mr_number The only possible reason is to act as a father figure to Long

wtf

There is like 4 years age gap.

They mate young in Ireland.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Noel Hunt to WBA

by Mr Angry » 13 Jan 2012 15:23

Z175 This was in the Times transfer round up today.

The Times West Brom have made an approach for Reading striker Noel Hunt, who manager Roy Hodgson wants to reunite with Sean Long, a summer signing from Reading. It could prompt a series of transfers at the Sir John Madejski Stadium, with Reading's want-away winger Jimmy Kebe in talks with West Ham United. The Royals are closing in on a replacement after agreeing a £3m fee with Huddersfield Town for the in-demand Jordan Rhodes. West Ham and Tottenham Hotspur withdrew their bids for Rhodes last week, after refusing to guarantee him first team football.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foo ... 283998.ece

Utterly completely and totally unbelievable; if ANY of the things stated in this article happens, I'll be utterly shocked.

Mind you, the clues that this is all crap can be seen in the fantastic research; not only the screamingly obvious SEAN Long, but when did our stadium get re-named The Sir John Madejski Stadium?? Must have missed that announcement.......

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Noel Hunt to WBA

by Stranded » 13 Jan 2012 15:39

If it helps, that's not a real article.

buddy1983

by buddy1983 » 13 Jan 2012 15:41

when did our stadium get re-named The Sir John Madejski Stadium?? Must have missed that announcement.......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2012 19:00

Rob-Royal
melonhead if youd managed to master the quote function, that would have been quite funny

You are everything I want to be when I grow up....

That's assuming you manage to grow up of course. :wink:

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 13 Jan 2012 20:26

haha that's a ridiculous rumour that you would see on goal.com never going to happen because he's not good enough. It's just laughable

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Jan 2012 07:39

rfc2001 haha that's a ridiculous rumour that you would see on goal.com never going to happen because he's not good enough. It's just laughable

A little thing about a player not being good enough doesn't normally worry WBA though...

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Jan 2012 08:02

Barry the bird boggler
rfc2001 haha that's a ridiculous rumour that you would see on goal.com never going to happen because he's not good enough. It's just laughable

A little thing about a player not being good enough doesn't normally worry WBA though...

More to the point, a little thing like Reading fans thinking he is not good enough won't worry WBA. I suspect they employ adequate scouts to make those judgements without relying on rather stupid pronouncements from this board.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Jan 2012 09:20

You think a scout from WBA has seen NHunt play this season and recommended him to them?! :|

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 14 Jan 2012 10:06

I hear that there's been a hiccup in this deal because WBA aren't offering us enough to afford Rhodes. They hope to revive the deal by offering Geoff Horsfield in exchange

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Jan 2012 10:06

West Stand Man
Barry the bird boggler

More to the point, a little thing like Reading fans thinking he is not good enough won't worry WBA. I suspect they employ adequate scouts to make those judgements without relying on rather stupid pronouncements from this board.

Scouts don't always get it right though :|

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Jan 2012 13:39

West Stand Man
Barry the bird boggler

Case in point- Leicester. We were all moaning about Matt Mills, but their scouts clearly watched the player and determined that he was worth £5m.They've been proven right by his displays this season, which have ensured that Leicester are at the top of the bottom half of the table.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 14 Jan 2012 13:53

Rob-Royal
melonhead
Snowball Make more sense if Noel was going there as Shane's lucky pard and Simon
came the other way

still got 3 million left from mills and long money

so swap nhunt for cox, bring in rhodes and wed be flying :wink:

you're forgetting about the black hole.....

He was drunk in charge

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 14 Jan 2012 15:03

SCIAG, 14 Jan 2012 13:39

Case in point- Leicester. We were all moaning about Matt Mills, but their scouts clearly watched the player and determined that he was worth £5m.They've been proven right by his displays this season, which have ensured that Leicester are at the top of the bottom half of the table.

Really ???? ....not sure Leicesters renaissance has much to do with Mills...been sent off twice in his time there already ,and according to my cousin who is a Foxes fan....he's pretty average and is very prone to errors as well as still thinking he's a Brazilian ballplayer who can spray the ball 40/50 yards......great bit of business by Reading and Leicester were mugged ..

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jan 2012 15:13

Royal Lady You think a scout from WBA has seen NHunt play this season and recommended him to them?! :|

has he not had a good game this year?

maybe they recently watched the ipswich(?) game where he came off the bench and changed the game

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Jan 2012 16:06

Ah yes, one good game in the championship suddenly makes you prem class!

Great stuff as always,

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jan 2012 16:15

FiNeRaIn Ah yes, one good game in the championship suddenly makes you prem class!

Great stuff as always,

:roll:
:lol:
obsessed.

she was asking how a scout could possibly have seen him this season and recommend him-implying hes not had a single good game-which is patently rubbish
dont let that stop you chipping in though mate

i was just referring her to the last game where he was good.
are you saying theres not been another?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Jan 2012 16:17

There has, I like Noel Hunt. He's a good lad, good attitude and he's a solid player. He looks a lot sharper for us pre-injury though and hasn't really been the same since.

That said he is 28 years old, only ever played in scotland or the championship and you know as well as I do there is no chance he is good enough for the prem.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Jan 2012 16:19

FiNeRaIn There has, I like Noel Hunt. He's a good lad, good attitude and he's a solid player. He looks a lot sharper for us pre-injury though and hasn't really been the same since.

That said he is 28 years old, only ever played in scotland or the championship and you know as well as I do there is no chance he is good enough for the prem.

never said he was, but that doesnt mean that panicking managers wont take a punt at this time of year

mills isnt worth 5 million quid but...........

that aside-im not saying hell be going anywhere- im just instructing RL in how it is possible for a scout to have seen him this season and think he was a decent player

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Jan 2012 17:38

Well I'd be VERY surprised if ANY scouts in the Prem recommended the likes of NHunt over someone like Kebe for a start, but what do I know. Might be able to find out the definitive story here - unless Schards has jokingly suggested him to someone we know and they've believed him! :lol: