Little wants Shorey at Pompy

330 posts
allwite123

Little wants Shorey at Pompy

by allwite123 » 26 Jun 2008 13:22

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 30,00.html

I found this while looking at Sky Sports.com. What do we think??

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Little wants Shorey at Pompy

by Vision » 26 Jun 2008 13:25

I think he wants his mate to keep him company on the bench at Pompey. 7 subs next season so plenty of spaces to fill.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Jun 2008 13:26

I think he sounds a little bit too close to him :shock:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Jun 2008 13:28

Reading have already got the hump with me for leaving so I am not going to try to upset people saying he should go and sign for so and so. But at the end of the day I want what's best for him and he should follow me down here.

i didnt want to upset anyone by doing XYZ
so i did XYZ

always hated that big chinned no toothed wnaker
Last edited by brendywendy on 26 Jun 2008 13:55, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Irascible

by Mr Irascible » 26 Jun 2008 13:29

Sort of sums up the attitude of a lot of players...Little was well looked after by the club and chose to go as soon as he found a better offer and Shorey left last season IMHO!

The sooner we are shot of these guys the better. And yes I would not have said this a year ago but unfortunately circumstances change.

We want players with the right attitude who want to play for Reading and who can take us back up...no time for those who think they now deserve to be premiership...they proved last year they weren't so why they think that they will be better this season is up to them...personally I though Shorey played like a pub player against Fulham.

I hope they have fun round their houses having a good laugh...meanwhile I will support the club!

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 26 Jun 2008 13:36

Mr Irascible Sort of sums up the attitude of a lot of players...Little was well looked after by the club and chose to go as soon as he found a better offer and Shorey left last season IMHO!

Well looked after? Well looked after might've got him fit at some point over the last 18 months!!!

They did what a football club should do with an injured player, they tried to treat him. They did no more or less than you'd expect.

What was the alternative? Leave him to mend on his own? :roll:

As for him encouraging Shorey, I couldn't care less. Shorey doesn't want to be here, if Little can encourage Pompey to join the bidding by bigging him up then thats great as the more demand the higher the price.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 26 Jun 2008 13:38

Thanks Glen.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 26 Jun 2008 13:40

Alan Partridge I think he sounds a little bit too close to him :shock:

"Nicky is my best mate."

:shock:

"He lives just round the corner from me on the outskirts of Reading and we are always going out together."

:shock: :shock:

"We are always round each others' houses..."

:shock: :o

"...and he was my room partner at Reading."

:o :o

"it would be great if I could see more of him - so I want him to come to Portsmouth as well."

:o :o :o

"my best mate down here...love it....hump with me."

:o :o :o :o

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 26 Jun 2008 13:44

Glen, wouldnt it be better for Nicky to stay in Reading?

Familiarty breeds contempt - keep your love alive.

Mr Irascible

by Mr Irascible » 26 Jun 2008 13:45

all very metrosexual!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 26 Jun 2008 14:03

Mr Irascible Sort of sums up the attitude of a lot of players...Little was well looked after by the club and chose to go as soon as he found a better offer and Shorey left last season IMHO!

The sooner we are shot of these guys the better. And yes I would not have said this a year ago but unfortunately circumstances change.

We want players with the right attitude who want to play for Reading and who can take us back up...no time for those who think they now deserve to be premiership...they proved last year they weren't so why they think that they will be better this season is up to them...personally I though Shorey played like a pub player against Fulham.

I hope they have fun round their houses having a good laugh...meanwhile I will support the club!

Err, I would like you to give me an example of a player for Reading thatr has stayed when a better offer has been on the table. I am struggling to think of one, which is why people that believe in this fabled player loyalty are just living in a dream world

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 26 Jun 2008 14:11

Huntley & Palmer

Err, I would like you to give me an example of a player for Reading thatr has stayed when a better offer has been on the table. I am struggling to think of one, which is why people that believe in this fabled player loyalty are just living in a dream world

Yes, whenever I have this kind of discussion with my son, I say: put yourself in a position where you are a professional footballer and, say, Coventry (or Leicester or Norwich or similar size club to us - Fulham or Bolton if you want to stick to Prem level) had signed you and you were merrily jogging along with them when a West Ham or a Pompey or a Villa came along, with more money and the obvious possibility of playing regularly at a higher level. Where would your loyalty lie? Even if your manager had rescued you for sixpence from Leyton Orient or Brentford, can you honestly say you would refuse the chance? Only fans are loyal. Players are following a career path, and we only suit them because they can't do any better. That's a fact, jack, whether we are 8th in the Premier League or mid-table Division Four.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 26 Jun 2008 14:18

he needs a mate to spend all day in the bookies with.

And a fellow male to continue his aubergining fetish

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 26 Jun 2008 14:20

Fair enough, but there's going to a premiership club and sitting on the bench, and there's staying at a recently relegated club and taking it back up there. There's also staying with the people you know, like and trust, and moving to a club where you neither like anyone nor trust them. And finally there's staying at a club where you're loved and respected by thousands, against moving to a club where you're just another face in the subs.

hutch

by hutch » 26 Jun 2008 14:20

I think Shorey should jump at the chance, all the rumours of West Ham, Newcastle, Villa etc coming in for him seem to be just that ........... rumours. he`s been a great player for RFC but has made it obvious he wants to go, so lets cash in now and get our 08/09 squad into some sort of shape.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Jun 2008 14:21

CMRoyal
Huntley & Palmer

Yes, whenever I have this kind of discussion with my son, I say: put yourself in a position where you are a professional footballer and, say, Coventry (or Leicester or Norwich or similar size club to us - Fulham or Bolton if you want to stick to Prem level) had signed you and you were merrily jogging along with them when a West Ham or a Pompey or a Villa came along, with more money and the obvious possibility of playing regularly at a higher level. Where would your loyalty lie? Even if your manager had rescued you for sixpence from Leyton Orient or Brentford, can you honestly say you would refuse the chance? Only fans are loyal. Players are following a career path, and we only suit them because they can't do any better. That's a fact, jack, whether we are 8th in the Premier League or mid-table Division Four.

:cry:

but dad its so not fair

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Jun 2008 14:53

My respect for Little is decreasing by the day.

Used to think he was a top bloke..... :(

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 26 Jun 2008 15:56

To be fair, Shorey doesn't want to stay so i don't want him here anymore. I loved Shorey to bits but just hoping we get a good fee for him. I'm more disappointed Little left.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Jun 2008 15:59

Geekins To be fair, Shorey doesn't want to stay so i don't want him here anymore. I loved Shorey to bits but just hoping we get a good fee for him. I'm more disappointed Little left.
We already needed to replace both, so it doesn't make a lot of difference.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 Jun 2008 16:30

winchester_royal My respect for Little is decreasing by the day.

Used to think he was a top bloke..... :(

Go look at the Blakey tribute thread and see who is slagging him off - seems now i was right to 8)

330 posts