Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jan 2008 18:52

Ian Royal
Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal
Drew_3 Am I the only one who feels worse by this news, rather than bouyed by it?

I very much doubt it.

The cries of "No ambition!!" that reverberated through the fan base on the day we signed Dave Kitson said everything about "informed" opinion within our ranks.....................

LOL @ harpig on about Kitson's signing.

Why not use Fae, Cisse, Mate or Bennett?

Oh...

:D :wink:

Bennett low risk, low cost for the future
Mate low risk, low cost for the future ruined by horrible injury
Cisse fairly low cost, for the future showing a few signs of promise now.
Fae fair point

Other than Fae, thats a crap example.

So our low cost/for the future/ not good enough players in exactly the same mould as this guy with no experience of British football isn't the best example?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Jan 2008 19:01

James McFadden >>>> Udo Nwonokwo

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Jan 2008 19:02

Ian Royal Bennett low risk, low cost for the future
Mate low risk, low cost for the future
Cisse fairly low cost, for the future

I tell you what, we may be sh*t for the interim but I can't wait for the 2012/13 season :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2008 19:05

I think it is.

Fae clearly isn't in the same category, especially as you were responding about a comment about Kitson being a bargain. Mate was ruined by unforseen cicumstances so is a crap example.

Bennett appears to be a failed one, but it's hard to tell at the moment. Cisse is showing promise. So yes I say it's a crap example.

Anyone can pick a few names out of the hat who are signings that haven't worked, just as anyone can pick some out that have. As it goes I think Udo would be a poor signing, but that doesn't mean I agree with your suggestions of similar failures to this current potential one.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 16 Jan 2008 19:06

floyd__streete

I tell you what, we may be sh*t for the interim but I can't wait for the 2012/13 season :roll:

I can finally answer the 'Where were you when we were sh*t?' question. :D :P

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2008 19:07

floyd__streete

You'll still be interested then will you? I wonder with all your recent defeatist bitching sometimes.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Jan 2008 19:30

Ian Royal
Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal
Drew_3 Am I the only one who feels worse by this news, rather than bouyed by it?

I very much doubt it.

The cries of "No ambition!!" that reverberated through the fan base on the day we signed Dave Kitson said everything about "informed" opinion within our ranks.....................

Oh...

:D :wink:

Bennett low risk, low cost for the future
Mate low risk, low cost for the future ruined by horrible injury
Cisse fairly low cost, for the future showing a few signs of promise now.
Fae fair point

Other than Fae, thats a crap example.

Incase it had escapes your notice, this relegation battle is happening now.

Not sure the Premier League will give us 18 months for our signings to look like doing anything worthwhile

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Jan 2008 19:31

Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal

I very much doubt it.

LOL at those who never tire of setting themselves up to look like utter idiots when a player who costs next to nothing turns out be a star.

What about Fae, Cisse or Bennett?

Anyone who bothered to look into Cisse's past should have known that he could do a job at centre back yet last night came as a huge surprise to so many :roll: Other than Mate, who has left the club, all of those players could still come good.

On the other hand, I could have used Doyle; What made him a better prospect than this guy on the day he signed :?

The fact is, despite the inevitable signings that don't come off, we've got a whole team that cost shirt buttons compared to most of our rivals and those U Tube clips confirm that this guy is well worth a punt.

I'm willing to wager even on what I've seen so far that he'd be a better bet on the right wing than any fit member of the squad apart from Hunt..........................and that alone makes him well worth the pittance we are, apparently, forking out for him.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 16 Jan 2008 19:37, edited 3 times in total.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Jan 2008 19:34

If this chap does sign, can RFC at least put out some assurances that our manager has at least seen him play before?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 16 Jan 2008 19:40

Ian Royal
floyd__streete

You'll still be interested then will you? I wonder with all your recent defeatist bitching sometimes.

I'm guessing the answer's, probably not. I used to rate floyd as one of the more interesting, intelligent and entertaining posters in this forum. I can only assume the real floyd passed his sign-in details on to somebody else.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 16 Jan 2008 19:41

Woodcote Royal On the other hand, I could have used Doyle; What made him a better prospect than this guy on the day he signed :?

I don't think anyone would be complaining had we signed this chap whilst we were a Championship side. By the time we came up, we knew Doyle would get us goals.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Jan 2008 19:45

And so might this guy.

If he was a nailed on Prem star in the making we'd be 3 miles from the front of the queue to sign him.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 16 Jan 2008 19:56

Lets see what he is like before there is a rush to condemn and write him off.
He may prove to be a gem. Its might prove good news and if he does have pace and is strong he could be very useful.
Welcome signing as far as I am concerned.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 Jan 2008 19:58

Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal

I very much doubt it.

LOL at those who never tire of setting themselves up to look like utter idiots when a player who costs next to nothing turns out be a star.

What about Fae, Cisse or Bennett?

Anyone who bothered to look into Cisse's past should have known that he could do a job at centre back yet last night came as a huge surprise to so many :roll: Other than Mate, who has left the club, all of those players could still come good.

On the other hand, I could have used Doyle; What made him a better prospect than this guy on the day he signed :?

The fact is, despite the inevitable signings that don't come off, we've got a whole team that cost shirt buttons compared to most of our rivals and those U Tube clips confirm that this guy is well worth a punt.

I'm willing to wager even on what I've seen so far that he'd be a better bet on the right wing than any fit member of the squad apart from Hunt..........................and that alone makes him well worth the pittance we are, apparently, forking out for him.

Err Pot Kettle Black?

Cookie

by Cookie » 16 Jan 2008 20:12

Times of Malta writes
"Having relocated to Malta at the age of 14 with a view to pursuing a career in football, Nwoko had short playing stints with Gozitan club Xewkija Tigers, Mosta and Marsaxlokk with whom he won the Premier League title last season after joining them on loan from Hibs in January.

Before his switch to Leixoes, who gained promotion to the Portuguese top flight at the end of last season, Nwoko also had trials with Uniao Leiria and Scottish club Falkirk."

What's he going to Malta for? How's that the place to launch a football career?

Any road he was a free agent when Falkirk looked at him how come he was off our radar then?

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 16 Jan 2008 20:16

Cookie Times of Malta writes
"Having relocated to Malta at the age of 14 with a view to pursuing a career in football, Nwoko had short playing stints with Gozitan club Xewkija Tigers, Mosta and Marsaxlokk with whom he won the Premier League title last season after joining them on loan from Hibs in January.

Before his switch to Leixoes, who gained promotion to the Portuguese top flight at the end of last season, Nwoko also had trials with Uniao Leiria and Scottish club Falkirk."

Any road he was a free agent when Falkirk looked at him how come he was off our radar then?

Kitson was rejected by some non league team (histon?)

These things happen somtimes

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 16 Jan 2008 20:23

Ups and Downs
RobRoyal
sotonroyal Looks like he has alot of potential to me. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously hasn't seen the goal about a minute in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkutSfteM4w

The only thing I've learned from this video is

"if you want to be rich...you've got to be a bitch."

Interesting.

Not sure about what language the music acompanying that video is but i'm fairly sure, at about 1min 55, it fades out with "Shite, shite, shite, shite, shite".

Hopefully not indicative of the player.

It's in English :roll:

Random irrelevant fact alert...

The track is called 'White Horse' by Wonderland Avenue, and is a cover of the original Laidback classic. It was signed by the label I used to work for (Kinky Vinyl) and then exclusively licensed to the label I currently work for (Ministry of Sound / Data Records).

That's about it really.

Cookie

by Cookie » 16 Jan 2008 20:41

The whole year inn If this chap does sign, can RFC at least put out some assurances that our manager has at least seen him play before?
and doesn't have to give his english an ad-hoc test on his first day at the training ground.

Cookie

by Cookie » 16 Jan 2008 21:10

Only one Trevor Morley
Cookie Times of Malta writes

Kitson was rejected by some non league team (histon?)

These things happen somtimes

AND, if Leixoes have just been promoted to the top division how come they're ready to sell him on already. Sounds a bit "Halfordish" to me.

I say we should keep clear of him. Cookie smells a rat. :)

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 16 Jan 2008 21:13

Gav
Ups and Downs
RobRoyal
sotonroyal Looks like he has alot of potential to me. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously hasn't seen the goal about a minute in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkutSfteM4w

The only thing I've learned from this video is

"if you want to be rich...you've got to be a bitch."

Interesting.

Not sure about what language the music acompanying that video is but i'm fairly sure, at about 1min 55, it fades out with "Shite, shite, shite, shite, shite".

Hopefully not indicative of the player.

It's in English :roll:

Random irrelevant fact alert...

The track is called 'White Horse' by Wonderland Avenue, and is a cover of the original Laidback classic. It was signed by the label I used to work for (Kinky Vinyl) and then exclusively licensed to the label I currently work for (Ministry of Sound / Data Records).

That's about it really.

Thanks for that. Hope work is going well for you.

293 posts