The Gylfi thread.

2243 posts
pea
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

by pea » 30 May 2012 18:07

I think I'd die of happiness if I had both the Sig and Suarez playing for my club, but I guess its balanced out by having to live in Liverpool for their fans...

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 30 May 2012 18:20

pea but I guess its balanced out by having to live in Liverpool for their fans...

Apart from the thousands that are from the South

old woman

by old woman » 30 May 2012 18:24

who are ya?
pea but I guess its balanced out by having to live in Liverpool for their fans...

Apart from the thousands that are from the South

and from Norway!!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 May 2012 18:29

Can't see Liverpool fans too keen on having Rodgers as manager after King Kenny - but they're a fickle bunch - whether they'd be happy to have Gylfi is another matter of course.

Still possible for him to have a complete change of heart and come back "home". I won't sleep tonight for the excitement! :wink:

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 30 May 2012 20:59

Coming up to 90 minutes in Sweden. Another goal for Gylfi but losing 3-1. Looks head and shoulders the best player for Iceland.

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 30 May 2012 23:25

Let's get Glyfi in for £7mill it would be the perfect football love story!!

I understand a lot are saying its not our style etc etc but if we have one big signing this summer let this be it!!

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 31 May 2012 02:50

cant see it, reckon liverpool will get him

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 31 May 2012 07:28

Just been reported on Sky News that Rodgers is taking Gylfi with him....deal with Swansea hadn't been completed as player had yet to complete medical ......

...can't blame Gylfi for taking that opportunity...

...bit of a double whammy for Swansea ...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 May 2012 08:20

:|

SSN just reported on the Sweden vs Iceland game and said Gylfi came through 90 minutes ahead of his move to Swansea. They're putting 2 and 2 together on Gylfi going to Liverpool at this point

philM

by philM » 31 May 2012 08:34

Daily Mail reckon he could be going to Liverpool..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2152416/Brendan-Rodgers-brink-Liverpool-deal--sign-Gylfi-Sigurdsson.html?ITO=1490

"And one of the first acts Rodgers could perform is to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, as the Iceland midfielder has not had a medical at Swansea and his £6.8million move from Hoffenheim has not been ratified. "

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 31 May 2012 08:43

was always going to be the case, least gylfi has moved to a 'bigger' club and won't be ruined if he is playing under rodgers

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 31 May 2012 09:14

Yeah its just totaly spurious conjecture.

Frankly Siggy might be a little annoyed that Rodgers walked out and left Siggy with the awful position of the unknown at Swansea or abandoning a deal he'd agreed. Thats twice Rodgers has left a club hes been at, he must think that it could happen again at Liverpool with Rodgers either fired or Barcelona manager by Christmas...

Also, Rodgers will have to assess his squad first, he has Adam, Gerrard, Suarez surely he can't just add Siggy without thinking who he wants to keep.

Certainly an opportunity to make a bid and lay it on about a return. But he might not be too pleased with the way we maximised our £7m gain at the expense of sending him to the village team that is Hoffenheim...

Presumably if we have bid we would have done before and he chose Swansea, being the safer bet. Maybe he also rejected bigger clubs so as not to warm the bench (as at Hoffenheim). IF that was true there must be a good chance of him coming back.

But no one knows!

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 31 May 2012 09:20

When we sold Gylfi were we shrewd enough to negotiate a sell-on fee, and if so how much would we stand to gain should his £6.8m move to Swansea go ahead?

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 31 May 2012 09:25

With the Dodger at the pool does this mean we're in a good position to get loans from him?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 31 May 2012 09:29

I think Rodgers would have spoken to Gylfi or his Agent about developments and I'd be surprised if Gylfi didn't already know whether or not Rodgers wants him at Anfield, which I suspect he does. Similarly, as some have said on this thread, Gylfi will have been well aware of Reading's position whatever that may be.

Really surprised there hasn't been more apparent interest in him. I wouldn't blame any player for choosing whatever Club he wants to sign for but I would feel better if Gylfi ends up at a Club the size of Liverpool rather than at Swansea who are similar in size to us.

As for the sell on profit it depends on the terms but usually these clauses are put in to protect the selling Club from the player being sold on for a bigger fee so the clauses usually relate to a percentage of profit I think in which case we may not get a huge sum.

I guess we will be due any outstanding instalments still owed to us by Hoffenheim on the original purchase if they haven't paid the full amount yet.

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 31 May 2012 09:31

Stuffed Crust Pizza When we sold Gylfi were we shrewd enough to negotiate a sell-on fee, and if so how much would we stand to gain should his £6.8m move to Swansea go ahead?

'not a lot'

the sell-on, as i understand it, is based on a % of whatever profit Hoffenheim make.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 31 May 2012 14:48

what about this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/9302658/Swanseas-assertion-that-Iceland-midfielder-Gylfi-Sigurdsson-has-signed-for-the-club-wrong-says-Hoffenheim.html#

Swansea's assertion that Iceland midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson has signed for the club wrong says Hoffenheim
Swansea City’s week goes from bad to worse with Hoffenheim claiming today that Icelandic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson has not signed for the Premier League side.

Oh interesting

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 May 2012 14:51

and that is why we do not announce anything until it is a done deal people

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 31 May 2012 14:52

bigmike what about this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/9302658/Swanseas-assertion-that-Iceland-midfielder-Gylfi-Sigurdsson-has-signed-for-the-club-wrong-says-Hoffenheim.html#

Swansea's assertion that Iceland midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson has signed for the club wrong says Hoffenheim
Swansea City’s week goes from bad to worse with Hoffenheim claiming today that Icelandic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson has not signed for the Premier League side.

Oh interesting

Ho££enheim

He'll cost Liverpool £10M

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 31 May 2012 14:53

the Bundesliga club has reacted angrily to the initial story coming out of south Wales, claiming that contracts have not been signed.

They told Telegraph Sport that Sigurdsson remains a Hoffenheim player and is due back in pre-season training next month.

Communications manager Holger Tromp said: “Gylfi is a player with a regular contract in Hoffenheim and we expect him to be back in training on June 18th.

so they are either after more money or Swansea have actually pissed em off.. maybe to the point of canceling the deal.. either way good stuff

2243 posts