RUMOUR - Hunt to Sunderland

258 posts
biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 17 Dec 2007 18:04

Gus the teenage cow
Fat Leather Jacket Why do people assume that paddies just want to congregate round each other? Irish connection indeed.

what nationality are you? let me see if i can find a patronising label that acially sterotypes you

what a pcunt

I thought that they had converted to euros? :lol:

North East Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by North East Royal » 17 Dec 2007 22:41

Rumours up this way seem to think they will bid £3.5 million and the lure of big wages will take him to Sunderland.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 17 Dec 2007 23:32

That'll be because Reading are paying Hunt 10p a week at little ole Reading - and that we dont have enough paddies to make him feel comfortable.

Go up North Hunt, nest with your fellow Irish...free as a bird....

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Dec 2007 08:40

North East Royal Rumours up this way seem to think they will bid £3.5 million and the lure of big wages will take him to Sunderland.

I just read that thread on SMB.

Is he the one that did Petr Cech? :lol:

As for £3.5m - I would bite their hand off for that amount of money, escpecially if Matt Taylor is on his way.

Someone also says that he has a source who confirms that a bid has been made, and this is the forum where they named Halford as signing for them hours before we heard a thing.

North East Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by North East Royal » 18 Dec 2007 09:05

Wycombe Royal
North East Royal Rumours up this way seem to think they will bid £3.5 million and the lure of big wages will take him to Sunderland.

Thats were I read it. Another rumour on there today about an alledged video he has made...

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Dec 2007 09:07

I think it quite possible that Sunderland could well make a bid but Hunt is under contract and we do not have to accept such a bid.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Dec 2007 09:11

North East Royal
Wycombe Royal

Thats were I read it. Another rumour on there today about an alledged video he has made...

You are the token RFC poster on SMB - you can be our spokesman after we beat them at the weekend. :wink:

They do seem to be suggesting that Halford is on his way of the Stadium of Light.....

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 18 Dec 2007 09:27

forget the fee - swap deal for dean whitehead please

North East Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by North East Royal » 18 Dec 2007 13:07

Wycombe Royal You are the token RFC poster on SMB - you can be our spokesman after we beat them at the weekend. :wink:

Token indeed, used to post on there quiet a bit but have quitened down recently. Will keep quiet until after the game though.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 19 Dec 2007 11:24

Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt claims he is not about to leave to join Sunderland. (The Independent)

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 21 Dec 2007 09:25

Everton boss David Moyes is planning a £3m move for Reading midfield man Stephen Hunt in the January transfer window. (Daily Mirror)

:shock:

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 21 Dec 2007 10:15

Thats why hunt said he was not going to Sunderland he is going to Everton!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Dec 2007 11:00

There's no way Coppell would sell Hunt in the transfer window.

:oops: Me on January 31st.

fruits

by fruits » 21 Dec 2007 11:56

If Keane is mad enough to pay 3.5 m take it and laugh all the way to the bank. Would be a bigger con than Hughes to Norwich for 500k.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 21 Dec 2007 12:05

fruits If Keane is mad enough to pay 3.5 m take it and laugh all the way to the bank. Would be a bigger con than Hughes to Norwich for 500k.

Yeah, Reading would be much better off with fewer first team players and a little bit of money they don't need... :?

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 21 Dec 2007 12:43

fruits

If Keane is mad enough to pay 3.5 m take it and laugh all the way to the bank. Would be a bigger con than Hughes to Norwich for 500k.

Idiot. Hunt-bashing is so ridiculous it barely warrants comment. Don't think for a second that we would be in the relatively comfortable league position we are had it not been for Stephen Hunt. He has been an integral player for us since promotion, and only a massive tool would ignore that fact. You are stuck in the Championship, it seems, back when he was a bit-part, '110%er'. £3.5m for a player we really need to keep hold of is paltry.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Dec 2007 12:59

JimmytheJim
fruits

Idiot. Hunt-bashing is so ridiculous it barely warrants comment. Don't think for a second that we would be in the relatively comfortable league position we are had it not been for Stephen Hunt. He has been an integral player for us since promotion, and only a massive tool would ignore that fact. You are stuck in the Championship, it seems, back when he was a bit-part, '110%er'. £3.5m for a player we really need to keep hold of is paltry.

I totally agree. Most of the Hunt knockers have probably never even been to a game at the Madstad. Or they have no idea about football. Hunt has been great for us and I would not sell him for £5M let alone £3M. What is the point of selling a player when you have no certainty of being able to get a better replacement for the money.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Dec 2007 13:40

Latest in the Mirror is Hunt to Everton for 3 million

Meanwhile, in the real world, it will be Hunt to no-one for 0 million

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Dec 2007 13:43

Barry the bird boggler Latest in the Mirror is Hunt to Everton for 3 million

Is that the same latest news that was posted on here this morning? :wink:

fruits

by fruits » 21 Dec 2007 14:19

JimmytheJim
fruits

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. "
A quote by Voltaire. It really is not necessary to call me or anyone else on this forum an idiot, if one reduces oneself to insults then the debate is lost.

My comment about Hunt was that with the 3.5 m we could go for a more skillfull player, as we learnt with Hughes 100% effort is n´t enough when we wanted to move onto the next higher stage. Hunt has done well but he does not have enough skill, to push us onwards. We must lift the quality of the squad, at the moment we have a squad that has about 16 or 17 players of the same standard, we now have to look for quality.

258 posts