Neil Warnock

103 posts
ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

Neil Warnock

by ankeny » 08 Feb 2010 19:18

Alright,we have our run- ins with him in the past but Im beginning to like him.To me,he is a real old fashioned football manager whose not ruled by how much money he can squeeze out the club,a bit like our Brian in fact.He strikes me that he stands by his team and hes got that"Were all in this together"air about him.I really wouldnt mind him taking over here one day.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Neil Warnock

by Row Z Royal » 08 Feb 2010 20:37

ankeny Alright,we have our run- ins with him in the past but Im beginning to like him.To me,he is a real old fashioned football manager whose not ruled by how much money he can squeeze out the club,a bit like our Brian in fact.He strikes me that he stands by his team and hes got that"Were all in this together"air about him.I really wouldnt mind him taking over here one day.

I would.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Feb 2010 22:01

I have always liked Colin. OTT passionate about the game!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 08 Feb 2010 22:41

Always liked him, think the abuse reading fans give him ( and other players) is appalling.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 08 Feb 2010 22:52

Given his general, open dislike and bitterness of Reading during his time at Sheff Utd when we generally had a huge upper hand over them, and his team's actions in some of those games, coupled with his, I think it's obvious that he is going to come in for some stick, and some of it is warranted. He is not universally liked because his teams are a touch like Billy Davies's, doing anything they can to win and if that means winding up opposition then they do it. Unsporting, full of gamesmanship (more than the norm), generally thoroughly dislikeable. He gets results, fair play, but that doesn't make him a likeable man.

You never miss an oportunity to have a dig at one of the clubs you support's fans do you FR? It does get a little tedious at times.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 08 Feb 2010 23:04

Sorry handbags but what is tedious is our cringe worthy barracking of other teams players and fans over the years. It goes well past the line of normal fan banter. We have to be one of the most antagonising sets of supporters in the division always looking to draw a reaction.

" how shit must you be, we're winning at home" -- great support for your own team isn't it?

Also, i'll never forget Wigan away in our first season in the prem, booing heskey like he had committed murder. I mean, who the hell boo's emile heskey? lmao

The guy is a solid pro, always give 100%, model pro on and off the field, hadn't even looked our direction and reading fans are on his back, massive LOL when he scored and put his hands on his ears, fully deserved. I still to this day have not had a concrete answer from Reading fans as to why they were booing him.

Reading just seem to pick a player and treat him like a pantomime villain every game, why can't we just support our own team, ignore the opposition fans until they sing at us - and get behind our own team like most of the other football teams in the country?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 08 Feb 2010 23:16

What if Heskey was Irish and Catholic? :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Feb 2010 23:25

FiNeRaIn Sorry handbags but what is tedious is our cringe worthy barracking of other teams players and fans over the years. It goes well past the line of normal fan banter. We have to be one of the most antagonising sets of supporters in the division always looking to draw a reaction.

" how shit must you be, we're winning at home" -- great support for your own team isn't it?

Also, i'll never forget Wigan away in our first season in the prem, booing heskey like he had committed murder. I mean, who the hell boo's emile heskey? lmao

The guy is a solid pro, always give 100%, model pro on and off the field, hadn't even looked our direction and reading fans are on his back, massive LOL when he scored and put his hands on his ears, fully deserved. I still to this day have not had a concrete answer from Reading fans as to why they were booing him.

Reading just seem to pick a player and treat him like a pantomime villain every game, why can't we just support our own team, ignore the opposition fans until they sing at us - and get behind our own team like most of the other football teams in the country?

I thought we were passive retards who never sing anything?

Warnock - hate him at another club, love him at yours.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 09 Feb 2010 01:35

I hate the bloke, but football would be boring without him. One thing you can't argue against is he is a real character and has a real passion for the game, which perhaps is his downfall and why he has never made it to the very top.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Feb 2010 02:14

Geekins What if Heskey was Irish and Catholic? :roll:

Thats getting a bit tedious now, doesn't even deserve a proper response. Next...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Feb 2010 02:16

Ian Royal I thought we were passive retards who never sing anything?

Warnock - hate him at another club, love him at yours.

Since when was booing singing?

I don't love Neil warnock at all, he has my respect though and I think characters like him make the game more enjoyable. Honestly, who wants puppet managers full of the same old cliches?

Gave me Ian holloway or Neil warnock over 90% of the football league managers any day.

Comfortably Numb

by Comfortably Numb » 09 Feb 2010 08:42

FiNeRaIn Always liked him, think the abuse reading fans give him ( and other players) is appalling.

how ironic coming from a foul mouthed glasgow rangers fan :!: :!:

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 09 Feb 2010 08:44

FiNeRaIn Gave me Ian holloway or Neil warnock over 90% of the football league managers any day.

Ian Holloway >>>>>>>>> Neil Warnock

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 09 Feb 2010 13:55

Comfortably Numb
FiNeRaIn Always liked him, think the abuse reading fans give him ( and other players) is appalling.

how ironic coming from a foul mouthed glasgow rangers fan :!: :!:

You've never met me you prat.

If you are talking about the standard of language on HNA, I think you'll find on the scale of offenders I wouldn't be close to the top.

Yet more drivel directed at my avatar from the resident haters.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Feb 2010 14:50

Geekins What if Heskey was Irish and Catholic? :roll:

Well, if he wore a white hat he would be like a pint of guinness!

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 10 Feb 2010 08:40

Warnock is a media-whore. Mr sound-bite. Mr "controversial". He's a twat.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Feb 2010 15:41

Colin isn't a "pantomine villain"; he is a crass, ignorant, obnoxious, bullying thug and he deserves all the abuse and stick he gets, multiplied by about 100,000.

Any manager who instructs his players to go onto the field of play and try and break an opponents leg should be banned from the game for 5 years; do it twice (as Colin is known to have done) and he should be banned for life.

By bottling out of throwing the book at him as they should have done over the Battle of Brammall Lane v West Brom, the FA gave him carte blanche to carry on behaving like the ASBO he is, and I for one, would not go to a Reading game were he to become our manager, as frankly, I will never forgive him for instructing one of his players to try and break Sidwell's leg, and in the same game, tell Gillespie to elbow SHunt the moment he was subbed onto the pitch.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Feb 2010 16:39

Don't be so idiotic and petty - id love to know why Reading fans think that making a kicking motion with your leg is classed as seriously "instructing his own player to break someones leg". ALOL at that notion. Grow up.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 10 Feb 2010 17:03

It was the lip-reading that went with it, which was pretty unequivocally an instruction to one of his players to "break his f*ckin legs". He has previous as well, at Elland Road I believe, the previous season in which he even admitted saying that.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Feb 2010 17:18

handbags_harris It was the lip-reading that went with it, which was pretty unequivocally an instruction to one of his players to "break his f*ckin legs". He has previous as well, at Elland Road I believe, the previous season in which he even admitted saying that.

Answer me this, do you actually hand on heart believe he meant it - or more to spice his players up? I really hope its the former. If the FA or anyone within the english game genuinly thought Neil Warnock sent his players out to injure opponents then he would be long gone. Also, to be honest that WBA side had some absolute brutes in it too.

103 posts