RUMOUR - Lita & Shorey on the way out

702 posts
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Aug 2007 12:16

Instead of reading the sensational headlines and rubbish on Sky sports, why not read what coppell has had to say about it?

Shorey is staying put on his deal at the minute, I think as any rational human being would. He's 25 has 2 years to run, a lot can happen in 2 years time.

Lita - Coppell again has said there's no rush, another with 2 years left to run.

It's different to the Sidwell situation where we only had a year and needed it sorting, whose to say we aren't utter shit next season and get relegated, I'm sure the two players would love to be back in the CCC on 5 year deals each.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Aug 2007 12:17

AP - sums it up perfectly and that really should be the end of it. These discussions are for next year as there is really no urgency.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Aug 2007 14:11

MAYBE they are just waiting to see if we manage to stay up 2nd season and then decide to put pen to paper

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 04 Aug 2007 15:57

loyalroyal4life Sidwell has set the benchmark

For what ?

Sidwell in fact did the exact opposite. The likes of Doyle have set the benchmark ....

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 04 Aug 2007 16:27

Alan Partridge Instead of reading the sensational headlines and rubbish on Sky sports, why not read what coppell has had to say about it?

Shorey is staying put on his deal at the minute, I think as any rational human being would. He's 25 has 2 years to run, a lot can happen in 2 years time.

Lita - Coppell again has said there's no rush, another with 2 years left to run.

It's different to the Sidwell situation where we only had a year and needed it sorting, whose to say we aren't utter shit next season and get relegated, I'm sure the two players would love to be back in the CCC on 5 year deals each.

Exactly, and in 12 months time the stadium will hold almost 30,000 and that means we'll be in a better position to offer higher wages than we are prepared to currently.

Also, the following summer when their contracts run out, the ground may hold 38,000 and again we are in a position to offer yet greater wages.

No rush at all. Keep them here, keep them happy and keep progressing!

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 04 Aug 2007 18:55

Afraid not fella...

Coppelled Streets Exactly, and in 12 months time the stadium will hold almost 30,000 and that means we'll be in a better position to offer higher wages than we are prepared to currently.

Two years until the East stand development is ready for use. The build starts next summer (presuming we stay up and it is carried out as planned) and then ready for use in August 2009.

Coppelled Streets Also, the following summer when their contracts run out, the ground may hold 38,000 and again we are in a position to offer yet greater wages.

And the ends would be completed in three seasons time and ready the following year.

Daniella

by Daniella » 04 Aug 2007 18:56

Daniella I have it on very good authority from a reliable source that shorey is on his way. He's said to be disgusted with the lack of ambition and progress over the summer, and has said that he will be looking to join a more established club with a more secure future.

So with shorey on his way, where does that leave the team? Is golbourne ready to step up? He was quite impressive pre-season so i'm not too worried really. What are your thoughts?

Bump. :wink:

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 04 Aug 2007 20:19

ScottishRoyal Afraid not fella...

Coppelled Streets Exactly, and in 12 months time the stadium will hold almost 30,000 and that means we'll be in a better position to offer higher wages than we are prepared to currently.

Two years until the East stand development is ready for use. The build starts next summer (presuming we stay up and it is carried out as planned) and then ready for use in August 2009.

Coppelled Streets Also, the following summer when their contracts run out, the ground may hold 38,000 and again we are in a position to offer yet greater wages.

And the ends would be completed in three seasons time and ready the following year.

Wasn;t the time scale much shorter than that - structural work done in the summer and fitting out up to Xmas then available.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 04 Aug 2007 20:20

Daniella
Daniella I have it on very good authority from a reliable source that shorey is on his way. He's said to be disgusted with the lack of ambition and progress over the summer, and has said that he will be looking to join a more established club with a more secure future.

So with shorey on his way, where does that leave the team? Is golbourne ready to step up? He was quite impressive pre-season so i'm not too worried really. What are your thoughts?

Why bump ? It's no more correct now then when you invented it !

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 04 Aug 2007 23:57

Behindu
ScottishRoyal Afraid not fella...

Wasn;t the time scale much shorter than that - structural work done in the summer and fitting out up to Xmas then available.

Not quite Christmas but February time I think, but I don't know if those new seats will go straight into use? I guess it would make sense. With the ends I think the plan was to construct one at a time and not build them simulataneously, so the first could be ready by Christmas '09.

Daniella

by Daniella » 04 Aug 2007 23:59

Behindu
Daniella

My original post was/is spot on.

Royal Soupanoodle
Location: at the bottom of the Ocean called life, looking for a pearl of wisdom!

by Royal Soupanoodle » 05 Aug 2007 09:15

This may have been mentioned already, but i'm not trawling through nine pages i'm afraid.

I understand they are keeping their options open, but why can't they sign new deals with more money. Get paid thet extra money until such a time a bigger club comes in for them. They could also have a clause inserted into the new contract giving them the option to leave if we are relegated etc.

Is that too simple?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 05 Aug 2007 10:00

Daniella
Behindu
Daniella

My original post was/is spot on.

It's materially wrong in at least one way, and contradicted by sources with credibility in others.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Aug 2007 10:30

Royal Soupanoodle This may have been mentioned already, but i'm not trawling through nine pages i'm afraid.

I understand they are keeping their options open, but why can't they sign new deals with more money. Get paid thet extra money until such a time a bigger club comes in for them. They could also have a clause inserted into the new contract giving them the option to leave if we are relegated etc.

Is that too simple?

here's a thought, maybe the club are saying well done, heres a load more money if you sign on to stay here longer.

What possible advantage do we have by just throwing a load more money at them without extending their stay here? It's not like either of them are going to be on peanuts is it..

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 Aug 2007 11:22

Ian Royal
Royal Soupanoodle This may have been mentioned already, but i'm not trawling through nine pages i'm afraid.

Is that too simple?

here's a thought, maybe the club are saying well done, heres a load more money if you sign on to stay here longer.

What possible advantage do we have by just throwing a load more money at them without extending their stay here? It's not like either of them are going to be on peanuts is it..

That's what they did with K Doyle right?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 Aug 2007 00:04

Apparently west ham will step up their bid this week!! Just what we need to happen right before the season starts!!

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2642432,00.html

Daniella

by Daniella » 06 Aug 2007 00:06

loyalroyal4life Apparently west ham will step up their bid this week!! Just what we need to happen right before the season starts!!

As I said earlier in my post its a definate he's off.

Golbourne has looked decent so far, reckon he could step up IMO.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 06 Aug 2007 03:22

Just had a text from Cilla saying West Ham aren't interested. Apparently Eggie's money isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Golbourne's in a strop and his agent is open to offers.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Aug 2007 08:35

Daniella
loyalroyal4life Apparently west ham will step up their bid this week!! Just what we need to happen right before the season starts!!

As I said earlier in my post its a definate he's off.

Golbourne has looked decent so far, reckon he could step up IMO.

Does your source tell you when he will be off??

eg: is it this August, or in January, or next Summer, or at the end of his contract a la Sidwell?

Anyone can easily post "Player X is off" as ALL players eventually leave a club.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 06 Aug 2007 08:40

Actually, I think Player X will stay here to the end of his career.

702 posts