by muddyfeet » 31 Jan 2012 12:36

winchester_royal :|

he's destroying my transfer cheer

Bath Hoops

Re: Transfer news...

by Bath Hoops » 31 Jan 2012 12:40

Barry the bird boggler
Bath Hoops
Vision Such as? Who are these players that are going to want to come here and will assure us of what you want?

We dont know what funds the Russians have in mind if/when they take over. They've loaned us money (at 1% above base rate according to Dirk) as a show of faith ahead of the takeover. How much do you think the wages and transfer fees (especially in January) would be to get the sort of player you seem to be talking about given that we'd almost certainly have to compete against Premiership clubs or at best Parachute payment financed Championship clubs to attract them?

I think we'll have to wait until the summer assuming the deal goes through to know exactly how the new guys intend to go about things. In the meantime 3 players (with possibly the odd 1 or 2 more to come) who have pedigree at this level, cover areas where we needed them, are on relatively short term deals when added to Kebe's new deal, puts us on paper at least with a far better squad than the one that took us to 4th so far.

Once again I'm really not sure what peoples expectations really were if they're disappointed with this.

I know I got more excited when I read this :-

Talented Manchester United teenager Ravel Morrison is on the brink of joining Championship side West Ham.
Morrison is one of a quartet of players to travel to Upton Park for transfer deadline day negotiations, with Barnsley forward Ricardo Vaz Te, Genoa's Ze Eduardo and Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard all hoping to join the Hammers.

Now thats what I call going for it and thats why one promotion place will be taken.

Just imagine though if they didn't make it......
There are alot of things we can imagine, just like us winning the league this year. But if you were a betting man who would your money be on ? and would you have been happier to see them come here than what we've got ?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Jan 2012 12:41

Royal Lady
We're 5 points off automatic - having played one more game than most and two more than Brum. We're also 5 points off 12th place. :|

That's only because we lost 4, drew 1 of our first six games

Since then we've been top or second-top on form

If we can improve by just .1 or .2 ppg we can win automatic

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 31 Jan 2012 12:44

Spunking millions in the January window is pointless. Far more sensible to have a good blast in the summer where players will be out of contract and more amenable to a move to Berkshire. There is no point buying players just for the sake of buying them. There is also the point that no-one has any idea how much TSI have said is available to BMcD for this window. Baldy Man may have already used this up.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 31 Jan 2012 12:46

Bath Hoops
Vision Such as? Who are these players that are going to want to come here and will assure us of what you want?

We dont know what funds the Russians have in mind if/when they take over. They've loaned us money (at 1% above base rate according to Dirk) as a show of faith ahead of the takeover. How much do you think the wages and transfer fees (especially in January) would be to get the sort of player you seem to be talking about given that we'd almost certainly have to compete against Premiership clubs or at best Parachute payment financed Championship clubs to attract them?

I think we'll have to wait until the summer assuming the deal goes through to know exactly how the new guys intend to go about things. In the meantime 3 players (with possibly the odd 1 or 2 more to come) who have pedigree at this level, cover areas where we needed them, are on relatively short term deals when added to Kebe's new deal, puts us on paper at least with a far better squad than the one that took us to 4th so far.

Once again I'm really not sure what peoples expectations really were if they're disappointed with this.

Talented Manchester United teenager Ravel Morrison is on the brink of joining Championship side West Ham.
Morrison is one of a quartet of players to travel to Upton Park for transfer deadline day negotiations, with Barnsley forward Ricardo Vaz Te, Genoa's Ze Eduardo and Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard all hoping to join the Hammers.

Now thats what I call going for it and thats why one promotion place will be taken.

Hang on - I thought LOLeicester City had already guaranteed one of two auto promo places.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 31 Jan 2012 12:48

[quote="M Brook
Hang on - I thought LOLeicester City had already guaranteed one of two auto promo places.[/quote]
Who knows they may make it yet, although I dont think any of their signings have been as good as that line up.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Jan 2012 12:50

Bath Hoops [quote="M Brook
Hang on - I thought LOLeicester City had already guaranteed one of two auto promo places.

Who knows they may make it yet, although I dont think any of their signings have been as good as that line up.[/quote]

Vaz Te - Bolton reject
Morrison - Awful attitude, ticking time bomb
Ze Eduardo - Unlikely to adapt to CCC football quickly
Maynard - Decent signing, but Roberts has a better record in this division.

Cracking line up. :|

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 31 Jan 2012 12:57

winchester_royal

Who knows they may make it yet, although I dont think any of their signings have been as good as that line up.

Vaz Te - Bolton reject Joint 3rd highest scorer and in great form
Morrison - Awful attitude, ticking time bomb Pretty much everyteam wanted this kid
Maynard - Decent signing, but Roberts has a better record in this division. Alot younger than Roberts and done well for last few seasons

Cracking line up. :|[/quote]

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 31 Jan 2012 13:00

winchester_royal

Vaz Te - Bolton reject
Morrison - Awful attitude, ticking time bomb
Maynard - Decent signing, but Roberts has a better record in this division.

Cracking line up. :|[/quote]
You know I expected more from you posting, using rejects and bad attitude are pretty poor for you.

Vaz Te - Bolton reject - 12 goals to date
Morrison - Very highly rated with a number of premiership clubs interested in him
Ze Eduardo - Agreed the one of the pack who may struggle but 3 out of 4 good ones is better than one for us. The difference with their buys is that they are challenging the existing players if not automatic first team starters. Apart from Roberts all we've got are back up players and that I think is a mistake.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 31 Jan 2012 13:18

Bath Hoops

What are we supposed to go for it with? We dont have new owners yet. All we have is an initial loan from the owners elect to improve the team/squad in this window. Thats what we've done.

For us to compete in the transfer market at the level West Ham are doing given the current circumstanceswould be absolutely barmy. And I can't believe fans actually expected us to do so given everything that has come out of the club before and after the announcement of the Russian involvement.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 Jan 2012 13:20

True and right from start MrMad said new owners would continue prudent approach --- splashing millions would fly in the face of that.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 31 Jan 2012 13:23

To be honest I'm far happier with the type of signings we've been making, keeps the team dynamic intact and improves our quality in areas we've been lacking.

Happy that the new owners do seem to be sticking to the Reading way.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Jan 2012 13:29

Bath Hoops Apart from Roberts all we've got are back up players and that I think is a mistake.

Connolly will be in as soon as he's fit and will be a regular

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Jan 2012 13:54

comeonyouroyals
winchester_royal

Vaz Te - Bolton reject Joint 3rd highest scorer and in great form
Morrison - Awful attitude, ticking time bomb Pretty much everyteam wanted this kid
Maynard - Decent signing, but Roberts has a better record in this division. Alot younger than Roberts and done well for last few seasons

Cracking line up. :|
[/quote]

every team wanted him(except man utd)?
and he went to west ham?

odd

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Jan 2012 13:55

Snowball
Bath Hoops Apart from Roberts all we've got are back up players and that I think is a mistake.

in what position? CB?

i disagree

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 31 Jan 2012 13:58

melonhead
Snowball

in what position? CB?

i disagree

This is what I am saying >>> Connolly will be in as soon as he's fit and will be a regular

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 31 Jan 2012 14:01

You're an idiot. Pearce and Gorks are superb at present. The only way Connolly can get in the side currently is at left back. No CB will be displaced unless there's a drop of form or injury.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Jan 2012 14:07

Snowball
melonhead [quote="Snowbal

in what position? CB?

i disagree

This is what I am saying >>> Connolly will be in as soon as he's fit and will be a regular

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.[/quote]

you were clear, just wrong

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 31 Jan 2012 14:07

To me these signings show that this year we're gonna make the playoffs our real aim, then give auto-promo a proper push next year.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 31 Jan 2012 14:08

I do think he will become a regular at left-back, rather than CM.
The fact that he has been given squad number 3 (rather than thirty-something or forty-something) seems to me to be a statement of intent.

339 posts