Gunnar gone next?

kingsleyroyal

Gunnar gone next?

by kingsleyroyal » 13 Oct 2009 16:09

Speaking to a former player still close to the club recently, and he tells me Bryn wants out of this shambles next.

When is this going to end? What has happened to our club?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Gunnar gone next?

by Vision » 13 Oct 2009 16:20

kingsleyroyal Speaking to a former player still close to the club recently, and he tells me Bryn wants out of this shambles next.

'greed.

Losing a 34 year old who can't play for more than 50 minutes a week from the engine room of the team will be the final nail in RFC's coffin for sure. How would we ever recover?

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 13 Oct 2009 17:08

Vision
kingsleyroyal Speaking to a former player still close to the club recently, and he tells me Bryn wants out of this shambles next.

'greed.

Losing a 34 year old who can't play for more than 50 minutes a week from the engine room of the team will be the final nail in RFC's coffin for sure. How would we ever recover?

Thats not the point,they are trying to wipe out class of 2007

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Oct 2009 17:19

ankeny
Vision

'greed.

Probably yes.

Is that a bad thing? You have to remember thatthe class of 2007 are now all past it or not wanting to be anywhere near a club that isn't in the Premiership let alone not having the funds to pay top Championship wages.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Oct 2009 17:21

If he's on big wages, I'd say this is good news; I'm sure we could pick up someone cheaper somewhere else who can actually play the full 90 minutes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Oct 2009 17:45

Wasn't really sure why we extended his contract tbh. Another option for Rodgers to piss about with unnecessarily.

Karacan with Cisse / Tabb as back up is good enough with the right manager, system and formation.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 Oct 2009 20:25

Loss? :|

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 13 Oct 2009 21:34

Ian Royal Wasn't really sure why we extended his contract tbh. Another option for Rodgers to piss about with unnecessarily.

Karacan with Cisse / Tabb as back up is good enough with the right manager, system and formation.

Agree with that IR

Gunnar and Tabb are very much the same player, and with Cisse doing the same thing, and Harper at the time, really didnt see the point if giving him a contract

We had plenty of center midfields, but none of them good enough to hold down a place so we gave one of them another contract :roll:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 14 Oct 2009 09:39

ankeny
Vision

'greed.

Presumably England should still be playing the class of '66.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Oct 2009 10:39

I doubt Gunnarsson at this stage of his career is the sort of guy to be throwing a strop demanding transfers or a way out of a club in which he's still playing a part so i'm not sure how true the original post is.

However I saw no sense in extending his contract in the summer, we have LOADS of central midfielders and Gunnarsson no matter how excellent he has been for the club is no better than what we've got, and they are all younger, fitter and more mobile. This will definitely be his last season here and I would be stunned if another Championship club offered him anything.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Oct 2009 11:11

Alan Partridge I doubt Gunnarsson at this stage of his career is the sort of guy to be throwing a strop demanding transfers or a way out of a club in which he's still playing a part so i'm not sure how true the original post is.

However I saw no sense in extending his contract in the summer, we have LOADS of central midfielders and Gunnarsson no matter how excellent he has been for the club is no better than what we've got, and they are all younger, fitter and more mobile. This will definitely be his last season here and I would be stunned if another Championship club offered him anything.

It would be interesting to know the reason he was offered a new deal.

Perhaps it was a recognition that the sqaud was going to be very young and simply needed some old heads around ?

And to be fair to him he may have had a poor game against Boro but he's generally performed pretty well for us this season.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 14 Oct 2009 11:34

Sun Tzu
Alan Partridge I doubt Gunnarsson at this stage of his career is the sort of guy to be throwing a strop demanding transfers or a way out of a club in which he's still playing a part so i'm not sure how true the original post is.

Perhaps it was a recognition that the sqaud was going to be very young and simply needed some old heads around ?

And to be fair to him he may have had a poor game against Boro but he's generally performed pretty well for us this season.

Maybe some truth in your first reason Sun Tzu, although since then we've had Howard join, we've got Marek, Cisse, Tabb. These guys are all expereinced pro's, played either international football or lots of championship football. Coupled with the young lads, i just didn't see the need.

I can't really comment that much on Gunnarsson, i've not seen him enough this year but I doubt he's done much more than someone else here could or would have done, would that be fair?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Oct 2009 11:40

Alan Partridge
Sun Tzu

Maybe some truth in your first reason Sun Tzu, although since then we've had Howard join, we've got Marek, Cisse, Tabb. These guys are all expereinced pro's, played either international football or lots of championship football. Coupled with the young lads, i just didn't see the need.

I can't really comment that much on Gunnarsson, i've not seen him enough this year but I doubt he's done much more than someone else here could or would have done, would that be fair?

Part of the appeal of Bryn is that he's so versatile. As well as being able to play holding or attacking midfielder, the fact that he can cover as a CB was considered very worthwhile at the end of last season. He's also relatively cheap, of course, so for a relatively small salary the club gets cover in two or three positions, plus a player with bags of experience and a good attitude.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Oct 2009 15:26

i dont know hwo youd assess that TBF

all i know is, our best performances generally contain him.

plus hes still my favourite RFC player

apart from that last game- where he inexplicably went shit

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 14 Oct 2009 15:31

brendywendy

i dont know hwo youd assess that TBF

all i know is, our best performances generally contain him.

plus hes still my favourite RFC player

apart from that last game- where he inexplicably went shit

well has he done anything that the others weren't capable of, apart from blowing out of his arse after 40 minutes?

He's no better than Tabb, Cisse, Karacan anymore.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Oct 2009 16:00

What a load of cobblers. Bryn has only just signed another 1 year deal after no other parties offered him anything for him to be tempted so having gone through that he's hardly likely to do an about face esp. when he's free to start talking to clubs next January anyway.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Oct 2009 16:21

I've wondered whether Bryn was kept on because of Gylffi - esp with Ivar sidelined for a long time - I wonder if the pair of them are Gylffi's mentors and all that jazz.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Oct 2009 16:33

Royal Lady I've wondered whether Bryn was kept on because of Gylffi - esp with Ivar sidelined for a long time - I wonder if the pair of them are Gylffi's mentors and all that jazz.

I thought this at the time. The fact that I have agreed with something RL has come out with is very worrying. I am going back to my airfix kits!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Oct 2009 16:36

If we have to employ two senior pros to look after one youngster I'd be worried about the moral fibre of the youngster !

Which two pros are on the payroll to look after each of the other kids ?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Oct 2009 16:45

Sun Tzu If we have to employ two senior pros to look after one youngster I'd be worried about the moral fibre of the youngster !

Which two pros are on the payroll to look after each of the other kids ?

Think about the nationality aspect. Young kid long way from home. Is this why Marek has hardly pulled up ay trees? One of the reasons Seol left was to be nearer to the Korean community in SW London.