21:31

Real Madrid allegedly bid €160m for Mbappe.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Aug 2021 22:29

Orion1871 Real Madrid allegedly bid €160m for Mbappe.

With what oxf*rd money?!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Aug 2021 23:33

They can get him on a free in 10 months, and he seems determined to run his contract down, and RM are horribly in debt.

This makes no sense. But then it is RM.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Aug 2021 07:31

Winston Biscuit They can get him on a free in 10 months, and he seems determined to run his contract down, and RM are horribly in debt.

Apparently turned down 3 contract offers. If he doesn't want to play a season with messi then he's mad

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Aug 2021 07:35

Simmops
Winston Biscuit They can get him on a free in 10 months, and he seems determined to run his contract down, and RM are horribly in debt.

Apparently turned down 3 contract offers. If he doesn't want to play a season with messi then he's mad

I can understand it from his POV. Become the main man at RM in a well respected league or stay as one of 3 main men in a sh*t league. PSG's attack will be all based on servicing Messi for the next 2 years.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2021 10:19

Winston Biscuit
Simmops

I can understand it from his POV. Become the main man at RM in a well respected league or stay as one of 3 main men in a sh*t league. PSG's attack will be all based on servicing Messi for the next 2 years.

I get him wanting to move on but he's 22 - so no need to move now. Have 1 year playing in the same side as Messi and Neymar and then as a free agent, have your pick of every club in the world. Madrid will still want him next summer.

PSG may try and force him out to recoup funds and allow them to complete the thought experiment of could Messi & Ronaldo play together.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2021 10:23

Stranded
Winston Biscuit
Simmops

I get him wanting to move on but he's 22 - so no need to move now. Have 1 year playing in the same side as Messi and Neymar and then as a free agent, have your pick of every club in the world. Madrid will still want him next summer.

PSG may try and force him out to recoup funds and allow them to complete the thought experiment of could Messi & Ronaldo play together.

I guess the other thing is that if he winds his contract down, Madrid are potentially allowing someone else to come in and grab him from under them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2021 10:36

Hendo
Stranded
Winston Biscuit

I guess the other thing is that if he winds his contract down, Madrid are potentially allowing someone else to come in and grab him from under them.

True - they will likely see the €160m fee as something they will make back easily in shirt sales.

10447 posts