RUMOUR - Raoul Loe

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
plroyals

RUMOUR - Raoul Loe

by plroyals » 23 Aug 2012 21:42

Can't see it being true myself but i thought i would post it anyway.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... yes-on-Loe

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Raoul Loe

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 24 Aug 2012 04:39

please, no more defensive midfielders. can we ever get one attacking midfielder who is creative, has great vision, can open up defenses, score goals, and pass accurately? is that too much to ask?

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 24 Aug 2012 08:33

USA_Loyal_Royal please, no more defensive midfielders. can we ever get one attacking midfielder who is creative, has great vision, can open up defenses, score goals, and pass accurately? is that too much to ask?

Erm....this is awkward.....................How about our new signing Danny Guthrie?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2012 08:39

moonwalklikebas
USA_Loyal_Royal please, no more defensive midfielders. can we ever get one attacking midfielder who is creative, has great vision, can open up defenses, score goals, and pass accurately? is that too much to ask?

Erm....this is awkward.....................How about our new signing Danny Guthrie?

7 goals in 92 appearances for Newcastle doesn't sound much like a goalscoring midfielder to me

plroyals

by plroyals » 24 Aug 2012 09:13

YateleyRoyal
moonwalklikebas

7 goals in 92 appearances for Newcastle doesn't sound much like a goalscoring midfielder to me

but how many goalscoring midfielders are capable of playing in a two man central midfield with forward thinking wingers. yes it would offer a new dimension and flexibility in our formation but i would say this would be a luxury rather than a necessity. i think a player like Guthrie is much more suited to the way we play.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 24 Aug 2012 10:04

moonwalklikebas

In what way is Danny Guthrie a Defensive Midfielder?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Aug 2012 10:08

Dare to Dr£am
moonwalklikebas

:?:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 24 Aug 2012 10:14

YateleyRoyal 7 goals in 92 appearances for Newcastle doesn't sound much like a goalscoring midfielder to me

One goal in two appearances for Reading, sounds alright to me.

Anyway now I've got the automatic stuck in my head....... "lets go see Raoul"

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 24 Aug 2012 10:34

Dare to Dr£am In what way is Danny Guthrie a Defensive Midfielder?

In the way that, Makelele style, he picks the ball up off the centre-back's feet and distributes it to his team-mates.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Raoul Loe

by Snowball » 24 Aug 2012 11:36

Can't agree that Guthrie is a DM, no matter how deep he picks up the ball.

That's like saying a quarterback is defensive just because 95% of the time he;s behind the play.

I don't think his strength is in winning tackles.

I'd say Karacan is our most defensive midfielder (tho' not necessarily deep-playing, just disruptive.

Elwood has been strongly defensive but shows some attacking flair/passing and I think, if required
he could play AM. He's a sort of hybrid.

Guthrie tho', he is, IMO, a fairly attacking midfielder and not the best ball-winner

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 24 Aug 2012 12:00

would rather we signed Raoul Moat.

Wuzzy87

by Wuzzy87 » 24 Aug 2012 12:50

Aubery Boyce would rather we signed Raoul Moat.

Sign both and make it a double barrelled signing.....

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 24 Aug 2012 15:45

cmonurz
Dare to Dr£am In what way is Danny Guthrie a Defensive Midfielder?

In the way that, Makelele style, he picks the ball up off the centre-back's feet and distributes it to his team-mates.

How does any of that come under the term 'defensive'? Deep lying creative midfielder maybe but considering that Guthrie was playing behind the striker when we had the ball on Wednesday you can't really use that term to describe him in his Reading career so far...

Much more to being an attacking midfielder than scoring goals. How many central midfielders in this league score close to ten goals or more, not many,and how many of those remaining play outside the top 6? Last year I can only think of Sessègnon and Sigurdsson who would fit that description. Would much rather be playing Guthrie, who got tons of assists for Newcastle when he played a full season than someone like Nolan or Taraabt.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 24 Aug 2012 16:04

Dare to Dr£am
moonwalklikebas

:?:

One posters misreading of a post has sent the thread off in the opposite direction.

Danny Guthrie is NOT a defensive midfielder. I'm assuming that USA_Loyal_Royal hasn't yet had an opportunity to witness this first hand.

RE: Raoul Loe - i'd be surprised if we were to add cover in this position ahead of a central defender and/or further attacking options... but what do i know.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 26 Aug 2012 15:06

Might hear something soon. Might not though. My source is on the fence on this.

Wallington Royal

by Wallington Royal » 26 Aug 2012 19:07

On sky Sports 1 at the moment playing against Barcelona. If he was really going to join us I doubt he would be playing. Just been booked does not look that great anyway.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Aug 2012 20:18

Guthrie is a creative midfielder. For defensive midfielders see Legs and Karacan.

GSY-Royal

by GSY-Royal » 27 Aug 2012 11:42

He got kicked in the face, other than that, nothing really noticeable about his performance. I do like his name though.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1