Simon Cox

123 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Simon Cox

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 02 Nov 2009 07:21

Bit of a no brainer really, WBA looking good for promotion back to the Prem, and Cox has a contract that will take him with them.

Would be better to work hard and take his chances as they appear, football is a game of 18 players a side now, he is in that 18, and probably will be at the next step, for a season at least.

Won't look too good if again he is too impatient to wait, if that is his mindset should have stayed at Swindon for another season.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Nov 2009 09:59

I thought it was clubs who decide if a player goes out on loan or not, initially? If WBA said to Cox, "we'd like you to get more regular games, so we're loaning you out - do you fancy going back to Reading for a few months?! I'd hardly call that "being impatient".

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Nov 2009 10:53

Royal Lady I thought it was clubs who decide if a player goes out on loan or not, initially? If WBA said to Cox, "we'd like you to get more regular games, so we're loaning you out - do you fancy going back to Reading for a few months?! I'd hardly call that "being impatient".

Do you think that's what they want to do with one of their squad players though?

I doubt they would, unless of course he was making a fuss and being disruptive whilst not getting a game (ala Lita perhaps).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Nov 2009 12:30

It might be best for him if he's not going to get a lot of starts in their first team this season. He's not going to have much chance in the Prem if he hasn't even proven he's good enough for the chumpionship.

There'd have to be a recall arrangement and I wouldn't expect it to be a season long job, but whilst it's highly unlikely there are some things that means it could make quite a lot of sense to all parties.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 02 Nov 2009 12:39

We'd be stupid to take someone who could be recalled at any time though.

If we took a loan signing it could only be either until Jan when we buy or for the season.

Anything else would simply leave us vulnerable to them being recalled and leaving us short.

I express no view on whether Cox would be the right player though !

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 02 Nov 2009 13:45

Either he had a bad leg or not, if he has not been 100% and has been involved in most games I can't see why he would want to move at this point in the season, football is an odd game, one injury and he can be in the starting eleven banging in the goals.

More involvement than some at RFC, and i wuld think we would be disappointed if a major signing was unhappy with his lot, perhaps Mills should go back to Donnie, to get a few games.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Nov 2009 20:54

Sun Tzu We'd be stupid to take someone who could be recalled at any time though.

If we took a loan signing it could only be either until Jan when we buy or for the season.

Anything else would simply leave us vulnerable to them being recalled and leaving us short.

I express no view on whether Cox would be the right player though !

An "emergency" loan can't be recalled in the first month, however.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 02 Nov 2009 21:14

Indeed, however to try and build our strike force around someone who could be recalled at any time after the first month would seem a high risk strategy !

What the full set of options are around the current ridiculous loan farce I have to admit I'm not too sure but we don;t need a striker to fill a short term gap, we need to one to score us a decent goals between now and May IMHO....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Nov 2009 21:41

Yeah, so we get someone on loan in January until the end of the season? :|

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 03 Nov 2009 09:34

That's brilliant RL ! You should be a manager.

You do realise we have a few games in November and December though ?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Nov 2009 10:14

Yes and due to lack of any foresight, we're struggling a bit in the striker department - but we can't do anything about it. :roll:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 03 Nov 2009 11:08

We had some foresight tho, BR came in, Doyle was off, as was Lita, and both rightly so IMHO.

We had Long, who had a purple patch second half of last season, we had Hunt, who was expected to return from injury soon, BR signed Rasiak. We also had Church, Bagnall and Mooney, all hoping or a chance, so we did have 6 forwards.

Sadly two have gone on loan, Hunt did not return to fitness, so we have not had a settled pair up front, and no competition, personally I would only take a loan in if we could sign them in Jan, can we do that contractually??? If not I would wait, whilst scouting out the player wanted.

I still say the guy at Southend, scoring well and won't cost too much.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Nov 2009 11:21

We *should* have had foresight, I agree, knowing that Doyle and Lita would be off - but BR let Mooney, Bignall and Antonio go on loan, without thinking that there might be any further injuries, our remaining strikers might be sh1t. That's what I meant.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Nov 2009 12:01

Royal Lady We *should* have had foresight, I agree, knowing that Doyle and Lita would be off - but BR let Mooney, Bignall and Antonio go on loan, without thinking that there might be any further injuries, our remaining strikers might be sh1t. That's what I meant.

He let go a couple of forwards who aren't good enough to help us, and also a winger.

He was left with Rasiak, Church, Long and Hunt. That's enough in numbers if not in quality, up to the point that Hunt's injury was more serious than they thought.

Now they're looking for someone to come in on loan and boost the numbers. Can't see the problem really RL, apart from our players aren't quite good enough.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 03 Nov 2009 12:31

Royal Lady Yes and due to lack of any foresight, we're struggling a bit in the striker department - but we can't do anything about it. :roll:

Except look at loan options.

And how we use what we have at our disposal.

We did manage to score 3 times on Saturday. And our main striker got 2 of them.

Sorting out the service is a big step forward.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Nov 2009 21:36

i bet Cox wishes he had come back to Reading, rather than get fit and score for WBA.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 28 Nov 2009 23:14

Still talking about this. :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Nov 2009 22:05

Not really - only 2 posts since 3 November and one of them is yours. :roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 30 Nov 2009 00:44

Royal Lady Not really - only 2 posts since 3 November and one of them is yours. :roll:

lol +1

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 30 Nov 2009 08:28

Royal Lady Not really - only 2 posts since 3 November and one of them is yours. :roll:

So it's gone off topic? Delete it then. Or do you have an understanding of this one?

123 posts