SPECULATION - Maarten Stekelenburg

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

SPECULATION - Maarten Stekelenburg

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Jun 2015 14:51

Loan has finished and has returned to fulham after only 1 game at Monaco last season, Jesse Joronen and Marcus Bettinelli had been favoured over him and since going out on loan they also signed Gabor Kiraly making him 4th choice. Kit Symons has all but said he can leave. Having spent the last 3 years warming benches might jump at the chance to be an undisputed number 1

Coppelled_Streets

Re: SPECULATION - Maarten Stekelenburg

by Coppelled_Streets » 02 Jun 2015 15:04

Fulham clearly don't think much of him if he's become 4th choice. New Reading number one? Really? Feels a bit of a leap of faith tbh.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Jun 2015 15:11

Coppelled_Streets Fulham clearly don't think much of him if he's become 4th choice. New Reading number one? Really? Feels a bit of a leap of faith tbh.

how do you mean? the man clearly has ability 54 caps and a wealth of experience playing for top european clubs

Mr ReadingFC

by Mr ReadingFC » 02 Jun 2015 15:17

WoodleyRoyal
Coppelled_Streets Fulham clearly don't think much of him if he's become 4th choice. New Reading number one? Really? Feels a bit of a leap of faith tbh.

how do you mean? the man clearly has ability 54 caps and a wealth of experience playing for top european clubs

Just cries WCBAP

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 02 Jun 2015 15:21

He would be a great signing but would cost far too much.

I still think Foderingham will come in. I would imagine he's still on holiday after the play-offs, so give it a couple of weeks and he could be on his way in.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Jun 2015 15:21

Mr ReadingFC
WoodleyRoyal

Just cries WCBAP

Maybe, but not playing for the last three years and slipping down the pecking order is not really putting him on the front foot when commanding a large wage packet, but who knows. If we can afford him i doubt we could get better

JamesWN

by JamesWN » 02 Jun 2015 15:32

WoodleyRoyal

Would personally take Foderingham over Stekelenburg purely because of the 8 year age difference as well as demanding a less damaging wage packet.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 02 Jun 2015 15:33

WoodleyRoyal

Yet Fulham feel they have three better keepers, and look where they finished last season. Just not convinced, sorry.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Jun 2015 15:52

I can only imagine he's slipped down the pecking order at Fulham due to wages and he was being farmed out on loan because they couldn't afford him.

He's clearly a very good keeper, but I can't say he's one I think we could afford.

Woodley-RFC

by Woodley-RFC » 02 Jun 2015 16:42

Fods Is on holiday I think by next week he be a royal....... I have book my flight to Bangkok, on 5 July✈️

JamesWN

by JamesWN » 02 Jun 2015 16:45

Woodley-RFC Fods Is on holiday I think by next week he be a royal....... I have book my flight to Bangkok, on 5 July✈️

I would love to see him here, but i think Birmingham would stump up more £££

Woodley-RFC

by Woodley-RFC » 02 Jun 2015 16:51

JamesWN
Woodley-RFC Fods Is on holiday I think by next week he be a royal....... I have book my flight to Bangkok, on 5 July✈️

no he won't go to brum . done a deal with reading. he not going to Brum, be cos he live in Swindon just up the m4 to reading... so make sence won't travel up there to brum
Fods to be a royal

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 02 Jun 2015 22:42

If you read woodleys comments he sounds like he's from Bangkok, put a Asian accent over it and it makes sense

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Jun 2015 22:45

Woodley-RFC
JamesWN

no he won't go to brum . done a deal with reading. he not going to Brum, be cos he live in Swindon just up the m4 to reading... so make sence won't travel up there to brum
Fods to be a royal

Nice work dave

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 03 Jun 2015 09:10

Oooh, oooh - I actually know something about this bloke. I'm Gr8 m8s with one of the Fulham Academy Goalkeeping coaches. He (and most people at the club) think Stekelenburg is absolute turd.

janesdaddy

by janesdaddy » 04 Jun 2015 03:47

WoodleyRoyal

Our recent history of success with former Fulham players that had European experience (Spartak, Zenit, Stuttgart) hasn't been great.

King van der Kwaak

by King van der Kwaak » 04 Jun 2015 14:47

The Sun have reported today that Fulham want at least £2 million for Stekelenburg, and that Southampton are favourites to sign him. I think this one is a non-goer, wages & cost isn't worth it.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 04 Jun 2015 15:00

Woodley-RFC
JamesWN

Fods to be a royal

Source ?
And i dont mean the sticky white mess running down your leg !

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 04 Jun 2015 15:38

Woodley-RFC
JamesWN

Fods to be a royal

Charles Watts says today we're out of the race and he'll most likely go to Brum..

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jun 2015 18:35

janesdaddy
WoodleyRoyal

Our recent history of success with former Fulham players that had European experience (Spartak, Zenit, Stuttgart) hasn't been great.

We've done alright with keepers who weren't able to get games at Fulham, get sent on loan etc etc etc