Hahnemann has to go this year...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hahnemann has to go this year...

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2008 21:16

jimbangg If he was bigger he would save more goals.job done.

Right, I know how to solve our conceeding problems!

Sign him up! He's got to be big enough!

You could have come up with any number of reasonable arguements that Marcus needs to be replaced or phased out in the summer. Even a few for why we sould be concerned about him playing now. But February is not the time to be making new signings and we have no one near as good as him at the club.

jimbangg

by jimbangg » 13 Feb 2008 22:18

its all gone really wrong...

kill the Mahn...

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 14 Feb 2008 09:26

jimbangg its all gone really wrong...

kill the Mahn...

Do you have a twin in Australia?

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 29 Feb 2008 16:02

should stay until the end of the season but after that look fo a better goalkeeper

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 29 Feb 2008 17:20

RTFC Drummer should stay until the end of the season but after that look fo a better goalkeeper

You think getting rid of him right now would be harsh then?

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 07 Mar 2008 09:12

Coppelled Streets
RTFC Drummer should stay until the end of the season but after that look fo a better goalkeeper

You think getting rid of him right now would be harsh then?

He's got to go. His arms are too short! :D

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 07 Mar 2008 16:25

I wouldn't mind us bringing in Ben Foster on loan for next season. Returning from injury now I believe and I doubt would be in contention at United next season, and aren't they rumoured to be looking for VDS's replacement?

Yes please.

bikey_is_god!

by bikey_is_god! » 11 Mar 2008 20:23

everyone's forgotten fed. In all the games he's played he's looked good, and he's great in the pre match traing. We've got others too, that Mikkel Andersen isn't bad on FOotball Manager....!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 Mar 2008 15:58

bikey_is_god! everyone's forgotten fed. In all the games he's played he's looked good, and he's great in the pre match traing. We've got others too, that Mikkel Andersen isn't bad on FOotball Manager....!

LOL

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 08 Apr 2008 11:04

Okay, taking into consideration the date this board was made, i'd have agreed that Hahnemann had to go.

NOW, however, looking at his performances lately, we shouldn't drop him.
Not this season, maybe if he loses the plot next year, bring in Fedders, but in all honesty, he is our best goalie at the moment and to drop him would be horrific.

5 Games until the end of the season, that is all!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Apr 2008 11:33

Considering he's just earned his 12 month contract extension I'm not sure we'll see any changes in our senior goalkeepers for next season.

I've not been convinced by Hahnemann this season but his recent form has been good enough for our mid-table ambitions. I'd like to see a slightly younger, but still experienced, model come in to take over the number one shirt for next season though.

That would allow Federici to be loaned out to get some proper experience of first team football as so far he's looked anything but a consistent and capabale Premiership goalkeeper and we can't afford for him to be learning the hard way in our first team.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 Apr 2008 17:58

I thought he could of done better for the first goal on Sat, he committed himself too early and made it easy for Martins to score, when there were defenders around. The third was similar but I'm not sure he had much choice.

On the whole though I'd keep hold of him.

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 09 Apr 2008 16:56

Coppelled Streets I wouldn't mind us bringing in Ben Foster on loan for next season. Returning from injury now I believe and I doubt would be in contention at United next season, and aren't they rumoured to be looking for VDS's replacement?

Yes please.
Still behind Kusczak and will still be third choice if they buy a VDS replacement. Why not a permanent deal rather than a loan? Foster, Mensah, Bullard. That'd be a nice shopping list.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 09 Apr 2008 18:06

Xavier Onassis
Coppelled Streets I wouldn't mind us bringing in Ben Foster on loan for next season. Returning from injury now I believe and I doubt would be in contention at United next season, and aren't they rumoured to be looking for VDS's replacement?

Yes please.
Still behind Kusczak and will still be third choice if they buy a VDS replacement. Why not a permanent deal rather than a loan? Foster, Mensah, Bullard. That'd be a nice shopping list.

Mensah £5m - We will not spend that much on one player yet. I don't care about rumours or club statements saying we bid such a fee. Believe it when you see it, and you wont, not under Madejski's ownership.

Bullard £4m - Doubt we'd be attractive enough and would knock me for six if we spent that much on one player. Nice thought though.

Foster £3-4m - I'd love him to come here as I would the other two but bigger clubs will come in for him and Newcastle are strongly tipped to be keen with Harper leaving in the summer.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 09 Apr 2008 18:52

Do do do
Jussi Jaskeleinen (sp)

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 10 Apr 2008 09:47

Xavier Onassis

Yes please.

If Foster recovers his form and fitness he'll be ahead of Kusczak next season, if not ahead of VDS as well.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Apr 2008 10:03

Coppelled Streets
Xavier Onassis

Yes please.

Mensah £5m - We will not spend that much on one player yet. I don't care about rumours or club statements saying we bid such a fee. Believe it when you see it, and you wont, not under Madejski's ownership.

Bullard £4m - Doubt we'd be attractive enough and would knock me for six if we spent that much on one player. Nice thought though.

Foster £3-4m - I'd love him to come here as I would the other two but bigger clubs will come in for him and Newcastle are strongly tipped to be keen with Harper leaving in the summer.

we had that much confirmed in the bids for scott brown and mensah last summer didnt we?
certainly confirmed by brown and his club anyway

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Apr 2008 17:28

BUt Brendy, Jay has made his decision and won't let facts change it until we actually spend that much money.

Of course the joke is on him because when we eventually get a player successfully with that sort of bid it'll be undisclosed. :lol:

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 10 Apr 2008 23:57

Foster for £3-4 million? Good luck... Loan would be optimistic.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 11 Apr 2008 09:14

Ian Royal BUt Brendy, Jay has made his decision and won't let facts change it until we actually spend that much money.

Of course the joke is on him because when we eventually get a player successfully with that sort of bid it'll be undisclosed. :lol:

VaLOLid.