Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Lewis McGugan

by genome » 02 May 2013 16:55

RoyalTank about 893 meters

That's a very precise approximation.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 02 May 2013 17:00

So it we got McGugan, we would have 3/11 of a team that consistently did not set the Championship on fire. Am I missing something here?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 May 2013 17:36

Elm Park Pasty Isn't there another thread about him somewhere? I can vaguely remember someone saying he went to school with him and he's lazy :-s

I fail to see how not handing in your geography homework would impact on his football skills.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 May 2013 17:38

Elm Park Pasty So it we got McGugan, we would have 3/11 of a team that consistently did not set the Championship on fire. Am I missing something here?

A clue, perhaps?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 02 May 2013 17:46

winchester_royal
Elm Park Pasty So it we got McGugan, we would have 3/11 of a team that consistently did not set the Championship on fire. Am I missing something here?

A clue, perhaps?

Oh I've always been clueless, my enthusiasm after last summer's transfer dealings proves that.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 May 2013 18:19

Elm Park Pasty
Pepe the Horseman
Elm Park Pasty Isn't there another thread about him somewhere? I can vaguely remember someone saying he went to school with him and he's lazy :-s

Sure he wasn't talking about you?

No the lazy part is quite correct but I didn't got to school with him :D

That was actually me. Was in the same school year in Long Eaton. He is lazy and lacks motivation which is the reason he has never really pushed on, or became a first team regular for a mid table Championship side(Forest)

DandyRoyal

by DandyRoyal » 06 May 2013 15:28

I know a lot of Forest fans and although they have mixed opinions on his contract situation and whether he is worth breaking the bank to keep, they all agree he is an underachiever. I think he is a good footballer, not an athlete though - and that isn't just a reference to his weight (carrying a few too many, but not that bad IMO). I do think he is slow, not very agile, poor engine, poor leap. I really don't think he should play box-to-box, but then again he isn't a DM and I don't think he has what it takes to play the No 10 role. Avoid I reckon.

Also he was a regular at the restaurant I used to work in, and also comes into the place I work in now, along with most of the Forest squad. My experiences both waiting on him and cooking for him have led me to the conclusion that he is a pr*ck. However, this is a malaise infecting most footballers, and in fact most customers, so I suppose judging him on that basis is a little harsh. I will say he usually turned up with Wes Morgan and Hasselbaink (coaching @ Forest until earlier this year) who were lovely, so maybe he just seemed like more of a w*nker than he actually is.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 06 May 2013 20:31

DandyRoyal I know a lot of Forest fans and although they have mixed opinions on his contract situation and whether he is worth breaking the bank to keep, they all agree he is an underachiever. I think he is a good footballer, not an athlete though - and that isn't just a reference to his weight (carrying a few too many, but not that bad IMO). I do think he is slow, not very agile, poor engine, poor leap. I really don't think he should play box-to-box, but then again he isn't a DM and I don't think he has what it takes to play the No 10 role. Avoid I reckon.

Also he was a regular at the restaurant I used to work in, and also comes into the place I work in now, along with most of the Forest squad. My experiences both waiting on him and cooking for him have led me to the conclusion that he is a pr*ck. However, this is a malaise infecting most footballers, and in fact most customers, so I suppose judging him on that basis is a little harsh. I will say he usually turned up with Wes Morgan and Hasselbaink (coaching @ Forest until earlier this year) who were lovely, so maybe he just seemed like more of a w*nker than he actually is.

I've met Jimmy Floyd myself and can vouch for this. As good a guy as he was a player.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 07 May 2013 13:41

St. Brynjar
DandyRoyal I know a lot of Forest fans and although they have mixed opinions on his contract situation and whether he is worth breaking the bank to keep, they all agree he is an underachiever. I think he is a good footballer, not an athlete though - and that isn't just a reference to his weight (carrying a few too many, but not that bad IMO). I do think he is slow, not very agile, poor engine, poor leap. I really don't think he should play box-to-box, but then again he isn't a DM and I don't think he has what it takes to play the No 10 role. Avoid I reckon.

I've met Jimmy Floyd myself and can vouch for this. As good a guy as he was a player.

I heard of a guy who met JFH the other day, he was one of his heroes, but thought he was a right cahunt.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 07 May 2013 16:03

The Rouge
St. Brynjar

I heard of a guy who met JFH the other day, he was one of his heroes, but thought he was a right cahunt.

Sounds like a massive racist.

Whitleyroyal

Lewis McGugan

by Whitleyroyal » 02 Jul 2013 19:11

I've seen that he has joined Watford today on a free transfer..

Bullet dodged? Or have we missed out?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Lewis McGugan

by Royal Ginger » 02 Jul 2013 19:13

Don't give a sh*t. Move on.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Jul 2013 19:23

:D Good

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 02 Jul 2013 19:43

Whitleyroyal I've seen that he has joined Watford today on a free transfer..

Bullet dodged? Or have we missed out?

Bullet dodged. Iffy attitude, weight up and down. We've got better players here.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 02 Jul 2013 20:16

Wow, another player we "missed out on". Surely we need to buy every Championship player who is rated by at least one Nobber?

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 03 Jul 2013 00:02

Thank god, Lewis McGugan rumours finally end...