Brendan Rogers Please

228 posts
Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Short List of Four

by Super_horns » 01 Jun 2009 17:11

Deathy Bored with manager chitta chatta. Just f**king appoint someone!

If its our man agreed..we want to get our new man in.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Jun 2009 17:41

So many it could be.

Rodgers seems a defo, the other 3 could be anyone.

Plus why would we tell Posh exactly what we had?

If Tisdale turns up with a fracking cravat on though, I do hope JM/NH slam the door in his face.

:wink:

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brendan Rodgers - It's Ollyfficial

by The Rouge » 01 Jun 2009 18:03

I think this will turn out to be true but Reading approached Peterborough to interview Ferguson, so whilst I think this will happen at this stage I think it just means:

Rodgers is definitely on the shortlist of four and down to the final interview
Going into this set of 4 interviews Hammond has a preference for Rodgers

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jun 2009 18:04

Sounds like we're getting close.. announcement this week or early next week?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jun 2009 18:08

There's no way we'd have gone behind Watford's back if they'd denied us the right to speak to Rodgers. It just isn't the way we operate. I doubt we'd be interested if he tried it the other way.

It just shows he'd be willing to do it us as well.

I still don't think it's going to be him, but I'm now much less certain and I'd be happy if it was.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 01 Jun 2009 18:27

Don't forget that there will likely be alot of haggling about a fee for compensation before an approach is actually allowed.

Dexter®

by Dexter® » 01 Jun 2009 20:59

I still stand by my post and thread regarding the current Heart of Midlothian gaffer. An approach was made.

Money is non-existent at Hearts and anyone who can walk, is.

Only today did we lose yet another "star", our fulcrum and play maker in midfield (and leading scorer,) Bruno Aguiar.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I fear that he is most definitely one on the short-list.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 01 Jun 2009 21:57

Ian Royal Sounds like we're getting close.. announcement this week or early next week?

That would be 2 weeks like Hammond said last week, yes.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 01 Jun 2009 22:15

Royal_Belly
West Stand Man Just hang on a minute before we all go jumping to conclusions.

Are you saying that the club has asked Watford's permission to talk to him (which they would have to do to include him in the interview process anyway) or that they have now made the approach to offer him the job having interviewed him and decided he is the top man for the post. The 2 are not mutually inclusive.

If the request to watford was to allow us to interview him then that says nothing more than we all assumed - he is in the running.

Reading have approached Watford... and if BR is offered the job he will accept!

So that confirms it then. You are telling us nothing that we don't already know. He has been cleared to attend an interview along with 3 other people. In those circumstances it is fair to say that whoever is offered the job is likely to accept it.

Your "scoop" is no more than a statement of the painfully obvious.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 01 Jun 2009 22:25

There's a big difference with Rodgers and any other candidate in that he has so many personal links to the club any 'conversations' and sounding out can happen without us really needing to 'tap him up'.

I would have no doubt that RFC and Rodgers both know the respective positions very clearly.

That doesn't mean we'd encourage him to walk out on Watford, but it would make a huge difference to our bargaining position

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 02 Jun 2009 11:53

West Stand Man So that confirms it then. You are telling us nothing that we don't already know. He has been cleared to attend an interview along with 3 other people. In those circumstances it is fair to say that whoever is offered the job is likely to accept it.

Your "scoop" is no more than a statement of the painfully obvious.

Not necessarily - the interviewees will have to hear what the chairman has got to say for himself and on that basis may not want to go to a club where there is not going to be much money to spend!

Anyway I didn't call it a "scoop" I just said that I had some inside info that BR does want the Reading job - something that no one was really sure about after his statement he released a couple of weeks ago and Reading have approached Watford - which I believe has not been made public?!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jun 2009 12:39

For the record I'd stab at the 4 being Rodgers, Curbishley, Tisdale, Irvine

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Jun 2009 13:26

Ian Royal For the record I'd stab at the 4 being Rodgers, Curbishley, Tisdale, Irvine

Knife crime is not big and it's not clever! :o

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Jun 2009 13:52

The four are/were

Ferguson
Rodgers
Irvine
Tisdale

Club are pursuing these four options this week. Next week we shall probably appoint Eamonn Dolan.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 02 Jun 2009 14:45

Barry the bird boggler The four are/were

Ferguson
Rodgers
Irvine
Tisdale

Club are pursuing these four options this week. Next week we shall probably appoint Eamonn Dolan.

Next week - Sir Mad will say that DOF has shown his credentials in the interview process, that hes going to double up as DOF and team manager

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jun 2009 17:12

Ferguson
Rodgers
Irvine
Tisdale

Except the 4 information came from the Posh website where it expressely stated that Ferguson wasn't one of them. He may have been the fifth mentioned in the Post(?).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jun 2009 17:13

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

Ferguson
Rodgers
Irvine
Tisdale

Next week - Sir Mad will say that DOF has shown his credentials in the interview process, that hes going to double up as DOF and team manager

Money where your mouth is. Man up and do a Schards. £100 says Hammond isn't appointed manager.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jun 2009 10:32

Ian Royal

Ferguson
Rodgers
Irvine
Tisdale

Except the 4 information came from the Posh website where it expressely stated that Ferguson wasn't one of them. He may have been the fifth mentioned in the Post(?).

The Posh statement reminded me of the Sheff Utd statement regarding Lita though - trying to placate their own fans by being economical with the truth.

nickbob_sexypants

by nickbob_sexypants » 03 Jun 2009 14:23

It makes me think though if a player is worth signing for millions then why does 1 million for a manager put clubs off.

If Ferguson can go for 1 million then surely its worth it if he is the right manager. Surely one player does not have as much of an effect as the manager.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jun 2009 17:48

Stranded
Ian Royal

Ferguson
Rodgers
Irvine
Tisdale

The Posh statement reminded me of the Sheff Utd statement regarding Lita though - trying to placate their own fans by being economical with the truth.

Quite possibly, but if you accept that is inaccurate then surely you accept that the shortlist of 4 is innacurate given the same source provided the size of the short list and that Ferguson wasn't on it.

228 posts