The generic transfer thread

10442 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Uke » 26 Aug 2021 08:16

genome Kane staying at Spurs, confimred.

https://twitter.com/HKane/status/1430496495225262084

LOL

“ This Summer”

So it all starts again when the January window opens…

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Aug 2021 08:21

Sanguine
genome I can't really see him leaving at all now. Next summer, Haaland will be available for 75m and Kane will be 29.

I think every top club will activate that clause. Haaland's agent is going to absolutely rake in the fees...

It's one of the sad parts of today's game that his destination may in part be determined by whether or not a club is willing to give Mino Raiola €20m+ for 'negotiating' the deal.

Seems I under-estimated Raiola. Claims that has part of a package offered to Chelsea (that included over £800,000 a week to Haaland), Raiola demanded a €30m+ flat fee and his own salary for the duration of Haaland's time at the club. :lol:

Is there seriously not a point where players tell their agents to fcuk off? £100,000 a week earns a player more money than they can probably ever spend. Why do they attach themselves to these clowns?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Aug 2021 09:04

Was listening to something a few days ago and they were basically saying the unwritten rule in football contracts is always give yourself a way out, that is a big part of negotiating contracts and is one of the areas agents earn their money. Kane made his brother his agent, who had no experience being an agent, and signed him up to a contract that has no get out clause and hands all the power to the club. They said Levy must have been howling with laughter when he left the room after Kane signed his new contract.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Aug 2021 09:33

Winston Biscuit

Was listening to something a few days ago and they were basically saying the unwritten rule in football contracts is always give yourself a way out, that is a big part of negotiating contracts and is one of the areas agents earn their money. Kane made his brother his agent, who had no experience being an agent, and signed him up to a contract that has no get out clause and hands all the power to the club. They said Levy must have been howling with laughter when he left the room after Kane signed his new contract.

One just hopes that people (Levy) are better than that.

Take PSG as an example who today have said that as it is evident that Mbappe wants to leave, he will be allowed to leave, albeit at the right price.

Taffster

by Taffster » 26 Aug 2021 10:08

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit

Take PSG as an example who today have said that as it is evident that Mbappe wants to leave, he will be allowed to leave, albeit at the right price.

I'm sure Levy is saying the same to be fair, Levy always seems to have allowed for players to move for the right price. The issue is more about what the right price is.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 26 Aug 2021 11:32

Winston Biscuit

Unbelievable how naïve some sports people are when using family members as agents/managers.

Feel a little for Kane though. His talent should defo see him dining at the top table of Prem teams / European football.

Taffster

by Taffster » 26 Aug 2021 11:48

Zammo
Winston Biscuit

Unbelievable how naïve some sports people are when using family members as agents/managers.

Feel a little for Kane though. His talent should defo see him dining at the top table of Prem teams / European football.

To be fair Kane is still earning a massive wedge and this would of just been a way to set up his brother so I get it.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Aug 2021 13:32

I've heard from somebody itk that his brother is arrogant and not smart at all

Basically lives off his brother.

If kane has super agent super pcunt Raiola he would have been gone 3 years ago

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Aug 2021 13:51

Taffster
Sanguine

I'm sure Levy is saying the same to be fair, Levy always seems to have allowed for players to move for the right price. The issue is more about what the right price is.

Yeah, this. Levy's not stupid, he wouldn't have given this "gentleman's agreement" to Kane to say that he can go regardless. It will have always been "you can go next summer, if we receive the right bid"

City never submitted a proper bid. I do feel they may have shot themselves in the foot by buying Grealish for £100m. Spurs were within their rights to look at that and demand £150-160m. City bid £75m+25m in add-ons :roll:

I wonder if Kane's a little disappointed in City as much as with Tottenham here too.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Aug 2021 15:46

New RM offer of €170M for Mbappe being reported by a few journo's

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Aug 2021 15:52

Ronaldo on his way to City?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Aug 2021 15:53

Winston Biscuit Ronaldo on his way to City?

Believe it when I see it.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Aug 2021 16:20

Hendo

Fabrizio Romano says that City do want him after missing out on Kane, and that Ronaldo is open to the move, but that his agent is in Turin trying to negotiate something closer to a free transfer than the c. £25m fee Juventus want. Considered possible given that Juventus want/need Ronaldo's wages off the books.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Aug 2021 16:26

The greatest of all time coming back to play in the Premier League is highly exciting. Shame it is with City though.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Aug 2021 16:36

I would freakin love to see Ronaldo back in the PL!!!

Still scoring almost a goal a game in the league and won the golden boot in Serie A last season

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Aug 2021 16:48

Hendo

Done deal according to my sources at man city

Works there in one of the departments that deal with something connected to transfer and knows

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Aug 2021 16:48

Sanguine
Hendo

Fabrizio Romano says that City do want him after missing out on Kane, and that Ronaldo is open to the move, but that his agent is in Turin trying to negotiate something closer to a free transfer than the c. £25m fee Juventus want. Considered possible given that Juventus want/need Ronaldo's wages off the books.

They have failed to reach an agreement

He will be a city player before the end of the transfer window

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Aug 2021 16:50

genome
Taffster
Sanguine

Yeah, this. Levy's not stupid, he wouldn't have given this "gentleman's agreement" to Kane to say that he can go regardless. It will have always been "you can go next summer, if we receive the right bid"

City never submitted a proper bid. I do feel they may have shot themselves in the foot by buying Grealish for £100m. Spurs were within their rights to look at that and demand £150-160m. City bid £75m+25m in add-ons :roll:

I wonder if Kane's a little disappointed in City as much as with Tottenham here too.

I already said it ages ago and Hendo and Sanguine got all pissy with me for saying Levy isn't an idiot and wouldn't do something like that. Us Jews ain't that stupid.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Aug 2021 16:51

Simmops
Hendo

Done deal according to my sources at man city

Works there in one of the departments that deal with something connected to transfer and knows

My previous statement remains true. I'll believe it when I see it, and if he does join then it'll be exciting for sure.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Aug 2021 17:25

I can understand why Juve would want to get rid of him in this window. I believe he will want to stay in Europe and go to a club where he could win the biggest trophies and be a contender for the Balon d'Or. City are the one team who have a gaping centre forward sized whole in their squad and have been quite publicly chasing down a top forward for big money that they just failed to get. City are one of only 3 or 4 clubs who could afford the wage, and maybe the only that could afford it that are now looknig for a forward.

It does all make sense tbh.

10442 posts