RUMOUR - Lita & Shorey on the way out

702 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Jul 2007 08:13

Behindu And to answer your question directly I think a player would be crazy to sign for West Ham as they could be in a lot of trouble over Tevez. I'd steer clear of signingf or them, Pompey or Newcastle at the moment if I fancied a long career.

Actually, I've thought a lot about that,and I think signing for them is a double golden egg (ok, Eggy).

Players signs for them and gets an instant pay rise. (Golden Egg One)
Clause put into contract (like those in Upson and Neill) that enables them to go elsewhere if the worst happens - and on the cheap.
The worst happens.
Players goes to new club with a minimal fee attached and allows agent to demand a huge signing-on fee. (Golden Egg Two)

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 21 Jul 2007 09:08

Franchise FC
Behindu And to answer your question directly I think a player would be crazy to sign for West Ham as they could be in a lot of trouble over Tevez. I'd steer clear of signingf or them, Pompey or Newcastle at the moment if I fancied a long career.

Actually, I've thought a lot about that,and I think signing for them is a double golden egg (ok, Eggy).

Players signs for them and gets an instant pay rise. (Golden Egg One)
Clause put into contract (like those in Upson and Neill) that enables them to go elsewhere if the worst happens - and on the cheap.
The worst happens.
Players goes to new club with a minimal fee attached and allows agent to demand a huge signing-on fee. (Golden Egg Two)

That assumes 'the worst' is relegation.....it also assumes that WHU would agree to clauses like that. Last January they were fire fighting so would have agreed to anything.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Jul 2007 10:30

Personally I am flattered to be linked with supporting a club the size of Manchester United. I have always wanted to watch Champions League football live and supporting United would give me that opportunity to sit and watch the best players in Europe.

I have not renewed my season ticket at Reading and I will just have to see who can provide me with the most attractive football watching experience for next season and then I can make my mind up where I will buy my season ticket for 2007/8.

I have enjoyed my time at Reading but sometimes you need a change of direction and the club I chose will have to match my ambition. I think is it is just a case of wait and see but Utd or Liverpool are clubs that would interest me enormously.

Fezza

by Fezza » 23 Jul 2007 10:36

Mr Optimist Personally I am flattered to be linked with supporting a club the size of Manchester United. I have always wanted to watch Champions League football live and supporting United would give me that opportunity to sit and watch the best players in Europe.

I have not renewed my season ticket at Reading and I will just have to see who can provide me with the most attractive football watching experience for next season and then I can make my mind up where I will buy my season ticket for 2007/8.

I have enjoyed my time at Reading but sometimes you need a change of direction and the club I chose will have to match my ambition. I think is it is just a case of wait and see but Utd or Liverpool are clubs that would interest me enormously.

Bait's on the line!!!

G'La

by G'La » 24 Jul 2007 08:18

Reading defender Nicky Shorey will sign a new contract with the Royals this week. (Daily Star)

LongLaneYank

by LongLaneYank » 24 Jul 2007 08:32

G'La
Reading defender Nicky Shorey will sign a new contract with the Royals this week. (Daily Star)

So then he'll leave Reading after he signs a new deal? Odd.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Jul 2007 15:21

I think Shorey should be made our highest paid player............

He is certainly our most valuable asset.

The figures being mentioned for Shorey are in the £5 Million area. In my opinion, in todays transfer market we should be expecting £10Million for Shorey.

Thats how much Spurs paid for Gareth Bale. Shorey is better than Bale.

Give Shorey the contract that we offered Sidwell and nail him down for 5 years. He is a first class pro that loves it at RFC. We need him to stay.

If Shorey stays, Reading can achieve anything. He runs the game from left back. He creates our play from left back. He's the most important piece of the jigsaw.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Jul 2007 15:24

Lita is a little superstar as well......

Lita has so much that he needs to improve in his all round game. There is no one with better credentials to improve his play than Coppell.

For his own benefit he should be staying with us for another 4 years. It would be great to see Leroy become the next Ian Wright smashing in the goals in that number 8 shirt for us.

He is good enough to become the next Wrighty and he is in the right place to achieve it.

He already is dynamite. If he stays with Reading for another 4 years he will become Fffing DYNAMITE!

thefruits

by thefruits » 24 Jul 2007 15:32

Top Flight
If Shorey stays, Reading can achieve anything. He runs the game from left back. He creates our play from left back. He's the most important piece of the jigsaw.

I'd argue all day that a fit Little is the most important and certainly influential part of our jigsaw. I just wish the club could sort his nagging injury out. Any update on whether he'll (Little) be fit for the start of the season ?

G'La

by G'La » 24 Jul 2007 15:34

Top Flight Lita is a little superstar as well......

Lita has so much that he needs to improve in his all round game. There is no one with better credentials to improve his play than Coppell.

For his own benefit he should be staying with us for another 4 years. It would be great to see Leroy become the next Ian Wright smashing in the goals in that number 8 shirt for us.

He is good enough to become the next Wrighty and he is in the right place to achieve it.

He already is dynamite. If he stays with Reading for another 4 years he will become Fffing DYNAMITE!

Why Ian Wright? Racist!

G'La

by G'La » 24 Jul 2007 15:36

thefruits
Top Flight

I'd argue all day that a fit Little is the most important and certainly influential part of our jigsaw. I just wish the club could sort his nagging injury out. Any update on whether he'll (Little) be fit for the start of the season ?

I'd argue all day that a fit Little whos a few years younger is the most important and certainly influential part of our jigsaw. Thing is he's now in his twilight years.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Jul 2007 15:43

G'La
Top Flight Lita is a little superstar as well......

Why Ian Wright? Racist!

I didn't say Ian Wright............ I said Wrighty...... For all you know I could have mean't Richard Wright!

Anyway, we all know that Wrighty is Lita's idol and style guru.

G'La

by G'La » 24 Jul 2007 16:56

.... For his own benefit he should be staying with us for another 4 years. It would be great to see Leroy become the next Ian Wright smashing in the goals in that number 8 shirt for us....

Nope, you didnt did you. :wink:

Greenwich Royal

by Greenwich Royal » 25 Jul 2007 08:00

bbc Reading's Nicky Shorey will snub West Ham and Newcastle to sign a new contract with the Royals. (Daily Mirror)

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 25 Jul 2007 12:05

Looking promising!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/readi ... o_new_deal

Surprised his negotiations are more advanced than Lita's.

LongLaneYank

by LongLaneYank » 25 Jul 2007 13:48

rotherwick_royal Looking promising!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/readi ... o_new_deal

Surprised his negotiations are more advanced than Lita's.
This report is actually disturbing, isn't it? I mean, Hammo?
Hammo? Sounds like a phrase for someone who prefers sex with pork products...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Aug 2007 10:18

7 million offer for both shorey and lita is on the cards

it wouldnt be enough for me to let him go, but what about RFC?

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 01 Aug 2007 10:25

brendywendy 7 million offer for both shorey and lita is on the cards

Do you have a source for this or is it an actual Tarot card "prediction" when you say its "on the cards"?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Aug 2007 10:33

Binfield Royal
brendywendy 7 million offer for both shorey and lita is on the cards

Do you have a source for this or is it an actual Tarot card "prediction" when you say its "on the cards"?

cant be arsed posting it
th eshorey one is widely reported but i found it on tribal football
cant remember where the lita one came from

you dont have to believe them, not sure i do

i was more looking to see how much you think it would take to prise them away

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 01 Aug 2007 10:37

Doyle > Lita. At the moment.

702 posts