2013 Summer Transfer Window

801 posts
SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window

by SydenhamRoyal » 22 Jul 2013 17:39

maffff
Josh Webb has been on trial at Aldershot, apparently looked poor.

I believe he was substituted after 25 minutes, on the basis of how poor he was, in a friendly played against Eastleigh

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Jul 2013 16:04

on Twitter "Chesher" - @BJMC18 pointed out that Reading retweeted a guy that's just finished a week trial at Reading

John Schroeder @SchroederJ10

Young american player. He plays for Albion Hurricanes and has just site he's down as right back / midfield / striker. Has #70 on their site.

Recently been at both Saint Mary's University Soccer Academy and University of North Carolina Soccer Academy camps, so he's putting himself out a bit.

He's in their class of 2015 so I guess would come at a [nominal] fee.

Looks like on their website we have a good link with Albion Hurricanes and they've sent people over before, also he got a mention a year ot two back about spendin time with us and being involved in trials over there too. So it looks like he's been monitored for a while.

Not sure if this relates to this year or they are staggering when they are over but there's also Charlie Meacham and Vieri Joya getting a mention as being over July to August.

More good work from Lee Herron is seems in getting these things establishing.

jellytot

by jellytot » 26 Jul 2013 17:30

From what NA was saying in Get Reading it looks like we are unlikely to
Make a significant signing until we off load first. He talks about being in a
GOOD POSITION.. am i reading it right or barking up the wrong tree? We probably need
To get the pog off our wage bill first. Hope i am wrong but it seems to be the same old
Tight fisted Reading we all secretly love! At least we got the cat 1 status I suppose.

Anyone think another signing will be made in the next week?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jul 2013 18:39

I hope so but I get the feeling that any business will be done closer to the end of the window.

Being cynical, I do sometimes think that there is talk of new players at the same time when the club is trying to push season ticket sales and then it goes quiet.

Very happy with the new players so far and if we can get a new striker and a a creative midfielder, I will be over the moon.

A top signing on transfer deadline day will do.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Jul 2013 19:22

jellytot From what NA was saying in Get Reading it looks like we are unlikely to
Make a significant signing until we off load first. He talks about being in a
GOOD POSITION.. am i reading it right or barking up the wrong tree? We probably need
To get the pog off our wage bill first. Hope i am wrong but it seems to be the same old
Tight fisted Reading we all secretly love! At least we got the cat 1 status I suppose.

Anyone think another signing will be made in the next week?

AZ implied almost exactly that in Get Reading a couple of weeks ago. He said we had two players in each position and 4 strikers already. I am sure that Pog still being here is why we have not brought one in yet. My gut feeling is that Pog will be gone and a new striker (probably already agreed) signed up within the next couple of weeks. The strongest possibilities would seem to be Sharp, Austin and Havanar at the moment.

jellytot

by jellytot » 26 Jul 2013 20:38

I agree our new signings have been good thus far. Especially think that Royston looks good.. biggest worry for him will be red cards!!

We do need another striker. Pog will have to go then we will have ALF, Roberts, newbie plus a host of wingers who can play up top too. Do not think we need anyone else. We may also lose McCarthy too.. I cannot see us keeping both McCarthy and Feds.

Have to bring on the kids too. Hope to see Obita play more this season. Which other kids will shine from the academy?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Jul 2013 20:58

blythspartan if we can get a new striker and a a creative midfielder, I will be over the moon.

Royston not good enough for you!? What has the club got to do?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jul 2013 21:51

Royal Ginger
blythspartan if we can get a new striker and a a creative midfielder, I will be over the moon.

Very happy with Royston and if we get no one else it will still have been a good window but I wouldn't turn down the above.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 27 Jul 2013 21:05

Royal Ginger

Royston is a winger. We need somebody creative in the middle to play off the lone striker

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 27 Jul 2013 21:07

It's quite obvious we will play one upfront this season, 4231 or 433. Le Fondre can't play up front on his own and Pog seems to be on his way, and isn't really mobile enough anyway. A forward that can play upfront on his own should be an absolute priority.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 27 Jul 2013 22:11

There are good players around who are available on loan or to buy, Sinclair or Vaz Te would both add to our squad and we have looked at them before. The top 4 clubs in the Prem are all in transition and some young players may not get a look-in - a loan may be good. Rhodes, Austin etc. are still in the Championship and we desperately need a Striker. We are supposed to have far more finance than anyone else except Wigan (Relegation payments (QPR are a financial write-off)) so why don't we go for them?

p.s. If we don't play 2 strikers at home, we might as well give up now. 4-5-1 may be OK away against Wigan but it is a 'Championship club in the Prem' formation. The Championship is normally about who scores most and concedes least. We currently have a bottom-six attack.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 27 Jul 2013 22:17

FridaysGhost The Championship is normally about who scores most and concedes least. We currently have a bottom-six attack.

So what are the other leagues about then?

As for having a bottom six attack, that is quite frankly, laughable.

jellytot

by jellytot » 27 Jul 2013 22:35

Hope we get on with it and sign a striker this week. Still powder puff going forward.

Need some positive results and luck early to build confidence. Hope we are not screwing up another preseason/transfer window.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 27 Jul 2013 22:38

Wycombe Royal
FridaysGhost The Championship is normally about who scores most and concedes least. We currently have a bottom-six attack.

NO - Our supposed Attack is laughable! Even mid-table teams have better Strikers than us - check out Blackburn or Burnley.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Jul 2013 22:44

jellytot Hope we get on with it and sign a striker this week. Still powder puff going forward.

Need some positive results and luck early to build confidence. Hope we are not screwing up another preseason/transfer window.

It's not a striker we need. Got loads of them. Need a decent midfielder who will link up with the striker.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Jul 2013 22:45

Where is Bignall?

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 27 Jul 2013 22:56

Yes, Bignall might be able to convince the idiots on this site that we need two class Strikers!

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 27 Jul 2013 22:58

FridaysGhost
Wycombe Royal

NO - Our supposed Attack is laughable! Even mid-table teams have better Strikers than us - check out Blackburn or Burnley.

Jordan Rhodes and Charlie Austin are so much better than the clubs they currently play for and will both end up in the Premier League at some point soon. (Austin very nearly did.)
Le Fondre will score if presented with the opportunities to do so which requires service, Pog is easily good enough for this level as is Roberts if he gets back to fitness. That being said I do feel that signing one more would benefit us but I would definitely not be jumping off bridges if we didn't. Dominic Samuel is getting rave reviews in the academy teams so we could already have our new striker if he can step up to the Championship.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 27 Jul 2013 23:09

FridaysGhost
Wycombe Royal

You can't argue with an idiot.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Jul 2013 23:11

You can and it is much more fun!

801 posts