Potential New Owners

939 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Potential New Owners

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Oct 2023 08:49

Stranded Frankly no longer care who buys us, close to even welcoming the fantasist Storey at this point.

This is a slow painful death that will see us as a non-league side, at best, before we know it - either by 2 more relegations or as a phoenix club.

Whilst getting a new owner could make things worse, it is literally the only way it gets better.

I can understand the despair, but we have to look at the bigger picture. This dragging on for another 6 months condemns us to 6 more months of misery with L2 at the end of it, but if we get a good owner it would be worth it.

Whereas a quick fix now may improve things in the short term, but eventually lead to another slide in a few years time from a lower starting point.

There are plenty of hopeful stories out there like Coventry and Luton, and I expect Bolton and Portsmouth will be back in the Championship soon. We can bounce back from L2, but not if we get bought by another parasite.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Oct 2023 11:44

If a new owner makes it any worse than where we are with Dai, they would be out of the club pretty quickly, especially considering we've had winding up petitions, we'd be in administration and they'd be gone from there, obviously whether we'd get liquidated is different, but much more chance of that in L2 than in L1.

I'd agree, I'd even say I'd rather have Storey now and at worst he'd be worse than Dai, but keep us up this season hopefully before turning out like this again. I know there are no guarantees of anything, but anything is better than just hopelessly falling like we are.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2023 18:13

Reaching the point I'd take the club booking a one way trip to Dignatas and just folding over seeing out the season like this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2023 18:20

Reaching the point I'd take the club booking a one way trip to Dignatas and just folding over seeing out the season like this.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Oct 2023 08:09

YorkshireRoyal99 If a new owner makes it any worse than where we are with Dai, they would be out of the club pretty quickly, especially considering we've had winding up petitions, we'd be in administration and they'd be gone from there, obviously whether we'd get liquidated is different, but much more chance of that in L2 than in L1.

I'd agree, I'd even say I'd rather have Storey now and at worst he'd be worse than Dai, but keep us up this season hopefully before turning out like this again. I know there are no guarantees of anything, but anything is better than just hopelessly falling like we are.

If a new owner did make things worse within a season I would suggest that the FL would have to take at least a portion of the blame

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Oct 2023 08:28

Any new owner would have to pass O&D test. Which means they'd have to have the money to buy us, and fund us for at least a full season.

It won’t be able to tell if they're competent or will run out of money or interest in x years, but it will cover the above.

Buying the club itself will filter out the ones who aren’t interested. I can't see anyone spending millions on us with a plan to immediately destroy the club and trouser pence in the pound on their purchase price.

So as Stranded said, any new owner who a) wants to buy us and b) passes the requirements to do so is a dramatic short term improvement.

Secondly, the damage they can do to us through reckless overspending like Dai did is extremely limited in the medium term, thanks to the embargos, unless they're generously lifted for a new owner. As we won’t be able to spend on transfers, plus may well be restricted on squad size and wage offers.

Pretty much the worst they could do is sell all our talent to start recovering some of their investment, but that just harms their longer term ability to recover it all or make a profit. Or downsize the club's facilities, which might be required anyway.

They may still deliver on field failure, that's always an option, but by nature of being a successful buyer they absolutely improve the short and medium term stability of the club's finances and off field operations.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Oct 2023 08:49

Snowflake Royal Any new owner would have to pass O&D test. Which means they'd have to have the money to buy us, and fund us for at least a full season.

It won’t be able to tell if they're competent or will run out of money or interest in x years, but it will cover the above.

Buying the club itself will filter out the ones who aren’t interested. I can't see anyone spending millions on us with a plan to immediately destroy the club and trouser pence in the pound on their purchase price.

So as Stranded said, any new owner who a) wants to buy us and b) passes the requirements to do so is a dramatic short term improvement.

Secondly, the damage they can do to us through reckless overspending like Dai did is extremely limited in the medium term, thanks to the embargos, unless they're generously lifted for a new owner. As we won’t be able to spend on transfers, plus may well be restricted on squad size and wage offers.

Pretty much the worst they could do is sell all our talent to start recovering some of their investment, but that just harms their longer term ability to recover it all or make a profit. Or downsize the club's facilities, which might be required anyway.

They may still deliver on field failure, that's always an option, but by nature of being a successful buyer they absolutely improve the short and medium term stability of the club's finances and off field operations.

Well thought out. Storey in. We can certainly discount "out of the frying pan into the fire". We're currently in a steel coking furnace.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Oct 2023 09:34

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal Any new owner would have to pass O&D test. Which means they'd have to have the money to buy us, and fund us for at least a full season.

Well thought out. Storey in. We can certainly discount "out of the frying pan into the fire". We're currently in a steel coking furnace.

Somewhat happily, as he's a mad compulsive liar, Storey can't afford us.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 26 Oct 2023 10:15

Teams have had player-managers before but Storey will probably want to be the first owner-manager. Might be doing his badges even now...

Dulwich Royal

by Dulwich Royal » 26 Oct 2023 10:22

I think Ron Noades was the owner and manager of Brentford at one time

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Oct 2023 10:34

morganb Teams have had player-managers before but Storey will probably want to be the first owner-manager. Might be doing his badges even now...

If he knows any formation apart from 4-2-2-2 he`ll do for me.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Oct 2023 10:41

Dulwich Royal I think Ron Noades was the owner and manager of Brentford at one time

He was indeed. Bought Brentford in 1998 and became manager in July that year, stayed on as manager until late 2000. Won promotion back to the third tier at the first time of asking in 98/99 so knew what he was doing too.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2023 13:33

Who is Lord Treeby? Does he have money, or just a fancy name? He's a Reading fan, been active on the hashtag today and is at the training ground.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2023 13:35

Lord Treeby current works for a UK based ICT Lifecycle Service Provider as a Senior Manager

Lol, ok, maybe not.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Oct 2023 13:46

Pepe the Horseman
Lord Treeby current works for a UK based ICT Lifecycle Service Provider as a Senior Manager

Lol, ok, maybe not.

Maybe he’s taking over the manager’s job from Ruben. He might know how to play more than one style of football.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Oct 2023 15:04

Pepe the Horseman

Lol, ok, maybe not.

He appears to now be a holiday let consultant and amateur photographer, according to his LinkdIn profile. His personal website was last updated in 2018.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 26 Oct 2023 15:11

hes got his own website and his house looks expnsive

https://www.treeby.co.uk/

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2023 15:12

From Despair To Where?
Pepe the Horseman

Lol, ok, maybe not.

He appears to now be a holiday let consultant and amateur photographer, according to his LinkdIn profile. His personal website was last updated in 2018.

I've got a good feeling about this.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2023 15:13

Brogue hes got his own website and his house looks expnsive

https://www.treeby.co.uk/

The website alone must be worth millions.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Oct 2023 10:13

Mike Ashley's big chopper

939 posts