Rumour - SHunt off

688 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - SHunt off

by Mr Angry » 23 Jan 2009 11:42

Read Dillon's words carefully in the above quote.........

.....that doesn't sound to me as if a bid HAS been made.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 Jan 2009 11:46

Wycombe Royal Sky Sports say Wigan have agreed a £5m fee. Not much to agree really was there.

It's up to Hunt now.

Done and dusted in no time then. I just hope we see the £5m up front, unlike with Kitson where we now wont see a good £2m of that money (it is after all, highly unlikely Stoke will stay up).

I think those hoping a replacement is due to come in are being a little hopeful. Tabb is the replacement.

Don't get too excited.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 23 Jan 2009 11:49

The clause is only applicable for cash up front - that was one of the reasons the proposed deal to Everton in the summer fell through as they wanted staged payments / conditions.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 23 Jan 2009 11:50

Sun Tzu The clause is only applicable for cash up front - that was one of the reasons the proposed deal to Everton in the summer fell through as they wanted staged payments / conditions.

True that true that

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 23 Jan 2009 12:17

i think tabb is hunt's replacement. SSC will say he will push to further supplement the squad before the deadline but it wont happen

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 23 Jan 2009 12:18

Dennis the Butler 5 mill for Shunt ... 3.5 mill for Surman and Llallana (spelling ?) ... 1.5 mill for that Jamal guy ... then all we need to concentrate on is getting in a decent CB who is the right side of 30 ! ...

You presume we'd get £5m in one chunk. We won't. Not a chance.

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 23 Jan 2009 12:23

Agent Balti
Dennis the Butler 5 mill for Shunt ... 3.5 mill for Surman and Llallana (spelling ?) ... 1.5 mill for that Jamal guy ... then all we need to concentrate on is getting in a decent CB who is the right side of 30 ! ...

Try looking a whole 3 posts above yours.

Anyways to all the people who want Hunt to leave, I wouldn't get too excited as that article on the sky sports website is listed only as speculation/rumour.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 23 Jan 2009 12:40

readingfc13
Agent Balti

Anyways to all the people who want Hunt to leave, I wouldn't get too excited as that article on the sky sports website is listed only as speculation/rumour.

But the player wants to go...we know that much. If they offer £5m and if that figure is in his contract, then it's as good as done. He'll be off.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 23 Jan 2009 12:50

readingfc13
Agent Balti

Its not a rumour its fact, it will be announced later. We'll bring in a replacement too

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 23 Jan 2009 12:54

apparently Hunt is waiting to see if Spurs or everton come in before making a decision on his future.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Jan 2009 13:03

gazzer, loyal royal apparently Hunt is waiting to see if Spurs or everton come in before making a decision on his future.

The Spurs who just signed Palacios? Good one.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 23 Jan 2009 13:12

gazzer, loyal royal apparently Hunt is waiting to see if Spurs or everton come in before making a decision on his future.

if he's waiting. then one word .................................................................................Tumbleweed

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 23 Jan 2009 13:20

Barry the bird boggler From the Irish Examiner

Latics make £5m Hunt bid

By Darren Norris
WIGAN have made a £5 million (€5.3m) bid for Reading star Stephen Hunt.

Latics boss Steve Bruce has earmarked the Republic of Ireland winger as one of his top targets in the transfer window and has money to spend after selling Wilson Palacios to Tottenham this week.

Reading snapped up Tabb from Coventry City for £300,000 (€320,000) yesterday and manager Steve Coppell is hoping to add at least one more player to his squad.

Which means this was written onTuesday or Wednesday, and as such adds nothing to the debate.

1871royals

by 1871royals » 23 Jan 2009 13:20

Row Z Royal The Spurs who just signed Palacios? Good one.

What does Spurs signing Palacios have to do with Hunt. They play in completely different positions.

Spurs were trying to get Downing in so they are looking for a left winger and been unsuccessful so far

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Jan 2009 13:27

1871royals

What does Spurs signing Palacios have to do with Hunt. They play in completely different positions.

Spurs were trying to get Downing in so they are looking for a left winger and been unsuccessful so far

Thought he'd been playing wide left for them.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 23 Jan 2009 14:08

Row Z Royal
1871royals

Thought he'd been playing wide left for them.

No he is a centre of the park player!! if hunt is waiting on 'better offers' there is obviously some element of doubt in his mind about going to wigan!!

I honestly dont care if he goes or stays but i think he should think hard about making a move up there instead of a promotion challenge with us, and then assessing again in summer!!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Jan 2009 14:20

1. Even if Wigan have offered 5 million i reckon there is a reasonable chance that Hunty will say no
2. The EP stated yesterday, and the day before, that if Hunt does go SC will move for Jamal Campbell-Ryce
3. Watch this space!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Jan 2009 14:30

From the EP

Stephen Hunt faces a tough decision over his future
By David Wright
23/ 1/2009

Stephen Hunt is this weekend thinking over a move to Wigan after the Latics had tabled a bid of £5million.

But Everton and Tottenham are also believed to be interested in the Reading winger, who is desperate to play in the Premier League.

There is a clause in Hunt’s contract that he is able to speak to any Premier League club prepared to pay a transfer fee of £5m or more.

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has money available after selling Wilson Palacios to Tottenham for £12m earlier this week.

It is understood that Hunt would prefer to go to Everton, and he faces a tough decision over his future.

He knows he could be back playing among the elite next season as Royals are currently well on course for promotion from the Championship.

The Republic of Ireland star has been joined at Madejski Stadium this season by his brother Noel. And, along with Kevin Doyle and Shane Long, there is a close-knit gathering of the Irish, making for a tremendous team spirit at the club.

Manager Steve Coppell would be reluctant to let Hunt go, but he has already lined up a possible replacement.

As the Evening Post revealed earlier this week, the Royals boss has earmarked Barnsley’s Jamal Campbell-Ryce as his top target and Coppell could well tempt him away from Oakwell if Hunt leaves.

Fezza

by Fezza » 23 Jan 2009 14:39

Reckon he's already decided to go and we're just holding off the announcement until J C-R is nailed on!

However, would be more than delighted if he were to stay!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2009 14:45

Good-Bye Stephen, Stephen Good-Bye.

:D

688 posts