Mike AshLOLey

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Mike AshLOLey

by Kitsondinho » 14 Sep 2008 18:19

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Mike AshLOLey

by Uke » 14 Sep 2008 19:26

Reading that statement just shows how fickle the "greatest fans in the world" are

Perhaps he should have looked dahn sarf for a club!

frimmers

by frimmers » 14 Sep 2008 19:49

Uke Reading that statement just shows how fickle the "greatest fans in the world" are

Perhaps he should have looked dahn sarf for a club!

is mr mad looking for a buyer?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 14 Sep 2008 21:59

Mike Ashley's Official Statement from the Newcastle official website... not sure if its any different to the BBC one :P Doubt it... might have a bit of extra detail though!
Last edited by kwik-silva on 14 Sep 2008 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 14 Sep 2008 21:59

Also shows you just have plain deluded Newcastle fans are. Thinking they can compete with the big boys financially and backing a manager who admitted he wasn't tactically capable 7 years ago.

I hope any Newcastle fans reading that letter feel suitably embarrassed. Especially those who have meant that Ashley doesn't even want to risk taken his kids to a match.

'Greatest fans in the world'. LOL.

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 14 Sep 2008 22:13

Fair and frank stuff from Ashley. He has some very good points and is basically saying, look "you fans don't know how much shit the club was in before i bought it and put it on a financial footing, if you don't like it i'll oxf*rd off, then see what happens to your club".

I don't think Ashley is media spin he, realises the shit the fans have given him so is giving them what they want. I'll laugh my bollocks off when he goes and someone else comes in and oxf*rd them over Leeds United style. They are an average Prem club and nothing more.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 15 Sep 2008 10:19

NewcastLOLe Fans

Happy to drop their trousers and bend over when Ashley and his billions come in. Take him on board as one of their own despite knowing he's Spurs. Let him clear large amounts of debt and can't get enough free booze from him at away games.

As soon as he says there is no money for transfers they want him out.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 15 Sep 2008 12:05

Brilliant piece by Ashley. Straight from the heart. I doubt any of it will sink it with the Newcastle fans; thick Geordie b*stards.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 15 Sep 2008 12:06

so he didn't do any due diligence and is now being raped by the financial side of things he couldn't be bothered to check.

LOLZ - what a mug

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Sep 2008 12:52

Wax Jacket so he didn't do any due diligence and is now being raped by the financial side of things he couldn't be bothered to check.

LOLZ - what a mug

I think its what's known as "doing a GoLOLdberg".

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 16 Sep 2008 15:39

NEWCASTLE UNITED FANS ARE THE CLUB'S BIGGEST PROBLEM
Here is a message for the whining, whingeing, self-pitying, self-indulgent and deluded fans on Tyneside, otherwise known as the Toon Army: Kevin Keegan is not the Messiah; Alan Shearer is not an aspect of the trinity; Mike Ashley is not the Devil; Tony Jimenez is not on the secret payroll of Sunderland; and Dennis Wise is not an evil dwarf.

Newcastle United are not a “massive” club and do not have a divine right to remain in the Premier League; St James' Park is not the world's greatest stadium; and, in case you were wondering, your team will not break into the top four any time soon, with or without Ashley, Keegan, Wise or any of the other men who are heroes, villains and sometimes both in the febrile imaginations of the world's most whimsical supporters.

Oh, and you are not the most loyal, valiant and wonderfully dependable fans on the planet. Check out the attendances when Newcastle were languishing in the second division at the start of the 1990s and you will get the measure of the myth that has clung to the black-and-white-shirted men and women for far too long. That's right, they were often much fewer than 20,000 and with the Gallowgate end partially deserted. Is that what you call loyalty?

The banners castigating Ashley for being a southerner during Saturday's comically self-important protest were the final straw for many of us who have long endured the tedious soap opera on Tyneside. That and the ill-informed, conspiracy-laden and melodramatic messages posted on the dozens of message boards that these fans seem to spend their lives reading.

Where is the gallows humour, the sense of irony, the satirical edge? Where is the old-fashioned self-mockery that characterises most other groups of English football fans when their team are having a bad time of it?

The only way that Newcastle fans are ever going to be truly happy is when they have formed a collective to buy the club and have made a pig's ear, as they inevitably would, of a kind that would make Freddy Shepherd's last remaining strands stand on end. When they have rehired Keegan to manage the team, Shearer to be his assistant and the ghost of Jackie Milburn to do the scouting. When they have got control of the club and discovered that their own volatility makes it practically ungovernable.

Sure, passion and commitment are great things and we all know that in a big city with only one football club, there is bound to be a siege mentality and more than a little self-absorption. But many Newcastle fans have turned navel-gazing into an art form. They need to get out more and discover that their beloved club, who have not won a trophy for decades, are virtually unknown beyond these shores. They need a little perspective, not least in terms that passion does not equate to knowledge, nor does enthusiasm equate to expertise on how to run a football club.

This is a group of fans who agitated for the sacking of Sam Allardyce after only six months because the football was not pretty enough, even though he had put in place a much-needed science support structure and cleared out the dead wood from the Shepherd era. These are fans who want nothing to do with Ashley because he is from “down South” and because he insisted on a continental scouting system to support a manger who, by his own admission, had not attended a live match for three years and so was the last person who could have done the scouting job.

Sure, mistakes were made by Ashley, not least in the appointment of Keegan - something that was bound to end in tears - and in spheres of responsibility not being properly spelt out to the main protagonists. But let's get real. The fundamental problem with Newcastle is no longer the corporate management, but those who used to be described as the club's greatest assets: the fans - or at least those who are making all the noise at present.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 16 Sep 2008 16:05

I was with you until the bit about Wise not being an evil dwarf.

Dickie Davies

by Dickie Davies » 16 Sep 2008 16:12

I read said article earlier.

Stating the obvious me thinks.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 16 Sep 2008 18:42

Syed is, as usual, 100% spot on in that article. Nice counterpoint to all the mawkish Newcsl Brun Ale'n'Shearer sentimentality, one Daily Mail article even suggested Robson should be made chairman and it would 'help him in his fight against terminal cancer'. Not sure whether to :| :lol: :roll: or :evil: at that.

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 16 Sep 2008 22:02

Mike Ashleys a tottenham fan btw.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 17 Sep 2008 10:01

Kevin Doyles Right Foot Mike Ashleys a tottenham fan btw.

Yes, but if you put however many millions into a football club, you too would suddenly be their biggest fan.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 20 Sep 2008 08:36

Peter Beardsley has gone on record in support of Ashley

I agree with him. Newcastle United are a total joke of a club and maybe this is a reality check?

Losing your owner and at home to Hull within a week?

For a club that thinks they are top 4 material, these fans need a serious reality check. The fans are daft enough to beg Kevin Keegan to come back :lol:

Is there something in the water up there?

sucatraps

Couldn't get worse or could it?

by sucatraps » 22 Sep 2008 15:14

had a call from a friend working in Newcastle who claims the latest rumour there is that a 'Nigerian billionaire businessman is hoping to bid for the club' Call me old fashioned, but isn't Nigeria one of the most corrupt societies on earth? :roll:
Last edited by sucatraps on 23 Sep 2008 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Couldn't get worse or could it?

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Sep 2008 15:19

sucatraps had a call from a friend working in Newcastle who claims the latest rumour there is that a 'Nigerian billionaire businessman is hoping to bid for the club' Call me old fashioned, but isn't Nigeria one of the most corupt societies on earth? :roll:

General Football, or are you talking about a takeover of Reading? :wink: