RUMOUR - Robert Beric

674 posts
dogzbollox

Re: RUMOUR - Robert Beric

by dogzbollox » 06 Jul 2015 20:03

Nameless If we do get Beric I'm upping my demands and want a world class left winger ( say Portugese, maybe ex Man Utd) , a German left back and someone with around 80 Argentina caps position immaterial.
Padded seats, West Berks ale throughout the ground and a view of the Himalayas from the back of the North Stand are also essentials

Think the beer would have to be Carlsberg to get that lot ...

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 06 Jul 2015 20:48

It's looking like this one is going to happen.

http://sportnet.at/home/fussball/bundesliga/Rapid/4770360/Abgang-schon-fix-Rapid-Wien-fahndet-eifrig-nach-BericNachfolger

Loosely translated.

Much no longer speaks for the whereabouts of Robert Beric at Rapid . Sporting director Andreas Müller will present a successor in the event of cases as soon as possible . It could be one of the Austrian Bundesliga .

It seems slowly to be certainty : Robert Beric ' days are numbered in green white , the coveted top striker is about to jump . According to media reports the English club Reading FC should be prepared to be 5.4 million euros wander for 24 years Slovenians across the table to Vienna

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 06 Jul 2015 20:59

Oilroyal It's looking like this one is going to happen.

http://sportnet.at/home/fussball/bundesliga/Rapid/4770360/Abgang-schon-fix-Rapid-Wien-fahndet-eifrig-nach-BericNachfolger

Loosely translated.

Much no longer speaks for the whereabouts of Robert Beric at Rapid . Sporting director Andreas Müller will present a successor in the event of cases as soon as possible . It could be one of the Austrian Bundesliga .

It seems slowly to be certainty : Robert Beric ' days are numbered in green white , the coveted top striker is about to jump . According to media reports the English club Reading FC should be prepared to be 5.4 million euros wander for 24 years Slovenians across the table to Vienna

WOW..... would be a major sign of intent

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Jul 2015 21:05

Oilroyal It's looking like this one is going to happen.

Loosely translated.

That's almost word for word just a rehash of the story printed in the Kurier yesterday .... so they've just repeated it .... and doesn't really add any more credibility. However, there is no doubt that Reading have made an offer and that we're after him .....

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 06 Jul 2015 21:36

dogzbollox
Nameless If we do get Beric I'm upping my demands and want a world class left winger ( say Portugese, maybe ex Man Utd) , a German left back and someone with around 80 Argentina caps position immaterial.
Padded seats, West Berks ale throughout the ground and a view of the Himalayas from the back of the North Stand are also essentials

Think the beer would have to be Carlsberg to get that lot ...

Probably

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 06 Jul 2015 21:39

Not reading through 10 pages of this, so apologies if late to the party or not - but was told over the weekend that this deal is complete and to be announced imminently. Fee is €5m.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 06 Jul 2015 21:57

Big Foot Not reading through 10 pages of this, so apologies if late to the party or not - but was told over the weekend that this deal is complete and to be announced imminently. Fee is €5m.

FMG :shock:

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 06 Jul 2015 21:58

What the actual fcuk. I thought 2m would be our absolute maximum total transfer kitty this summer.

How rich are our new owners FFS

Im nervous

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 06 Jul 2015 22:11

By all accounts they're billionaires with a plan for bigger things. Interesting times.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 06 Jul 2015 22:15

Oilroyal By all accounts they're billionaires with a plan for bigger things. Interesting times.

Have you not been following the rest of the threads on here? They are all asset stripping, money grabbing property developers with no interest in the football club only the land. :oops: :wink: :(

Or, you are right, this is a new Reading and close to the one we were expecting when they took over. :D :D :D :D

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Jul 2015 22:18

It does make all the gnashing and clawing on this wonderful board just a couple of weeks ago look a tad daft.

But its so unlike the team board to overreact based on minimal evidence so we should probably forgive them :)

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 06 Jul 2015 22:47

West Stand Man
Oilroyal By all accounts they're billionaires with a plan for bigger things. Interesting times.

Have you not been following the rest of the threads on here? They are all asset stripping, money grabbing property developers with no interest in the football club only the land. :oops: :wink: :(

Or, you are right, this is a new Reading and close to the one we were expecting when they took over. :D :D :D :D

Been following it with interest. I just can't help thinking that the appointment of SC just didn't happen after Birmingham slapped us for 6. The Thais have a well thought through plan and the money, connections (sponsorship) and integrity to back it. SC is very much part of their plan and has the backing to achieve his objectives. I for one will be taking a leaf out of the Thais book and just quietly get on with supporting our team, although odds of 40/1 for outright promotion is a tempting shout.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 06 Jul 2015 23:09

I'm still not sure the Thais have put any money in yet, but a £3m+ for Beric would surely mean they have done. Maybe that will be their first spend and a real statement of intent.

We know the wage bill is more than what the club makes, but they are talking about ways to make the club money, like building that concert arena etc which is a good idea, so things are looking positive.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 06 Jul 2015 23:47

RoyallyFcuked I'm still not sure the Thais have put any money in yet.

They've put money in and lots of it. It's been a slow burn but finally we're starting to see and hear from the owners.

Stepping stones from day one.

Form the consortium
Pay of the debt £25mil whilst keeping fans expectations low
Financially stabilise the day to day ruining of the club
Meet with planning authorities to discuss building plans to further underpin their business model
Gracefully move JM to one side
Pay off Adkins (positively) I couldn't resist, sorry
Appoint SC
Do just enough to keep the club up without panic buying in January and keeping expectations low
Extend Gunter and Mcclary's contracts
Move certain back room staff out
Allowed average players contracts to run down whilst showing them respect
Extend Hector's contract
Resign Fosu's contract
Confirm Thai Airways, Carabao and maintain Waitrose as main sponsors, sponsors some prem clubs would be proud of.
Sign in demand, above average experienced players on frees
Sign players for the u21s
Spend money on new signing fees (still ongoing)
Secure keeper cover while waiting for our main GK target to become available
Confirmed more players will be arriving, players identified by SC to the owners
Arranged a top media reception and club promotion in homeland.
Announce possible tv streams to Thailand of RFC games
Keep the fans expectations low!
Pay the bills!
Promote the club to new markets.

These things, all in such a short space of time on this scale just don't happen without real money, strategy planning, staff, organisation, contacts. I think we finally have ourselves some real owners with a plan and money to invest.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jul 2015 00:05

winchester_royal It does make all the gnashing and clawing on this wonderful board just a couple of weeks ago look a tad daft.

But its so unlike the team board to overreact based on minimal evidence so we should probably forgive them :)

This would be proper :shock: bonkers.

But let's not get carried away. We thought we had a rich owner who was prepared to commit plenty of money to take us places before. He certainly committed a lot of money for the club. Shame he never actually had it. To be honest this sort of signing makes me more worried, not less.

But I am weird.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jul 2015 00:09

Oilroyal
West Stand Man

Been following it with interest. I just can't help thinking that the appointment of SC just didn't happen after Birmingham slapped us for 6. The Thais have a well thought through plan and the money, connections (sponsorship) and integrity to back it. SC is very much part of their plan and has the backing to achieve his objectives. I for one will be taking a leaf out of the Thais book and just quietly get on with supporting our team, although odds of 40/1 for outright promotion is a tempting shout.

You think a managerial appointment within three(?) days didn't 'just happen'. No shit sherlock. There's no way we hadn't spoken to Clarke before the Birmingham match. We usually take at the very least a couple of weeks to appoint someone.

biff

by biff » 07 Jul 2015 00:34

His highlights reels are all tap ins. Obviously takes a lot of skill to be able to consistently be in the right place at the right time, but Mr Sa isnt the most mobile either. Wouldve loved to have chucked 5 mil euros on a european speedster.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 07 Jul 2015 00:42

Ian Royal
winchester_royal It does make all the gnashing and clawing on this wonderful board just a couple of weeks ago look a tad daft.

This would be proper :shock: bonkers.

But let's not get carried away. We thought we had a rich owner who was prepared to commit plenty of money to take us places before. He certainly committed a lot of money for the club. Shame he never actually had it. To be honest this sort of signing makes me more worried, not less.

But I am weird.

I'm normally very sceptical but I think the difference was with Anton we had something to lose in a well run club.

Since he fcked us almost to administration, then if the same happens again with the Thais we won't be any worse off than without them.

I don't believe any of them have claimed to be billionnaires and if you look at Nurin N then his full-time job is general manager of a tuna company (possibly the world's biggest) owned by the Dad of the new sheff Wed owner. To me he seems like a highly paid executive for sure, but a multimillionnaire in GBP?

However if not personally rich then they do appear to all be serious business people, Sasima S seems to have impressive credentials and qualifications.

The contacts with Carabao and Thai airways and the Bangkok reception seems to reinforce the impression the Thais are serious and have a plan to make money. And you only do that in the premiership.

So is it worth chucking say ten million quid at a promotion attempt and keeping Steve Clarke happy, even if you don't have all the cash and need to borrow it. (for all I know they may have it, I'm just assuming worst case.)

For the increased 100m+ jackpot? Easily.

So Beric....yes please as a statement of intent.

From the video of his goals though I reckon I'd have scored most of them!

TheBaldOne

by TheBaldOne » 07 Jul 2015 01:22

Is he even that good? Can anyone honestly say they have properly seen him play?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Jul 2015 01:33

I can't say with any certainty I've seen any of the new signings play
But then I'd never seen Doyle, Long, Hahnemann, Shorey, Murty, Harper or Convey play before we signed them and that seemed to work out ok.
Sometimes you just have to get caught up in the strange new positive vibe and enjoy it.....

674 posts