Coppell to Leave very soon?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Coppell to Leave very soon?

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 Sep 2008 14:57

IF SC goes the job will be passed to Kevin Dillon, assuming he wants it. HTH.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Sep 2008 14:58

Denver Royal
brendywendy
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Coppell's by far the best paid manager in the Championship. The parking lot crew saw to that....

:roll:

we had a little vote, decided his wage, and sent this to madejski, with a post it note attached saying "sort this out now jon"

how will the coppell haters react if he does take us up this season, i dread to think
but at least the "oooo blame the car park crew" silliness will end

If we go up, will the car park crew maybe claim some credit for it? Go on brendy, be honest.

Ah, but if things don't pan out, they don't won't want any criticism for it, right?

In other words, they want it both ways. Do you think that is 'silliness'?

i certainly wont claim a jot of credit, feck all to do with me, totally SC and JMs decision
i just wanted to see what RL looked like
and let SC know he hadnt let me down, as he thought he had.

what i dont get about the criticisms of "the car park crew" is that the moaners all sat on their hands and did nowt, when if they felt so strongly, they could always have written to the club demanding that SC was sacked,tarred and feathered, but they didnt, they sat back and did feck all.
then have a go at people who had the courage of their convictions, got off their arse and did something they believed in. if you who did nowt want to sneer at that, its fine but it just strikes me as a bit sad.

criticise me or any of the others if you like, i myself said it was one of the gayest things ive ever done, but i did it anyway, because i felt strongly about it.
and criticism from negative nobbers for that is something i can cope with.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Sep 2008 15:12

One other thing brendy...your assertion about 'Coppell haters'.

Its not like anyone who wasn't at the car park is a Coppell hater. Heck, even people who wanted him gone and maybe wanted a new manager, it doesn't mean they hate the guy, or they think he's crap, or they aren't grateful for what he's done.

If Mr Mad decides not to renew Coppells contract this season, will that make Mr Mad a Coppell hater? Of course not. He may just want to take the club in a different direction.

Everything is always in extremes in here. Its like when people say we needed to make a couple of sensible buys last season...then that gets changed to "You wanted Mr Mad to bankrupt the club and spend bazillions'.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 04 Sep 2008 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Sep 2008 15:16

Denver Royal One other thing brendy...your assertion about 'Coppell haters'.

Its not like anyone who wasn't at the car park is a Coppell hater. Heck, even people who wanted him gone and maybe wanted a new manager, it doesn't mean they hate the guy, or they think he's crap, or they aren't grateful for what he's done. .

Everything is always in extremes in here. Its like when people say we needed to make a couple of sensible buys last season...then that gets changed to "You wanted Mr Mad to bankrupt the club and spend bazillions'.

i mainly just meant royalee! :wink:

agree at how easy it is to get involved in the polarised nature of discussions on here

i will endeavor to use less terms like coppell haters, or negative nobbers in future
it does get on my nerves when it happens the other way round.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 04 Sep 2008 15:19

Barry the bird boggler IF SC goes the job will be passed to Kevin Dillon, assuming he wants it. HTH.

I'm not so sure. He didn't exactly do a great job as caretaker manager when Pardew left.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Sep 2008 15:41

brendywendy what i dont get about the criticisms of "the car park crew" is that the moaners all sat on their hands and did nowt, when if they felt so strongly, they could always have written to the club demanding that SC was sacked,tarred and feathered, but they didnt, they sat back and did feck all.
then have a go at people who had the courage of their convictions, got off their arse and did something they believed in. if you who did nowt want to sneer at that, its fine but it just strikes me as a bit sad.

Personally I thought he should've gone but mainly because he didn't seem to have the heart for the fight.

I wouldn't go and scream for him to be sacked though because I didn't know for sure how his heart and mind where. For that same reason I thought the car park demo was a bit foolish, as it was, despite your own personal reasons for going down there, an attempt to make Coppell stay.

If he needed that reassurance to stay then I don't think he should've stayed. If he didn't need that reassurance then it was a pretty pointless exercise anyway. Because of that I think it'll always be a cringeworthy event in my eyes.

What will I do, as a so called Coppell hater (which I'm not, I just hold him responsible for our relegation and think he should've walked because of it), if he leads us back to the Premiership? I'll be shocked but very very pleased as it should mean I've had an enjoyable season watching my team win a competitive league.

What will make me even happier is if I see the club are united and constantly striving to improve and move forward.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Sep 2008 15:45

twas cringeworthy, i agree
but im also proud i was there

i just get sick of people whingeing about it still, that is all.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Sep 2008 15:57

I have a feeling you might have to get used to it!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Sep 2008 16:02

Hoop Blah I have a feeling you might have to get used to it!

only till a, we go up
or b he leaves

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 04 Sep 2008 16:40

My objection to those who persuaded or helped to persuade SC to stay is that he has not committed to stay beyond the end of the season. Therefore although I am an SC fan I thought and still think that going at the start of the season was better than him carrying on for one season and then going. We all know what happened to other managers who gave long notice of their intended departure (eg Keegan at Man City & Ferguson when he said he planned to retire) Results went down the pan as the closer it got to the end date the less influence those managers had. Unless we are fortunate and get promoted this year which I regard as unlikely a new man coming in next summer will have to start rebuilding (and spending some money). If that happens then we will have effectively wasted a year. My ideal scenario would have ben for SC to commit long term to the club but this has not happened and the fact that there has been no mention of extending his contract from JM and /or NH speaks for itself.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 04 Sep 2008 16:51

North Somerset Royal My objection to those who persuaded or helped to persuade SC to stay is that he has not committed to stay beyond the end of the season. Therefore although I am an SC fan I thought and still think that going at the start of the season was better than him carrying on for one season and then going. We all know what happened to other managers who gave long notice of their intended departure (eg Keegan at Man City & Ferguson when he said he planned to retire) Results went down the pan as the closer it got to the end date the less influence those managers had. Unless we are fortunate and get promoted this year which I regard as unlikely a new man coming in next summer will have to start rebuilding (and spending some money). If that happens then we will have effectively wasted a year. My ideal scenario would have ben for SC to commit long term to the club but this has not happened and the fact that there has been no mention of extending his contract from JM and /or NH speaks for itself.

I might be wrong, but hasn't Coppell always signed contracts one year at a time? Perhaps with the exception of the one when we got promoted.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 04 Sep 2008 16:52

North Somerset Royal My objection to those who persuaded or helped to persuade SC to stay is that he has not committed to stay beyond the end of the season. Therefore although I am an SC fan I thought and still think that going at the start of the season was better than him carrying on for one season and then going. We all know what happened to other managers who gave long notice of their intended departure (eg Keegan at Man City & Ferguson when he said he planned to retire) Results went down the pan as the closer it got to the end date the less influence those managers had. Unless we are fortunate and get promoted this year which I regard as unlikely a new man coming in next summer will have to start rebuilding (and spending some money). If that happens then we will have effectively wasted a year. My ideal scenario would have ben for SC to commit long term to the club but this has not happened and the fact that there has been no mention of extending his contract from JM and /or NH speaks for itself.

I think if we start doing very well he may commit for a longer period. I mean Ferguson has hardly done badly after that initial uncertainty went away has he?

After a period where I was losing faith with Stevie C, recent events have restored it. I would welcome him to stay for a longer period...

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 04 Sep 2008 17:31

Bill Oddie's Beard

I might be wrong, but hasn't Coppell always signed contracts one year at a time? Perhaps with the exception of the one when we got promoted.

No you are right. However last time he was persudaded to sign for 2 years and at the time NH said thatit gave them more flexibility to get a new deal in place before the old one ran out. Put it this way. I am surprised that when he agreed to stay nothing was said by JM or NH about extending his contract.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 04 Sep 2008 19:08

Keegan anyone? :lol:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 04 Sep 2008 20:10

brendywendy i will endeavor to use less terms like coppell haters, or negative nobbers in future.

Just wait until Dirk sees that.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 04 Sep 2008 20:23

rg6royal Keegan anyone? :lol:

I would love it if we got him, love it............

Lay-bys could be a problem.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Sep 2008 10:01

Platypuss
brendywendy i will endeavor to use less terms like coppell haters, or negative nobbers in future.

If people haven't latched onto the basic rules of grammar by now I suspect they may be beyond my help.....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Sep 2008 10:21

Dirk Gently
Platypuss

If people haven't latched onto the basic rules of grammar by now I suspect they may be beyond my help.....

fewer :oops:

if my english teachers couldnt beat it into me you lot have no chance
im a linguistic anarchist

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 05 Sep 2008 13:13

Maybe change would be a good thing for one and all. A new manager, new style, some hairdryer treatment for those that take advantage of Stevie's calm demour. But someone that will look at the youngsters and not just out them in place of new signings.
We shall see. Coppell has been brilliant for us but maybe he needs a change as much as Reading FC does.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 05 Sep 2008 13:28

Platypuss

He,like me, might point out that it is 'fewer terms ..' not 'less terms..'