CheLOLsea

9611 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CheLOLsea

by Silver Fox » 15 Mar 2022 16:22

6ft Kerplunk
Mr Angry
6ft Kerplunk I know that clubs aren't really set up these days to sell thousands of tickets to away fans on the day but the same thought had occurred to me to.

If Chelsea have already sold 800 tickets, for Boro to sell the remainder of the away allocation to their own fans would end up being a security and stewarding nightmare.

Best thing to do is for the the away end to have what Chelsea fans had already bought tickets, and the rest empty, with the Government compensating Boro for the lost revenue they would have got for their share of the tickets that didn't get sold due to the sanctions.

I meant selling tickets to the away end to Chelsea fans who travel up not to Boro fans. Which I guess is easier said than done but would many Boro fans wear a Chelsea scarf just to get into see the match? Although as SFers says there may be an issue with how the ticket sales cash is split. I'm sure Chelsea will quite happily waive their share of the money to maintain sporting integrity.

Yeah, selling to Chelsea fns was what I meant, I've just seen the ubiquitous Kaleh Sovokol (sp?) on SSN say Chelsea would happily give the tickets away. Don't actually know how any of it would work mainly because, as mentioned above, any normal company being sanctioned would have had government chains put on their doors, so none of this would really be an issue

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 15 Mar 2022 16:35

Chelsea must have some kind of membership scheme for tickets. Give proof of that when you get to the Boro ticket desk and you buy a ticket. Boro do the decent thing and give Chelsea's slice of the money to a charity helping Ukrainian refugees. Chelsea fans are happy* and Boro get a nice slice of goodwill.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 15 Mar 2022 17:11

Tbh I think the best option and most sensible is to just kick them out and replace them with whoever they beat last round

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Mar 2022 17:23

Chelsea have withdrawn their ‘behind closed doors’ request.

No ‘reasons’ given just yet.

Knobjockies

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 15 Mar 2022 17:44

AthleticoSpizz Chelsea have withdrawn their ‘behind closed doors’ request.

No ‘reasons’ given just yet.

Knobjockies

Probably because it made them look like utter bellends

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 15 Mar 2022 18:38

Hendo If only there was a GIF which could accurately sum up how the above poster felt towards Chelsea while attending a Chelsea v Reading game... :?

;-)

To be fair, Steve Gibson's response made mine look like the calming words of the Pope!!!

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson told the Athletic: "Chelsea and sporting integrity do not belong in the same sentence.

"Where is the intellect of Bruce Buck, the chairman of Chelsea, who has been an apologist for his owner, where the trophies won over 19 years have come from the corrupt money provided by Abramovich?" Gibson added.

"Where is the intellect of the chairman of Chelsea when it comes to playing his games at home in front of his season-ticket holders? Does he want to play all his away games at empty stadiums?

"Abramovich has been kicked out of football and Bruce Buck should be kicked out of football too."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just seen that Chelsea have withdrawn the request to have the game played behind closed doors.......even their own Supporters Trust told them to withdraw it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Mar 2022 19:19

They must travel up north on the team bus instead of flying, I`m not sure how they will cope.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 16 Mar 2022 13:22

One upside of not supporting a team like Chelsea I've realised during this saga is that not every single tweet about your club or by your club is spam replied by people from all over the world who "support" you tweeting barely readable garbled nonsense.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 May 2022 17:45

Rudiger, Christensen, Alonso & Azpilucueta all rumoured to be talking to other clubs with a view to laving this summer

With new owners but no one knowing whether they are going to spend or not, and with a number of players looking to bail out on them, its going to be interesting to see what kind of Chelsea emerge from the summer.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 May 2022 17:52

Winston Biscuit Rudiger, Christensen, Alonso & Azpilucueta all rumoured to be talking to other clubs with a view to laving this summer

With new owners but no one knowing whether they are going to spend or not, and with a number of players looking to bail out on them, its going to be interesting to see what kind of Chelsea emerge from the summer.

Potentially one without Tuchel if he thinks the squad is going to be decimated

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 May 2022 21:57

Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit Rudiger, Christensen, Alonso & Azpilucueta all rumoured to be talking to other clubs with a view to laving this summer

Potentially one without Tuchel if he thinks the squad is going to be decimated

He certainly does seem very unhappy at the moment. Wonder if Spurs will make a move should Conte go to PSG?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 May 2022 17:38

Sale in doubt. Abramovich wants his money according to The Times.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 May 2022 19:21

Orion1871 Sale in doubt. Abramovich wants his money according to The Times.

Impose the same corporate restrictions as other Russian assets, then
No exemptions

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 May 2022 19:46

Of course he wants his money and he should get his money.

That money should be held in a secure account until his mate Vlad is out of office/Russia change their ways.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 16 May 2022 17:38

It looks as if the deal to buy Chelsea is definitely in trouble, caused by RA basically lying; he says he doesn't want his money, but there is a claim of £1.6Bn if Chelsea are sold from a Jersey based Company (called Camberley International Investments) the ownership of which is difficult to untangle but appears to end with RA.

An insider said:

"Two big sticking points remain - where exactly the proceeds of the sale will be held, and what legal guarantees government will be given about the money going to good causes," they said.

"Essentially, despite committing to all proceeds going to good causes in public, Abramovich seems unwilling to give the same legal commitments, which would have backed up his public statements of about a week ago, that in the deal neither he nor his affiliates could basically try and stake a claim to that unpaid debt between Fordstam and Camberley.

"A deal which would allow the cash to be diverted during the deal would be a breach of sanctions and is seen as a red line for ministers."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61467164

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 16 May 2022 17:39

NathStPaul Of course he wants his illegal, dirty money-laundered money and he should get his illegal, dirty money-laundered money.

That money should be held in a secure account until his mate Vlad is out of office/Russia change their ways.

Corrected for you...........

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 May 2022 19:13

4.25 billion for a football club.....have I missed something. That's twice United's valuation and the own their own ground!!!!
Why would you pay that much for a money pit? The maths and returns don't add up.
Wasn't Abramovich losing nearly 800k a week there or something?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Feb 2023 16:35

Real Madrid have scored more goals in England since October than Chelsea have

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Feb 2023 16:51

Leeds, Leicester & Everton next up in the league. If they can stick with him for the week then he could get a run of results

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Feb 2023 05:50

Winston Biscuit Leeds, Leicester & Everton next up in the league. If they can stick with him for the week then he could get a run of results

Could be make or break for him with fixtures like that

9611 posts