Mallik Wilks

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Mallik Wilks

by Clyde1998 » 31 May 2024 15:18

Pete O'Rourke is suggesting on Twitter we're in for Mallik Wilks from Sheffield Wednesday, along with Charlton and Stockport.

"Charlton, Reading and Stockport are keen on signing Sheffield Wednesday attacker Mallik Wilks either on loan or on a permanent deal this summer." [link]

Obviously in our case, that would be on loan.

Seems to be a winger, who could play up top. Scored 19 in 44 in his last League One season he played regularly (for Hull in 2020-21) and 14 in 46 in his previous season (for Doncaster in 2018-19).

He hasn't really featured much for Sheffield Wednesday since going there - 31 league games in two seasons.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Mallik Wilks

by Sutekh » 31 May 2024 15:27

Rather have Clive

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 31 May 2024 17:44

I goal in 2 seasons and he's under contract anyway so a non starter

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 31 May 2024 17:48

Mid Sussex Royal I goal in 2 seasons and he's under contract anyway so a non starter

As a loanee, it may be possible. I'd guess Charlton and Stockport could be more likely to get him if Sheffield Wednesday want to sell him this summer.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jun 2024 14:29

Clyde1998
Mid Sussex Royal I goal in 2 seasons and he's under contract anyway so a non starter

As a loanee, it may be possible. I'd guess Charlton and Stockport could be more likely to get him if Sheffield Wednesday want to sell him this summer.

And if he's barely played there they may want to get him off the books, so it's possible it could be a free transfer.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 01 Jun 2024 16:56

Why would he want want to come to this club? He might not gat paid, management staff getting banned, maybe new owners, maybe not, etc. Unless he isn't wanted by any other club, of course.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jun 2024 18:15

The Royal Forester Why would he want want to come to this club? He might not gat paid, management staff getting banned, maybe new owners, maybe not, etc. Unless he isn't wanted by any other club, of course.

Well, I'd hazard new owners or not would have a pretty big influence on whether it could happen.

But apart from that, Howe will be irrelevent, Bowen won't necessarily be barred at the point he might sign and if he is there are other people in the club to do that role. Manager is far more important to a player than Bowen's position. We have one of the top stadiums in the division, probably the best training facilities, and a fairly competitive squad, but with room for him to make an impression.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 01 Jun 2024 19:07

Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester Why would he want want to come to this club? He might not gat paid, management staff getting banned, maybe new owners, maybe not, etc. Unless he isn't wanted by any other club, of course.

Well, I'd hazard new owners or not would have a pretty big influence on whether it could happen.

But apart from that, Howe will be irrelevent, Bowen won't necessarily be barred at the point he might sign and if he is there are other people in the club to do that role. Manager is far more important to a player than Bowen's position. We have one of the top stadiums in the division, probably the best training facilities, and a fairly competitive squad, but with room for him to make an impression.

This +1 today we are still a laughing stock of a club still hanging in their by our fingernails, however, this time next Saturday we may well easily be one of the most attractive clubs in the first division.....with lots going for us. (If the takeover goes through :D )

Footballs a strange game.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Jun 2024 16:57

Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal

This +1 today we are still a laughing stock of a club still hanging in their by our fingernails, however, this time next Saturday we may well easily be one of the most attractive clubs in the first division.....with lots going for us. (If the takeover goes through :D )

I really hope you’re right but that feels unbelievably optimistic at this point

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jun 2024 17:53

Franchise FC
Crowbar6753
Snowflake Royal Well, I'd hazard new owners or not would have a pretty big influence on whether it could happen.

I really hope you’re right but that feels unbelievably optimistic at this point

I think you have to work on the assumption that until talks actually and publicly fail, it's just a matter of time until its done and things are better.

The timing of it being dones affect our likely league position, with the later its done the lower we can expect to be. But until its done, just having club next season is still a good outcome.

It is starting to get nervy now we're in June, but we've still got most of a solid month before it gets really damaging. Remember all the problems we had making signings last season, with a far weaker squad, and we still got some good deals done and survived.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Jun 2024 07:34

If this lad has offers from other clubs I don’t see us standing a chance of signing him. However, at least there’s still a long time left until players have to commit to signing for a club. I guess like last season we’ve identified plenty of options and it’s just a waiting game now.

At least we have a really good foundation with a solid spine to the team. We had playoff form after November and I can only see our younger players improving next season. I am more concerned about losing players than signing new ones tbh.

I think Selles will also improve as a manager and my worry is that what he did under difficult conditions last season won’t have gone unnoticed. I keep having a horrible feeling that a club like Sunderland might come in for him. Spanish and German coaches are very popular atm.

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1