Potential New Owners

939 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Potential New Owners

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Nov 2023 17:26

WestYorksRoyal Weren't we meant to see progress in exclusivity this week? Why can't Dai just fcuk off and give us something to be positive about for the first time in 6 years?

I think we hoped, but nothing more.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Nov 2023 17:30

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan
I can see him turning them all down tbh.

Not sure. I know several sources have reported him holding out for an unrealistic price, but discussions have been ongoing for months. I think seeing 4 offers on the table will be a pretty stark message that what's available is as good as it gets. What is his masterplan if he turns them all down?

I also wonder if he needs cash. He recently sold a mansion in Sydney, his London mansion is on right move. I don't think this is a game for him.

I really hope he does sell as I want this never ending nightmare to be over. I hate to admit it, but I think it’s affecting my mood and not for the better.

I know there are 4 bidders, but Ashley ticks all the boxes for me. Obviously, I know nothing about the other bids, but I just feel Ashley would take the sensible approach to bring us success and bring some much needed stability.

Ashley's big advantage will be speed / simplicity of sale. He would sail through EFL checks and it could be done in weeks. By comparison, an overseas consortium or PE fund would take a long time to go through funding sources, money laundering checks etc.,. If Dai wants a quick sale, Ashley is the man. What we don't know is how much all the parties have offered, and obviously this will have an impact.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Nov 2023 17:31

Let's hope none of the bidders are associated with Chris Samuelson.

Although if they are we could publicly lynch him on the pitch to celebrate their first home game in charge.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Nov 2023 18:29

The longer Dai leaves it, the less the club is worth

Hopefully he realises that and accepts one of these bids and we can start to see the end of this miserable chapter

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Nov 2023 18:31

Was getting a hair cut yesterday and in my barber's words (a Liverpool season ticket holder), Ashley can turn shit into cash.

Reckons he'd get us back up the leagues then sell us for a skipload of profit. Seems it's only Newcastle fans who don't see it. All thinks being equal, he would be the only game in town.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Nov 2023 19:28

From Despair To Where? Was getting a hair cut yesterday and in my barber's words (a Liverpool season ticket holder), Ashley can turn shit into cash.

Reckons he'd get us back up the leagues then sell us for a skipload of profit. Seems it's only Newcastle fans who don't see it. All thinks being equal, he would be the only game in town.

He buys big brand names cheap then reproduces their range of goods on the cheap, selling them to people at prices not that much less than those charged by the big brands prior to him buying them by convincing them they are getting a fantastic saving.

If he can do the same with football clubs and players he'll be ideal for us!

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 17 Nov 2023 15:42

Isn't that pretty much what Nicky Hammond used to do for us?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 17 Nov 2023 18:17

6ft Kerplunk Isn't that pretty much what Nicky Hammond used to do for us?

Yup, and he was regularly mocked on here for it....

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Nov 2023 09:44

Losing Squeaky was absolutely the turning point for the club

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Nov 2023 10:57

Franchise FC Losing Squeaky was absolutely the turning point for the club

Not convinced. The owners since would not have listened to him. BT did a good recruitment job and got forced out. Nigel Howe came back as CEO and subsequently resigned. Losing good people is a symptom; not the illness.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Nov 2023 21:24

Linden Jones' Tash

Was he? I remember everyone thought he was absolutely brilliant. This was the man who got 500k for Hippo Hughes.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Nov 2023 07:48

leon
Linden Jones' Tash

Was he? I remember everyone thought he was absolutely brilliant. This was the man who got 500k for Hippo Hughes.

Any mocking was usually because whilst he was very good at his job he didn't look like he should be. Playground stuff really but most people realised what an excellent job he did for us.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Nov 2023 08:34

So is the current expectation that Dai will reject all the offers on the table? Shame these things can't be evaluated and the decision made by an independent organisation.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Nov 2023 08:53

Stranded
leon
Linden Jones' Tash

Any mocking was usually because whilst he was very good at his job he didn't look like he should be. Playground stuff really but most people realised what an excellent job he did for us.

This is how I remember it as well.

Can't remember anyone ever mocking him for the job he used to do.

The Andy Hughes transfer will live long in the memory.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Nov 2023 09:01

Hendo
Stranded
leon

This is how I remember it as well.

Can't remember anyone ever mocking him for the job he used to do.

The Andy Hughes transfer will live long in the memory.

Fans called him "Squeaky". Says everything you need to know about them.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Nov 2023 09:03

Sutekh So is the current expectation that Dai will reject all the offers on the table? Shame these things can't be evaluated and the decision made by an independent organisation.

Probably trying to play the bidders off against each other and squeeze any additional value he can out of them.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 22 Nov 2023 09:10

Stranded
leon
Linden Jones' Tash

I think most of the complaints was regarding signings - not spending enough money. We've proven under Dai that spending money is pointless if you don't know how to identify a good player.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2023 11:27

Clyde1998
Stranded
leon

I think most of the complaints was regarding signings - not spending enough money. We've proven under Dai that spending money is pointless if you don't know how to identify a good player.

in the same week (day?) we sold Hughes to Norwich we signed Gunnarsson for 350K. That's all you really need to know,

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Nov 2023 11:35

leon
Clyde1998
Stranded

in the same week (day?) we sold Hughes to Norwich we signed Gunnarsson for 350K. That's all you really need to know,

Sold Hughes on 21st July 2005.
Signed Gunnarsson on 1st July 2005 (assume when the transfer window opened).

But yes a superb bit of business.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2023 11:48

Sutekh So is the current expectation that Dai will reject all the offers on the table? Shame these things can't be evaluated and the decision made by an independent organisation.

I mean you keep saying it is, but I don’t see many agreeing.

939 posts