Speculation - Gary Mackay-Steven

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Unbelievable Jeff

Speculation - Gary Mackay-Steven

by Unbelievable Jeff » 14 Jan 2015 21:53

From what I've seen he's definitely got potential... With Clarke developing him I think he could be a good addition especially at a cut cost, worth the risk IMO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30799180

Tommio

Re: Speculation - Gary Mackay-Steven

by Tommio » 14 Jan 2015 22:00

@24footballnws: Dundee United say they will only part with Celtic target Gary Mackay-Steven this month if they receive a bid of £250,000.
That's the rumour on Twitter, that's a bargain imo.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jan 2015 14:22

There is some exciting young players at hearts that seem to be taking that league in there stride that may be worth looking at. its always a worry whether Scottish players from lower teams cant step up to the championship level.

Gilksy

by Gilksy » 15 Jan 2015 14:56

linkenholtroyal There is some exciting young players at hearts that seem to be taking that league in there stride that may be worth looking at. its always a worry whether Scottish players from lower teams cant step up to the championship level.

Who's paying for them then?

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 15 Jan 2015 14:56

Celtic rumoured to be interested, at £250k they'd have no trouble. So it'll be a question of whether he wants to stay in Scotland or not.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jan 2015 15:50

Gilksy
linkenholtroyal There is some exciting young players at hearts that seem to be taking that league in there stride that may be worth looking at. its always a worry whether Scottish players from lower teams cant step up to the championship level.

Who's paying for them then?

Maybe stupidly due to the division hearts are in and there financial uncertainty they would probably be affordable options

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jan 2015 21:45

With Rangers looking more likely to be marooned in the wilderness for another year, Celtic really are the one big show in town in Scotland. However, If i was a promising young player in Scotland, I'd have serious doubts about joining them as it stands , it's a hiding to nothing and the decent football is being played bt the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United anyway. Celtic have seriously regressed since Rangers got demoted and the only reason to go to Celtic is money. You can get comparable, if not better in the Championship and I'd like to think that a player with any ambition would look south of the border.

Not suggesting we'd have a sniff at getting him but he does look a decent player.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 16 Jan 2015 16:19

He's signed a pre-contract agreement to go to Celtic in the summer so won't be coming here.

Portsmouth Royal

by Portsmouth Royal » 16 Jan 2015 19:34

If 250,000 was the likely asking price it was always going to be 4 zeros too many price wise. The club have been pretty explicit that there is more or less nothing in the kitty.

Safe to say a bit of wriggle room means a low wage free transfer, maybe two. Very likely dismissing Adkins and his backroom staff will have eaten up any transfer budget

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1