RUMOUR: Robson-Kanu wants to quit Reading

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

RUMOUR: Robson-Kanu wants to quit Reading

by TBM » 10 Jun 2013 08:19

HAL ROBSON-KANU has put Aston Villa and West Brom on alert after admitting he wants to quit Reading.

The Wales international, 24, hopes to leave the Madejski following the club’s relegation from the Premier League.
Robson-Kanu was one of the few Royals stars to impress last season after scoring seven goals.

And Villa and the Baggies are keen to sign the talented winger and keep him in the top-flight.

He said: “After coming through the Reading academy it would be hard to leave but in terms of personal ambition I want to play in the Premier League.”

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR: Robson-Kanu wants to quit Reading

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 10 Jun 2013 08:40

When he submits a transfer request, I'll believe this...

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 10 Jun 2013 09:34

Robson-Kanu's been nutured and developed by Reading for years, it's a pretty poor show if after only a handful of games where he's shown some real promise, he's angling for a move away.

I presume his agent is his brother who appears to be in the process of destroying Alex Pearce's career too in the hope of copping for a hefty fee generated by a move.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 10 Jun 2013 09:42

I'll hold judgement until something happens. But if HRK forces a move he in my book will be one of the biggest c/nts going, along with his agent.

ddetisi

by ddetisi » 10 Jun 2013 09:42

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Jun 2013 09:55

Non-quote, non-story

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Jun 2013 10:03

Football player wants to play at the highest level shocker. I'd be dissapointed if he didn't.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 10 Jun 2013 10:07

OK then, man up and slap a transfer request in. Or maybe your agent doesn't think this is wise? Wonder why?

Couldn't tie down a regular place in a team that ended up second from bottom shows just how good he really is.
Last edited by Haag Royal on 10 Jun 2013 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 10 Jun 2013 10:07

A Villa fan Kanu was one of very few reading players to come through the season with some credibility, his decent and would have him here but reading would want a lot more than what his worth.

If were after any reading player it should be karecan. Very tidy midfielder

Another one No thanks.

Piss poor show to turn on reading who fostered him. Also not really very good.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Jun 2013 10:22

TBM HAL ROBSON-KANU has put Aston Villa and West Brom on alert after admitting he wants to quit Reading.

The Wales international, 24, hopes to leave the Madejski following the club’s relegation from the Premier League.
Robson-Kanu was one of the few Royals stars to impress last season after scoring seven goals.

And Villa and the Baggies are keen to sign the talented winger and keep him in the top-flight.

He said: “After coming through the Reading academy it would be hard to leave but in terms of personal ambition I want to play in the Premier League.”

Poor form to not add the link TBM.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4961957/Hal-Robson-Kanu-wants-to-leave-Reading-Aston-Villa-interested.html

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 10 Jun 2013 11:32

Maybe I've just missed the games where HRK has nailed a 90 min performance...but I'd take the money and move on.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 10 Jun 2013 12:09

I would rather he went than Sir Jimmy Kebe

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 10 Jun 2013 12:23

HRK - another example of a very average/dogs player who had a couple of decent games and now things he's the business.

Sell him, he'll be back in the champ or lower within a season.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 10 Jun 2013 12:39

He's hardly said he wants to quit Reading. He's basically said that if a Premier League team came for him then he'd go. Imagine this is true of basically the whole squad just they haven't said it out loud.

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 10 Jun 2013 12:56

Lovely hot donuts! He's hardly said he wants to quit Reading. He's basically said that if a Premier League team came for him then he'd go. Imagine this is true of basically the whole squad just they haven't said it out loud.

Or he could say 'Nah. I've put a lot of time in at Reading and it's genuinely looking really exciting, I'd like to stick with it for another season cos we could really could have something'.

It wouldn't make him any less alluring to a Premier league team (loyalty, work ethic and ambition being attractive features) but would avoid making him sound like a prosty on a street corner swinging his pretty lil tush at the punters (sleazy desperation being an unattractive feature).

Thick player, thick agent, or both.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2013 13:06

Schards#2 I presume his agent is his brother who appears to be in the process of destroying Alex Pearce's career too in the hope of copping for a hefty fee generated by a move.

It's his oxf*rd job. If I was an agent I would not hesitate at alienating fans so long as my client (and I) got the best deal.

It would appear that when it comes to football every single fan loses all sense of professionalism and develops such a moral high ground.

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 10 Jun 2013 13:14

CountryRoyal
Schards#2 I presume his agent is his brother who appears to be in the process of destroying Alex Pearce's career too in the hope of copping for a hefty fee generated by a move.

It's his oxf*rd job. If I was an agent I would not hesitate at alienating fans so long as my client (and I) got the best deal.

It would appear that when it comes to football every single fan loses all sense of professionalism and develops such a moral high ground.

What's professional about telling a public statement that "I errr think I'd quite like a better job errrrr somewhere even though errrrr I do like my current employer really errr I'm not really errrr sure what I want errr...."

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2013 13:41

Tommy Youlden's Ears
CountryRoyal

What's professional about telling a public statement that "I errr think I'd quite like a better job errrrr somewhere even though errrrr I do like my current employer really errr I'm not really errrr sure what I want errr...."

I was talking about his agent, but the fact is that if it leads to him getting more financial success than what he has at the moment then fair play.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Jun 2013 13:49

CountryRoyal

Although there is a tendency to focus on short-term gain over the long-term. Less in it for the Agent I guess.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Jun 2013 14:01

CountryRoyal

Surely the 'best deal' does not 100% revolve around money.
Trading your status as a hero of thousands (to being seen as an absolute knob) for a pay rise, is not necessarily a good deal.

Anyway a good agent gets their client a pay rise without completely shattering the player's reputation.