2013 Summer Transfer Window

801 posts
Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window

by Handsome Man » 04 Jul 2013 14:03

loyalroyal4life sorry why get rid of Alf?

Because he is shit

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Jul 2013 10:57

One8Seven1
winchester_royal
One8Seven1 They're all in a different world thinking we'll signing anyone for more than a couple of million at the most this summer.

lol, you patronising cretin

It's been confirmed that we've at the very least enquired about Hooper. We wouldn't do that if we weren't willing to pay a fee around the 4/5 million mark for the right player.

We also wouldn't do that unless we wanted good PR. Adkins refused to be drawn on any player speculation today, no names, no hints, but said he expects a couple more to come in. So you think he would quite happily admit publicly we want Hooper? Perhaps you're the cretin if you believe everything a journo says.

Nothing official about Hooper, Sharp or Austin has ever come from the management. Also update today:

“I know I’ve been linked with players, maybe because I’ve had them before or we’ve played against them or whatever.

“That’s just part and parcel of what it all is.

“If and when something needs to be announced, we’ll do it.”

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 05 Jul 2013 12:48

Crosby confirmed we had enquired about hooper

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Jul 2013 13:09

URZZZZZ Crosby confirmed we had enquired about hooper

Enquired.

Crosby: Hi Neil, how much you lot after for Hooper then?
Lennon: £5m plus add-ons mate and not a penny fecking less!
Crosby: Ah well, I'll tell the media and it'll make us look ambitious if nothing else.
Lennon: Feck arf!

:roll:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Jul 2013 13:16

Similar to blyth I have that feeling that something massive is going to happen soon...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Jul 2013 13:19

maffff Similar to blyth I have that feeling that something massive is going to happen soon...

Just a feeling, or has someone given you a reason to think we're close to another signing?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 05 Jul 2013 13:21

SPARTA

Enquired.

Crosby: Ah well, I'll tell the media and it'll make us look ambitious if nothing else.

One thing that will always make me smile about some fans on here, their pessimism and negativity,

In the unlikely event we rolled Hooper out for the media circus, having signed him for oooo £7M say, within the hour someone would be on here saying 'Well, he's not Lionel Messi is he?' or 'For that amount we could have got xxxxxx'. Or of course that we enquire after players, get a price, start to negotiate a deal and then go '£5M? Oh sorry I only bought some tictacs and a packet of chocolate buttons.' :roll: Think we might have been getting a reputation by now if we were messing people about.

I should add I didn't mean to pick out Sparta's post. I just don't do 'conspiracy' theories that well and Sparta's not the only one who's used this sort of line.
Last edited by Elm Park Pasty on 05 Jul 2013 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Jul 2013 13:26

SPARTA
maffff Similar to blyth I have that feeling that something massive is going to happen soon...

Just a feeling, or has someone given you a reason to think we're close to another signing?

Just a feeling.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 05 Jul 2013 14:02

maffff
SPARTA

Just a feeling.

It's quiet...

Too quiet...

:?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Jul 2013 15:37

We know that, the club spoke to his reps a couple of weeks ago. Presumably we're waiting to see if anything comes of Hulls interest....

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Jul 2013 16:05

Elm Park Pasty
SPARTA

Enquired.

One thing that will always make me smile about some fans on here, their pessimism and negativity,

In the unlikely event we rolled Hooper out for the media circus, having signed him for oooo £7M say, within the hour someone would be on here saying 'Well, he's not Lionel Messi is he?' or 'For that amount we could have got xxxxxx'. Or of course that we enquire after players, get a price, start to negotiate a deal and then go '£5M? Oh sorry I only bought some tictacs and a packet of chocolate buttons.' :roll: Think we might have been getting a reputation by now if we were messing people about.

I should add I didn't mean to pick out Sparta's post. I just don't do 'conspiracy' theories that well and Sparta's not the only one who's used this sort of line.

SPARTA is probably the worst poster on these forums, so you might have latched onto something.

imHobb

by imHobb » 05 Jul 2013 16:09

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... er-targets
Adkins-"We're pleased with the business we've done early and I'm sure there will be a bit more business to be done."

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 05 Jul 2013 16:31

LoyalRoyalFan
Elm Park Pasty
SPARTA
Enquired.

SPARTA is probably the worst poster on these forums, so you might have latched onto something.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Jul 2013 19:38

LoyalRoyalFan
Elm Park Pasty
SPARTA
Enquired.

Massive -1 to you, disagreed.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 05 Jul 2013 19:44

LoyalRoyalFan

sparta is one of the better posters on this forum mate.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Jul 2013 20:07

If latching onto everything on Twitter as gospel is anything to go by, then he certainly is.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jul 2013 21:59

LoyalRoyalFan

Don't do yourself down.

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 06 Jul 2013 02:48

USA_Loyal_Royal

Slightly off topic but does anyone else think this looks like the fresh prince being interrupted whilst being noshed?

One8Seven1

UNRELIABLE BULLSH*T - The Reading Chronicle

by One8Seven1 » 06 Jul 2013 12:12

Ex-Reading youth team striker Charlie Austin, 23, is another potential target following earlier links in January while 29-year-old free agent Nicky Bailey is also on the radar having left Middlesbrough.

In addition, sources say Southampton strikers Billy Sharp and Ricky Lambert as well as Fulham's ex-Royals midfield enforcer Steve Sidwell are attracting Reading's interest.

Sources they say! Those 'sources' were ITK kids accounts on Twitter and the rumours first originated on that football-rumours website. I'm not surprised by the Chronicle's failings in the sports department, but this is totally unacceptable journalism.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: UNRELIABLE BULLSH*T - The Reading Chronicle

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2013 12:13

Or is it exceptional journalism?

no.. no it isn't..

801 posts