Rumour - DAN HARDING

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: DAN HARDING

by winchester_royal » 11 Nov 2008 16:09

Fickle HNA? fans writing off possible Coppell signing shocker.

Where's that thread about Kebe gone.......

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 11 Nov 2008 16:10

chandog i cant see coppell staying for next season regardless of whether we get promoted or not

Disagree, If we get promoted he will find it hard to turn down another crack at the Prem. For what its worth, I think we are better prepared for life in the Prem now. When we went up before only Oster had Prem experience. Now, the only regular player without Prem experience (leaving aside the youngsters) is Noel Hunt. That has to make a difference. As does the departure of the dissidents - Kits, Shorey and Sonks.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - DAN HARDING

by Sun Tzu » 11 Nov 2008 20:09

If it was phrased 'I can see Coppell calling it a day' then that would be fair enough.

To not be able to see him staying suggests you have your eyes shut fairly tight.

I've said before I really doubt he has given it much thought and whether he stays or goes will depend on many factors, with it being evens in my mind as to which way he decides.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 11 Nov 2008 23:30

Sun Tzu If it was phrased 'I can see Coppell calling it a day' then that would be fair enough.

To not be able to see him staying suggests you have your eyes shut fairly tight.

I've said before I really doubt he has given it much thought and whether he stays or goes will depend on many factors, with it being evens in my mind as to which way he decides.

Behindu come out come out wherever you are...oh and Roger The Rabbit as well.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Nov 2008 14:26

M Brook
chandog i cant see coppell staying for next season regardless of whether we get promoted or not

When we went up before only Oster had Prem experience.

And Little and Makin (or, if you refuse to count Makin, De la Cruz).

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Nov 2008 18:39

Coppell is God when it comes to signings - show me one manager who comes even close to his success to flops ratio! Of course there are some players who come in and don't make a mark - that's often due to a variety of factors, sometimes bad luck, sometimes bad judgement. Say we sign Harding and Armstrong doesn't get any injuries all season and so Harding never gets a sniff - he'll be seen as a flop. OK, on the other hand, Armstrong's dodgy knee may go again in early Feb - Golbourne plays one game, gives away two soft goals, Harding comes in and becomes a legend ....

See also Kebe - if Little hadn't left this summer (and stayed injury free - a big if I admit), he'd still be slated as the new coming of the BAS.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 29 Jan 2009 14:02

Signed on loan till the end of the season for us.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 29 Jan 2009 14:06

Will provide good cover for Armstong if he gets injured or suspended, good deal really. The oS says he can play anywhere down the left so I just hope it won't tempt Coppell into not replacing Hunt if he goes!

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 30 Jan 2009 17:08

Bill Oddie's Beard Will provide good cover for Armstong if he gets injured or suspended, good deal really. The oS says he can play anywhere down the left so I just hope it won't tempt Coppell into not replacing Hunt if he goes!

Don't think we will get to see him play, well only in the reserves on a cold Monday night!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 May 2009 21:08

And as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, he is out of contract this summer. Jusging by his performances since coming into the team, I would be more than happy for us to sign him permanently. IMHO, I think that he is better than Stretch.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 11 May 2009 09:56

Yes please.

Ian Royal believes there is plenty of money in the pot for the right players... I don't agree. Money is tighter than ever and this would be a terrific signing based on recent performances. Good cover for Stretch and can play left wing. Free transfer - sign him up!

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 11 May 2009 13:00

Available on a free? Yes please.

He's done well without being spectacular. Not as good as Stretch IMHO but a solid and able deputy

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 May 2009 16:57

Would sum up our transfer policy, with out it being a critisim. We do wonders with cheap / unproved talent, and i think he'd be another to add to that list. Quality player, reminds me of when Shorey first signed.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 11 May 2009 17:04

they guy was Ipswich player of the season in 2007 and to get him on a free would be amazing,

at the moment our first choice left back even with Stretch fit and avaialble

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 May 2009 17:49

skipper Would sum up our transfer policy, with out it being a critisim. We do wonders with cheap / unproved talent, and i think he'd be another to add to that list. Quality player, reminds me of when Shorey first signed.

Can't think of a single similarity between the Shorey signing and this one, apart from they both play left back.

I think he'd be a decent signing to be fair, but it really does depend on what's going to happen over the summer.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 May 2009 17:59

I really don't get all these people raving about him and saying after 4 or 5 games he's better than Armstrong, the player of the season!

Still don't think he was very good against Norwich or Birmingham and I wasn't massively impressed against Burnley either tbh.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 11 May 2009 19:32

gazzer, loyal royal at the moment our first choice left back even with Stretch fit and avaialble

He's a competitive back up for a top Championship, but Armstrong is still No.1.

Well, No.3.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 May 2009 08:36

Ian Royal I really don't get all these people raving about him and saying after 4 or 5 games he's better than Armstrong, the player of the season!

Still don't think he was very good against Norwich or Birmingham and I wasn't massively impressed against Burnley either tbh.

Not better than Stretch, no. Was terrific last night though! Even a grumpy little git like you must have appreciated that.

Well worth a free trasnfer!

JYOUNG1300

by JYOUNG1300 » 13 May 2009 19:21

well worth left side def-mid back up

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 13 May 2009 20:12

Hoop Blah
skipper Would sum up our transfer policy, with out it being a critisim. We do wonders with cheap / unproved talent, and i think he'd be another to add to that list. Quality player, reminds me of when Shorey first signed.

Can't think of a single similarity between the Shorey signing and this one, apart from they both play left back.

I think he'd be a decent signing to be fair, but it really does depend on what's going to happen over the summer.

Cheap
Both were playing well for relevent team (harding pos in 07', shorey doing well at orient in 15 games)
Got something to prove
Both good going forward, Harding is as good as Shorey when he first signed.
Both professional - from what we / I can tell. maybe it would change if we actually signed him - can't see why Ipswich would let him go.
Young (ish - he's 25)
Has fitted in well quickley.
Similar build, Harding being 3 inchs taller.

Na mate they are NOTHING alike, your right.