Football is Sh1t

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Football is Sh1t

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Jun 2016 22:18

Title, copyrighted by Leon

Arsenal are already talking to Vardy's agents

A team finds a winning formula.....the vultures descend......pick-off their top-team-players with the lure of £...then probably bench them

Then we have the audacity to whinge about our England team who invariably are Prem second choice starters/sick noters

Rax

Re: Football is Sh1t

by Rax » 03 Jun 2016 23:06

The most depressing thing about this is England's (or Hodgson's) "Rooney must play at all costs" - for the first time in ages we have a young and hungry strikeforce that could really have a go!

Instead he's risking it all to accommodate Rooney where really he should be on the bench.

For Jamie Vardy - see Francis Jeffers - you have been warned....

double d

by double d » 04 Jun 2016 09:42

Rax The most depressing thing about this is England's (or Hodgson's) "Rooney must play at all costs" - for the first time in ages we have a young and hungry strikeforce that could really have a go!

Instead he's risking it all to accommodate Rooney where really he should be on the bench.

Sod off Rooney to the bench, he did nothing in our friendly games and stopped Vardy and Kane being effective.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 04 Jun 2016 10:26

Modern Football Is Rubbish (to paraphrase Blur)
Obvious and inevitable it was going to happen but still beeping annoying to see it. Money is everything. Any big team will want/need to destabilise Leicester for their own benefit. If the vultures grab Vardy, Mahrez and Kante that's probably enough with Champs League to take them out of the equation next year. From the player's point of view you can see Vardy grabbing it for the money, the bigger club, etc.
I just wish for the sake of football and all things decent they all said "no, we're sticking with our team, club and manager because they helped collectively get us in this position". One day it might happen and we'd start to reclaim the game.

Dream on Mr Naive.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jun 2016 19:36

Rax The most depressing thing about this is England's (or Hodgson's) "Rooney must play at all costs" - for the first time in ages we have a young and hungry strikeforce that could really have a go!

Vardy is by no stretch of the imagination young !
He's probably at his peak at 28 but likely to just have one big move in his career. He's at his most marketable now, he almost certainly won't have as good a season next year and being a year nearer 30 he'll be less of a target.
It's a big call for him but he'll get a big pay rise if he goes to Arsenal now, and he'll be able to walk into the dressing room and show off a Champions medal which will make the rest of the squad jealous....
But if he goes it will be the start of a Leicester exodus..

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Jun 2016 19:43

Vardy will be 30 in 7 months.

I'd love to see him stay at Leicester but unfortunately money taljs

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 04 Jun 2016 21:00

With the money arsenal have in the bank and the income they get, if they get one good season out of him it is worth it.

Rax

by Rax » 04 Jun 2016 23:13

Nameless

He's probably at his peak at 28 but likely to just have one big move in his career. He's at his most marketable now, he almost certainly won't have as good a season next year and being a year nearer 30 he'll be less of a target.
It's a big call for him but he'll get a big pay rise if he goes to Arsenal now, and he'll be able to walk into the dressing room and show off a Champions medal which will make the rest of the squad jealous....

Good and accurate points Nameless, I should have made the Vardy/Jeffers comparison clearer - in that it's better to be a big fish in a small pond.......our 106 team suffered exactly the same.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 05 Jun 2016 14:05

Rax
Nameless

Good and accurate points Nameless, I should have made the Vardy/Jeffers comparison clearer - in that it's better to be a big fish in a small pond.......our 106 team suffered exactly the same.

I'd actually think it's a mad move for other reasons. For a start, is he the sort of player who'd fit into Arsenal's style of play? Secondly, is he more likely to challenge for honours next season with Arsenal or Leicester next year? Normally you'd say Arsenal, but it doesn't seem to have been a happy camp for quite a while now.

Thirdly, is the amount extra they'd be paying him worth it? There must come a point where three years on £150000 a week doesn't really make much difference to your life than three on £100000 a week.

It does seem unbelievable that Leicester would offer him a new deal a few weeks a go (with a hefty signing on fee, no doubt) and not put his release clause up to a more realistic level at the same time though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Jun 2016 14:23

tmesis Thirdly, is the amount extra they'd be paying him worth it? There must come a point where three years on £150000 a week doesn't really make much difference to your life than three on £100000 a week.

:?:

The difference is about 8 million quid!

double d

by double d » 05 Jun 2016 14:41

Platypuss
tmesis Thirdly, is the amount extra they'd be paying him worth it? There must come a point where three years on £150000 a week doesn't really make much difference to your life than three on £100000 a week.

That is alot. However (and it will happen) he is at the wrong end of 25, nearing 30. He will go there, get games, maybe score a few but be a small fish in a much bigger pond. He will sit around on the bench whilst Wenger loves Giroud. Old age question..... do you go from here payrise but hate your job (I know it's football and he won't hate it but sitting on the bench is not what a footballer wants to do) or do you stick withbeing a big fish in a decent size pond and one of the main players for still good money.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jun 2016 15:46

I'm sick to death of hearing about Jamie bloody Vardy as it is

Everywhere you look on social media or tv, it's "Chat sh*t get banged", or "Jamie Vardy's having a party".

Sod off to Arsenal, sit on the bench and just wait for retirement. Also, will be interesting to watch Leicester slip down the league and get relegated

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 05 Jun 2016 18:23

Platypuss

It is, but what are you going to do with £24 million that you couldn't do with £16 million?

You get to a stage where you need to be quite inventive to spend £16 million, let alone an extra £8 million on top.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jun 2016 18:29

I think the frugal Platypus misunderstood that point that you were originally making tmesis....it happens a lot on here.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Jun 2016 18:57

I think you need to be talking significantly larger figures before £8m becomes irrelevant. Especially for someone with a big earning life span of about 6 years total.

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 06 Jun 2016 10:52

I actually think it's been a really good season for football, most of the money grabbing teams owned by Saudi Arabian oilers have disappointed whereas team with spirit, determination and grit have come on top (e.g. you know who). If Vardy was to leave I would lose all respect for him and if Mahrez left, Leicester.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Jun 2016 11:52

Ian Royal I think you need to be talking significantly larger figures before £8m becomes irrelevant. Especially for someone with a big earning life span of about 6 years total.

Your posting of late has been the best I've ever seen from you and many others on here. Please keep it up

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jun 2016 08:09

tmesis
Platypuss

It is, but what are you going to do with £24 million that you couldn't do with £16 million?

You get to a stage where you need to be quite inventive to spend £16 million, let alone an extra £8 million on top.

Considering you are implying that he is finished when he turns 30 he clearly needs all the money he can get to see out the rest of his days!!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Jun 2016 09:29

I figured the vultures would swoop for Leicester's key men this Summer, I also figured teams will be more defensive against them next season, which won't help their counter attacking style and they may suffer a few injuries and suspensions.

Because of all that I stuck a tenner on them to be relegated.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 16 Jun 2016 17:20

I think he should do the right thing, and stay for 1 season. and I think there is a chance that he still may
hes already achieved his dreams. now its time to pay it back to his club and team mates.
he'll get a good pay rise out of it at Leicester, play in the champions league for a bit, and have another go at the league next season.

arsenal will absolutely ruin him like all th eother English attackers theyve had. he'll play 15 games a season, and win oxf*rd all.