Eddie Howe

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Eddie Howe

by Focher » 14 Jan 2011 22:19

Good to see some genuine loyalty. The bloke was visibly gutted after the game with Colchester tonight and confirmed he's going to Burnley. Refreshing to see and i think he has a very good chance of going to the top in management.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Re: Eddie Howe

by T.R.O.L.I. » 14 Jan 2011 22:48

Disagree. If he was that loyal then he'd stay at Bournemouth until the end of the season - they are in a very good position in the league and him leaving could cause them no end of grief. And it's not like new managerial roles are a rarity these days....

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Jan 2011 22:53

Proves that managers as as concerned about guarantees of how much money they'll get to spend as they are with how much they'll be paid.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Jan 2011 22:56

T.R.O.L.I. Disagree. If he was that loyal then he'd stay at Bournemouth until the end of the season - they are in a very good position in the league and him leaving could cause them no end of grief. And it's not like new managerial roles are a rarity these days....

Total bollox TROLI, he has turned down 5 clubs to stay at Bournemouth, and Burnley is as gooda opportunity as taking over at Reading. You would not being saying that if it was us he was coming to.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Jan 2011 23:06

Burnley is a good job to get. With their squad the only way is up from where they are now.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 14 Jan 2011 23:07

winchester_royal Burnley is a good job to get. With their squad the only way is up from where they are now.

Plus they have another £20M+ of parachute payments

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 15 Jan 2011 01:26

what he has done at Bournemouth is quite remarkable really

Took over when they were dead and buried - the directors had basically planned for non-league football but he turned around the 20-odd point deficit and kept them up :o

Less than 100 games later they are 3rd in league one.

He did all that with no money at all

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 15 Jan 2011 05:12

Doesnt mean he will do well at Burnley. High level of expectation and presure which he didn't have at Bournemouth. Reminds me of when Parky left Colchester for Hull and he was sacked a year later.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Jan 2011 08:35

Still must come as a kick in the teeth to Bournemouth fans as only a few days ago it was announced he was staying after turning down Palace

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 15 Jan 2011 08:43

Jackson Corner Doesnt mean he will do well at Burnley. High level of expectation and presure which he didn't have at Bournemouth. Reminds me of when Parky left Colchester for Hull and he was sacked a year later.

The truth is we just don't know. Any managerial appointment is a punt.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 15 Jan 2011 09:44

Barry the bird boggler Still must come as a kick in the teeth to Bournemouth fans as only a few days ago it was announced he was staying after turning down Palace

Burnley must have offered him one hell of a package :?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 15 Jan 2011 11:36

Focher
Barry the bird boggler Still must come as a kick in the teeth to Bournemouth fans as only a few days ago it was announced he was staying after turning down Palace

Burnley must have offered him one hell of a package :?

£350,000 a year. Palace offered £300,000 a year. He is on £90,000 a year at Bournmouth

In 2004 Bournmouth fans raised £13,000 to help pay for Eddie Howe to return to the club. With such a personal element involved you can see why some are annoyed he is going.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 15 Jan 2011 11:41

soggy biscuit
In 2004 Bournmouth fans raised £13,000 to help pay for Eddie Howe to return to the club. With such a personal element involved you can see why some are annoyed he is going.

there also has to be realism here the bloke has put his heart and soul into Bournemouth for many many years as a player and manager, and the fact they have raised money for him shouldnt detract him from bettering his career. The one mistake he has made his to be so public on Tuesday about staying, he should have just said 'i have turned down Palace and Charlton', and not make such a song and dance about staying at Bournemouth.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 15 Jan 2011 11:47

Focher
soggy biscuit

there also has to be realism here the bloke has put his heart and soul into Bournemouth for many many years as a player and manager, and the fact they have raised money for him shouldnt detract him from bettering his career. The one mistake he has made his to be so public on Tuesday about staying, he should have just said 'i have turned down Palace and Charlton', and not make such a song and dance about staying at Bournemouth.

Agree. Just can see why people who get caught up with the emotion of the game and don't think clearly (see most of the team board) would feel they have reason to be upset

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Jan 2011 12:40

Will be interesting to see how he and Tindall get on at Burnley when they team up with their old mate Wade Elliott.
The two of them have done a great job with the help of Steve Fletcher who will possibly end up doing a Jim and Mick with Lee Bradbury at Bournemouth (the cheap option).

As with Brian McD I get the feeling that Howe has succeeded because of knowing the players well and being very close to them-whether that will work with players that he doesn't know,at a higher level and in a very different part of the country time will tell.

The other point is that Bournemouth's relative success has been achieved by bringing in non-league and Div 2 players (somtimes players that have had grounding at league clubs but have fallen away-Austin was there but Bournemouth couldn't afford to sign him from Poole)-whether that method will work at somewhere like Burnley is another matter but like O'Driscoll at Doncaster I would expect the passing game will be the way that he will have Burnley playing and they generally do that already.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 15 Jan 2011 13:11

Bournemouth will get around £500k from this deal, apparently.........surely he knew it was a good bit of business for them, as well as him.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Jan 2011 14:06

TBM Bournemouth will get around £500k from this deal, apparently.........surely he knew it was a good bit of business for them, as well as him.

I think that is why the club gave him and Tindall 3-year contracts not so long ago knowing that they were likely to leave and the club would get compensation.
Both sides have won in those circumstances.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Jan 2011 14:34

Fair play to him, seems a genuine guy and is clearly an excellent manager - he's worked wonders at Bournemouth and if I'm honest I'm very surprised a bigger and better club than Burnley haven't come in for him.

Half Man Half Biscuit

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 16 Jan 2011 14:56

Royalee Fair play to him, seems a genuine guy and is clearly an excellent manager - he's worked wonders at Bournemouth and if I'm honest I'm very surprised a bigger and better club than Burnley haven't come in for him.

He's no experience at all in the transfer market, hope that keeps the Clarets below us.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Jan 2011 19:02

Half Man Half Biscuit
Royalee Fair play to him, seems a genuine guy and is clearly an excellent manager - he's worked wonders at Bournemouth and if I'm honest I'm very surprised a bigger and better club than Burnley haven't come in for him.

He's no experience at all in the transfer market, hope that keeps the Clarets below us.

the majority of his incoming transfers are likely to be Bournemouth players