688 posts
Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - SHunt off

by Arch » 28 Jan 2009 04:36

Uke
Arch
chilipepper91 Source at the game says he's got an offer from Wigan but wants Tottenham or Everton.

:lol:

It says the same in thelondonpaper tonight, so it must be true

What's funny is I'm sure it is true.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 28 Jan 2009 09:41

crossie I have a source that says LA Galaxy want to swoop for him in a swap deal for Beckham in the summer. I swear on my life. It's well serious.

You forgoot to add an 'innit' within your statement for true authenticity!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Jan 2009 10:03

Funny that SC says there has been no contact from Wigan whatsoever and I believe Wigan are also confused as to where this story came from. Put it down to agent spiel and a deaf hack.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 28 Jan 2009 20:57

The Agents must be feeling the pain of the recession, by trying to hype up an imaginary offer to provoke more offer's. It's not as if they have any self interest in it at all...... :roll:

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 28 Jan 2009 21:15

Barry the bird boggler Funny that SC says there has been no contact from Wigan whatsoever and I believe Wigan are also confused as to where this story came from. Put it down to agent spiel and a deaf hack.

Actually I read it that there has been no "official offer" from anyone - not that there has been no contact. Very different.
My take on it is that Wigan want Hunt, know that we are insisting on £5M in hard cash, and they don't want to, or can't, stump up the readies in one go.
In these credit crunch days hard cash up front for a transfer only comes from Man City, and is only asked for by RFC or Zenit St P. :lol:

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 28 Jan 2009 21:32

TheLawnMowerMan
Barry the bird boggler Funny that SC says there has been no contact from Wigan whatsoever and I believe Wigan are also confused as to where this story came from. Put it down to agent spiel and a deaf hack.

Actually I read it that there has been no "official offer" from anyone - not that there has been no contact. Very different.
My take on it is that Wigan want Hunt, know that we are insisting on £5M in hard cash, and they don't want to, or can't, stump up the readies in one go.
In these credit crunch days hard cash up front for a transfer only comes from Man City, and is only asked for by RFC or Zenit St P. :lol:
I think you are right about wanting the money up front, after the Kitson sale we probably realise that its better to get the money up front than link it to appearances or the buying clubs ability to stay in the premiership.

I have to say though that I'm not impressed by Hunts statement "'I know they have been contacted by clubs. Maybe some people need to go to church on a Sunday for confession. 'A lot of things have been said and a lot of things have been denied. It's quite embarrassing really but you have to get on with it.'I know exactly what's happening and it amuses me when I see the comments that come out. But I suppose they've got a job to do, though it really is shocking. The noise is frightening but at the end of the day what can you do?' Steve Coppell is as honest as they come and if he has said there has been no official bid then I believe him more than Hunt. Hunt needs to be very careful, otherwise he will find himself still here and cheesing people off at the club. He signed a contract and had a clause put into that contract, the club have said they will honour it so its upto someone to put in an official bid and not go to Hunts agent promising things they are not delivering on.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 28 Jan 2009 21:36

I think the sooner he goes the better with that attitude.

But no one seems to want to pay £5m :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said last week Hunt had kicked up a fuss about the fee required. He wants the club to reduce the transfer fee.
Maybe the club have in fact had bids, but none match the £5m release clause and he's getting rattled!

The only player that thinks Hunt is worth £5m...IS STEPHEN HUNT :lol: :lol: :lol:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Jan 2009 22:31

I think the problem is that when Hunty signed his new contract he thought it said "release fee £5" - which he felt was a realistic valuation. Unfortunately Nicky Hammond added 6 noughts to the contract after he signed it! :lol:

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 29 Jan 2009 08:45

Bath Hoops
TheLawnMowerMan

I think you are right about wanting the money up front, after the Kitson sale we probably realise that its better to get the money up front than link it to appearances or the buying clubs ability to stay in the premiership.

I have to say though that I'm not impressed by Hunts statement "'I know they have been contacted by clubs. Maybe some people need to go to church on a Sunday for confession. 'A lot of things have been said and a lot of things have been denied. It's quite embarrassing really but you have to get on with it.'I know exactly what's happening and it amuses me when I see the comments that come out. But I suppose they've got a job to do, though it really is shocking. The noise is frightening but at the end of the day what can you do?' Steve Coppell is as honest as they come and if he has said there has been no official bid then I believe him more than Hunt. Hunt needs to be very careful, otherwise he will find himself still here and cheesing people off at the club. He signed a contract and had a clause put into that contract, the club have said they will honour it so its upto someone to put in an official bid and not go to Hunts agent promising things they are not delivering on.

we now have the majority of the money from the Kitson deal, the only installment left is the payment if Stoke stay up

Sonko's deal on the other hand, still has a lot of payments to go, based on appearances, penalties given away and balls booted over the stand

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Jan 2009 09:50

end of the day, its all s.hunts fault he obviously had to agree a £5mill buy out clause which he must of thought any club would pay for him and that he would prove that value!!

Obviously he must be kicking himself now!!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 29 Jan 2009 10:14

we now have the majority of the money from the Kitson deal, the only installment left is the payment if Stoke stay up
-----

Do you know on what basis the extras have been paid ?

Seems very short timescales for any payments to have kicked in - he's only been there 6 months and has hardly been a regular (or even managed a goal !)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 29 Jan 2009 10:21

Sun Tzu we now have the majority of the money from the Kitson deal, the only installment left is the payment if Stoke stay up
-----

Seems very short timescales for any payments to have kicked in - he's only been there 6 months and has hardly been a regular (or even managed a goal !)

For every injury we got £500k

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 29 Jan 2009 12:12

I thought the prem money was dished out in stages?? so we took a down payment, then two further payments as the prem money came in to Stoke, makes sense.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 29 Jan 2009 12:20

Deathy Huge LOLz go to Mr S.Hunt.

Apparently not a very happy man because he now feels the agreed release clause of £5m is too high and the club should respect his wish to further his career and lower what they want for him.

I assume him and his dipstick agent were more than happy to agree this at the time of signing his latest contract!

Of course this is unofficial and will get pulled to pieces, but you can knock yourselves out.

So LOLzies it is.

Today Hunt comes out and says there is no rift...

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 29 Jan 2009 12:24

Sun Tzu we now have the majority of the money from the Kitson deal, the only installment left is the payment if Stoke stay up
-----

But isn't the remaining about in the region of £1.75m?

We still did well out of that though. Kits did great for us, bit injury prone and his attitude was often questionable. Always gave his all though!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Jan 2009 13:36

winchester_royal Sky Sports are normally more reliable than the donkeys who work in the tabloids.

That'll be the same Sky Sports that related the story of a Reading player being spotted outside Upton Park at the end of one particular window. :shock:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Jan 2009 13:38

andrew1957 I think the problem is that when Hunty signed his new contract he thought it said "release fee £5" - which he felt was a realistic valuation. Unfortunately Nicky Hammond added 6 noughts to the contract after he signed it! :lol:

Just a carefully placed 'm'

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 30 Jan 2009 00:21

So... Harding in (SLL) and Tabb can also play left... I think the sale of Hunt is close. Thankfully.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 30 Jan 2009 10:29

Deathy So... Harding in (SLL) and Tabb can also play left... I think the sale of Hunt is close. Thankfully.

My only grouse would be that we keep on buying players for the Championship rather than for the Premiership.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Jan 2009 10:32

BR2
Deathy So... Harding in (SLL) and Tabb can also play left... I think the sale of Hunt is close. Thankfully.

My only grouse would be that we keep on buying players for the Championship rather than for the Premiership.

Isn't that sensible though ?
Seeing as we're in the Championship ?

We've got a core of players quite able to play in the Premiership and as and when the need arises we can add to them.

688 posts