RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

1138 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

by melonhead » 30 Jan 2013 10:44

Hoop Blah What reports about Guthrie? People reading into his choice of club?

The quote above is somebody comparing his chances of getting games for 7th place Liverpool, with some very good midfield options, and 19th placed Reading. It won't be a definitive 'you're certain to play here' from McDermott but a realism that he's a lot more likely to.

^^that

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 30 Jan 2013 10:44

melonhead
leicsRoyal
ManchesterRoyals
But McDermott is confident the offer of guaranteed first-team football at Reading could be a huge factor in landing the versatile 20-year-old.

I know for 8 million he ought to be playing every week but I still don't like this sort of quote for an unproven player at this level.

thats a quote from fordham, not mcdermott

Yeah read it again and apologised about three posts above.

:oops:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Jan 2013 10:45

leicsRoyal
ManchesterRoyals Dunno if is been discussed on here before but it was interesting listing to Paul Ince after Sundays Liverpools FA Cup defeat where he said tom moving to liverpool wouldnt be the right time for him and more or less said he wouldnt get a game there if he signed for them

So i bet BM and the team have offered him first team football :D

First team football, yes. Guaranteed, that's another thing and Fordham has supposedly quoted Brian on it.

no he hasnt. the guaranteed bit is fordham nonsense, the actual quotes from brian are inside quote marks and say nowt of the sort.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Jan 2013 10:46

ManchesterRoyals
Norfolk Royal McAnuff seems to be guaranteed first team football for one. And Ledge.[/

Aint that the truth

no. they just happen to be two of our better players

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 30 Jan 2013 10:47

melonhead
leicsRoyal
ManchesterRoyals Dunno if is been discussed on here before but it was interesting listing to Paul Ince after Sundays Liverpools FA Cup defeat where he said tom moving to liverpool wouldnt be the right time for him and more or less said he wouldnt get a game there if he signed for them

So i bet BM and the team have offered him first team football :D

First team football, yes. Guaranteed, that's another thing and Fordham has supposedly quoted Brian on it.

no he hasnt. the guaranteed bit is fordham nonsense, the actual quotes from brian are inside quote marks and say nowt of the sort.

You don't do apologies do you? :lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Jan 2013 10:47

nah

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 30 Jan 2013 10:48

From Twitter

Freelance journalist‏@indykaila

Liverpool final bid for Thomas Ince was rejected. #LFC are working on add-ons within the same final offer to make the offer more attractive

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 30 Jan 2013 10:54

melonhead
ManchesterRoyals
Norfolk Royal McAnuff seems to be guaranteed first team football for one. And Ledge.[/

Aint that the truth

no. they just happen to be two of our oldest players and Brian's favourites.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Jan 2013 10:57

favourites because the produce on a regular basis
& old=experience

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Jan 2013 11:07

ManchesterRoyals

Aint that the truth

Best options for the position / type of player.

McAnuff may not have been offering a huge amount going forwrd, but we've been trying to build from the back making ourselves harder to beat and he offers a shedload more defensively than McCleary or HRK. He's also club captain and respected by all the players.

Leigertwood is the only physical presence we had for midfield until we signed Akpan, who hasn't looked quite ready in his cameo, in a game where Leigertwood was excellent after his week of rest.

If we sign better options, both will be dropped. Until we do, both will play.

Alf Hooker

by Alf Hooker » 30 Jan 2013 11:07

It's much more along the lines of improved first team opportunites than the word guaranteed but lets be honest given the midfield we currently have and this players ability it pretty much will mean the same thing providing he plays anything near his current form.

More interestingly I think there are other factors involved in the change of media stance other than "tell the fans some stuff keep em happy" Usually McD keeps quiet about transfers or even blatantly misleads journalists (see ALF) he has now completely changed and talking much more openly knowing he'll be quoted in the press with the caveat "he's not our player but.....".

Other managers in the prem publically declare their admiration for a player partly for a bit of ego stroking and adding a bit of pressure on the selling club but ultimately money aside how many players cite the reason when they sign "the club really wanted me and that was a factor" It is as we all know a results business and I believe McD is adapting to how it works in the Premier league wether we like the method/approach or not as its not our usual way.

Providing it remains respectful (which i think it has) If it improves our chances of getting these players to survive and establish ourselves in this league i'm glad he is adapting and deviating from our usual approach to do all he can especially with a deadline fast approaching and there is a sense of urgency.

January targets are different because unlike the summer break he can't/doesnt have the time to fly out to the likes of Guthrie on his honeymoon to give the feel good come to reading personal touch so using the media to do it is another way imo.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 30 Jan 2013 11:13

5/4 favourites to join Liverpool.. 2/1 for Reading.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 30 Jan 2013 11:28

If Stuart Downing can get in the Liverpool side, on the left, then Ince would have no trouble walking in to that side

boro_royal

by boro_royal » 30 Jan 2013 11:51

Easy. AZ can just lay 8m on the 2/1 bet, and we get the money back when he signs. Result = free player, and 8m back.

G'La

by G'La » 30 Jan 2013 11:54

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport ... -1-5364967

By William Watt
Published on Wednesday 30 January 2013 10:53

TOM Ince says he just wants the transfer window to close.

The Blackpool winger, who celebrates his 21st birthday today, has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs this month.

Reading are the latest to join the race, with boss Brian McDermott confirming his club had tabled a bid believed to be around £7m.

Liverpool have made no secret of their interest in resigning Blackpool’s star man, while Swansea have also made enquiries.

Pool chairman Karl Oyston remains determined to keep hold of his prized asset, but The Gazette understands his resolve will be tested again before tomorrow’s deadline.

Liverpool are believed to be ready to make one last move for the star, while Reading may be willing to raise their offer.

And Ince, who fired both Pool’s goals in Saturday’s win at Wolves to take his tally for the season to 15, says he’s looking forward to it all being sorted out.

“I’ll be looking forward to the transfer window closing, one way or another,” he admitted.

“The last few weeks hasn’t been frustrating but it’s not been ideal.

“I’ve never come out and said I wanted to leave this club.

“Right now I’m a Blackpool player and I love playing with a great group of lads who allow me to express myself. All I can do is work hard on the training pitch.”

Ince has remained level-headed amid all the speculation, always insisting it’s out of his hands.

While a big-money move to the Premier League would obviously appeal to him, he’s more than happy to carry on performing at Bloomfiled Road.

He said: “I just have to keep my head down and keep working. I will continue to keep giving everything for Blackpool. Whatever happens, happens.

“If nothing does, I’ll be more than happy to stay here, play for this club and these fans.

“It’s all about working hard, winning games and putting this club back up the table where it should be.”

Reading manager McDermott made the unusual move of commenting on his bid.

The Royals boss said of Ince: “He scores goals, he makes goals.

“He has good feet, he can go left, he can go right, he’s got a great attitude.

“But I’m talking about someone who doesn’t belong to us, so maybe I shouldn’t.”

Before Saturday’s double, Ince had gone 10 games without a goal.

Having topped the Championship’s scoring table earlier in the season, he admitted: “I’ve seen people shoot up the goalscoring charts and I want to catch them.

“I know it’s difficult as they are all out-and-out strikers but my aim has always been to add goals to my game.”

If Ince is about to leave, you wouldn’t know it.

As ever, he continues to talk positively about Blackpool and their chances for the rest of the season.

And he thinks there’s a decent spirit around Bloomfield Road.

“We’ve been together for the last two weeks,” he added.

“Look at the Fulham game (the FA Cup third-round replay) – we were so unlucky they equalised with the last kick.

“Against Cardiff the decisions went the wrong way, but the performances were there.”

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 30 Jan 2013 12:20

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 30 Jan 2013 12:24

Ince is a winger and Wabara is a right back?

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 30 Jan 2013 12:30

madreadingfan

Ince is a winger and Wabara is a right back?

I didn't know that, I saw he scored Oldham's winner and put 2 and 2 together and got 5 :oops:

Carry on

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 30 Jan 2013 12:30

I always find the gossip about 2/3 days behind McDermott. I can't believe he'd talk bout a player who we didn't sign. I know we could get gazumped like tommy smith but all the noises seem to suggest to me this is going to happen.

Whether its what we need or not is another matter!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 30 Jan 2013 12:33

FozzieBear on Twitter, and I think it's the same one that posts on here, is 100% Ince is having a medical here today. Says he trusts his source completely and says hes not a wind-up merchant..

1138 posts