brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

by brendywendy » 31 Jul 2008 11:26

kwik-silva
brendywendy lita goal Vs man city

defence split by harps

cant remember others but ill guarantee there were some

Ok then, he doesn't play enough by anyones standard, if he's going to be a truely great CM he has to make stuff happen, he's got to have that spark, which I don't think he suggests

'greed he goes missing too often, and fails to impose himself on games

but i never said he was a true great
hes average-but for us thats pretty good.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 31 Jul 2008 13:51

Like Bentley and Sidwell he may not be good enough to hold down a first team place at Arsenal but he could do well as an ATTACKING midfielder for Bolton or Middlesborough.
Despite being wrongly used for much of his time at the club he still played a big part in our progression.
Some of you on here are really expecting a lot of Marek this season and unless we get a good reader of the game (unfortunately Bryn is too old)along side him I can see even Championship midfielders controlling games against us.
He will be missed more than people think IMHO much in the same way that supposedly we would not miss Sidwell.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Jul 2008 14:04

BR, I'm sure a lot of us (me included) think of him as an attacking midfielder, but Harper himself considers himself as a defensive midfielder. I have no idea why he thinks that.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 31 Jul 2008 14:29

SpaceCruiser BR, I'm sure a lot of us (me included) think of him as an attacking midfielder, but Harper himself considers himself as a defensive midfielder. I have no idea why he thinks that.

Regrettably Spacey the club have given him a covering role which to an extent worked with Sidwell (who always did some tracking back) but hasn't with either Cisse,Bikey or Marek who all go missing and really do not understand about tracking runners as part of their defensive role.Bryn can do it but just doesn't have the legs.
This is one of the reasons why he wants to leave.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 31 Jul 2008 14:36

kwik-silva
Sarah Star It's been suggested to me, and I don't see any reason to doubt them, that Harper does more off the ball and that this generally goes unnoticed.

Yes... he waves his arms more...

I can't remember seeing him wave his arms around at all tbh, but then I haven't noticed the other stuff either.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Jul 2008 14:51

BR2
SpaceCruiser BR, I'm sure a lot of us (me included) think of him as an attacking midfielder, but Harper himself considers himself as a defensive midfielder. I have no idea why he thinks that.

Regrettably Spacey the club have given him a covering role which to an extent worked with Sidwell (who always did some tracking back) but hasn't with either Cisse,Bikey or Marek who all go missing and really do not understand about tracking runners as part of their defensive role.Bryn can do it but just doesn't have the legs.

Hmmmm, I don't recall him saying "I want to leave." :roll:

Does it never occur to you that the club might have given him the covering role because he wanted it?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 31 Jul 2008 15:02

SpaceCruiser
BR2

Hmmmm, I don't recall him saying "I want to leave." :roll:

Does it never occur to you that the club might have given him the covering role because he wanted it?

I could be really nasty and say you wouldn't hear him anyway but I won't and if I did would ask you to treat the comment as a joke. :D
All I can say is take it from me that both the previous statements are fact and there is no way I can reveal my source so you will either have to believe me or not.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Jul 2008 15:09

BR2 I could be really nasty and say you wouldn't hear him anyway but I won't and if I did would ask you to treat the comment as a joke. :D

Why even bother writing out that line? I've not said anything nasty to you today.

BR2 All I can say is take it from me that both the previous statements are fact and there is no way I can reveal my source so you will either have to believe me or not.

A comment by a mate down the pub does not make your story a fact.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 31 Jul 2008 16:09

SpaceCruiser
BR2 I could be really nasty and say you wouldn't hear him anyway but I won't and if I did would ask you to treat the comment as a joke. :D

Why even bother writing out that line? I've not said anything nasty to you today.

BR2 All I can say is take it from me that both the previous statements are fact and there is no way I can reveal my source so you will either have to believe me or not.

Please Spacey for once in your life believe somebody-it's a bit more reliable than a mate down the pub.
There is no hidden agenda.

JS28ZoD

by JS28ZoD » 31 Jul 2008 16:24

I hate all this 'attacking' midfielder crap. He contributes, equally in my opinion, to attack and defence as any good centre midfielder should.

He scores goals and makes good forward runs beyond the front men, as well as putting excellent pressure on the ball and cover/closing down space.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Jul 2008 17:04

BR2
SpaceCruiser

Please Spacey for once in your life believe somebody-it's a bit more reliable than a mate down the pub.

I need more than just your comments to believe.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 31 Jul 2008 17:56

what has br2 said that is so ground breaking? this thread is to long to go through

thanks

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jul 2008 18:40

BR2
SpaceCruiser

Except Harper has himself gone on record and described himself as a defensive player iirc so I think I'll ignore your probably made up comments.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 31 Jul 2008 18:45

Spacey,
That really is a shame that you can't believe something posted on a message board by a fellow fan who has Reading FC's interests at heart.
For the life of me I cannot understand why you would find it so difficult to believe somebody.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 31 Jul 2008 18:50

Ian and Spacey you are a pair of saddos.
What is the matter with you people?
There may be constant lies coming out of the football club but why on earth would anyone want to lie on here?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jul 2008 19:51

Victor Meldrew Ian and Spacey you are a pair of saddos.
What is the matter with you people?
There may be constant lies coming out of the football club but why on earth would anyone want to lie on here?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Jul 2008 21:59

Victor Meldrew Spacey,
That really is a shame that you can't believe something posted on a message board by a fellow fan who has Reading FC's interests at heart.
For the life of me I cannot understand why you would find it so difficult to believe somebody.

You obviously haven't been on here long enough, BR2 has a puffed up sense of self-importance.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 01 Aug 2008 06:44

SpaceCruiser
Victor Meldrew Spacey,

You obviously haven't been on here long enough, BR2 has a puffed up sense of self-importance.

Takes one to know one, I guess... :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Aug 2008 08:46

SpaceCruiser
Victor Meldrew Spacey,

Spacey, you do realise they're the same person don't you?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Aug 2008 09:21

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at Spacey.

944 posts