Rumour - Jordan Ayew

208 posts
Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Jordan Ayew

by Mike Hunt » 23 Aug 2012 15:40

SpaceCruiser
chilipepper91
winchester_royal He was awesome on Fifa World Cup 2010.

For that reason I am IN.

Also good on FM. Chili approved.

THEY ARE NOT REAL LIFE.

:?:

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 23 Aug 2012 16:26

Are you saying, Spacey, that Fifa World Cup 2010 and FM don't exist??? Maybe in your Universe.....

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 23 Aug 2012 17:12

McDermott is mystified by the rumour:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8011844

Jordan Ayew: No truth in reports linking him with move to Reading
....Reading boss Brian McDermott admits he is in the dark over reports linking the club with Marseille's Jordan Ayew.
Reports in England and France have suggested the Premier League new boys are lining up a move for the highly-rated Ayew.
Marseille are believed to be willing to sell a number of their top players to raise funds after failing to qualify for this season's UEFA Champions League.
Ayew is the son of Marseille legend Abedi Pele, and his brother Andre is also a member of the Marseille side.
Marseille are thought to be willing to offload the 20-year-old as they are unable to guarantee him regular first-team football.
However, McDermott insists he knows nothing of any interest from Reading in the Ghana international.
"No, I don't know where that has come from to be honest," McDermott told Sky Sports News.
"I'm sure there's lots of agents around these days and get a story from anywhere, but it's nothing to do with me."

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Aug 2012 17:28

Dont be a pcunt, Brian, just buy him :roll:

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 23 Aug 2012 18:01

TBM Dont be a pcunt, Brian, just buy him :roll:

it is a smoke screen for Defoe. :shock:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Aug 2012 18:25

we ain`t buying anyone else this window , if we are in trouble come January thats when the panic buying starts.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 23 Aug 2012 19:12

Hampshire Royal Are you saying, Spacey, that Fifa World Cup 2010 and FM don't exist??? Maybe in your Universe.....

Oh they do exist as games, they just don't actually reflect real life.

Cypry

by Cypry » 23 Aug 2012 19:23

windermere_royal we ain`t buying anyone else this window , if we are in trouble come January thats when the panic buying starts.

I suspect you're right, but at the same time Brian hasn't completely ruled it out "we'll see if anything comes up" or words to that effect....
Would never surprise me to see us do something, but I very much doubt it'll be a last minute, overpriced, panic buy - not the sort of thing we do....

We have a good record in the loan market (think Griffin, Leigertwood, Connolly etc) - I suspect we might see some action once the loan window opens...

ReadingKC

by ReadingKC » 23 Aug 2012 19:32

From the neither here nor there dept.. He scored today in Marseille's Europa League match.....

bennno

by bennno » 23 Aug 2012 20:12

Upper West Ginger McDermott is mystified by the rumour:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8011844

Jordan Ayew: No truth in reports linking him with move to Reading
....Reading boss Brian McDermott admits he is in the dark over reports linking the club with Marseille's Jordan Ayew.
Reports in England and France have suggested the Premier League new boys are lining up a move for the highly-rated Ayew.
Marseille are believed to be willing to sell a number of their top players to raise funds after failing to qualify for this season's UEFA Champions League.
Ayew is the son of Marseille legend Abedi Pele, and his brother Andre is also a member of the Marseille side.
Marseille are thought to be willing to offload the 20-year-old as they are unable to guarantee him regular first-team football.
However, McDermott insists he knows nothing of any interest from Reading in the Ghana international.
"No, I don't know where that has come from to be honest," McDermott told Sky Sports News.
"I'm sure there's lots of agents around these days and get a story from anywhere, but it's nothing to do with me."

I seem to recall he said something very similar just before we bought Alf .........

Hardly going to say 'Yes we are interested, he is an incredible talent and a good price plus I have a donkey in his position at the moment'

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Aug 2012 20:15

Cypry
windermere_royal we ain`t buying anyone else this window , if we are in trouble come January thats when the panic buying starts.

I suspect you're right, but at the same time Brian hasn't completely ruled it out "we'll see if anything comes up" or words to that effect....
Would never surprise me to see us do something, but I very much doubt it'll be a last minute, overpriced, panic buy - not the sort of thing we do....

We have a good record in the loan market (think Griffin, Leigertwood, Connolly etc) - I suspect we might see some action once the loan window opens...

Doesn't apply to the premier league mate.....

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 23 Aug 2012 20:29

Quality signing if it comes off

There was a smirk by BM when asked the question in the press conference i thought

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Aug 2012 20:48

McDermott has never come out and said 'We are interested in so and so'. He always denies it.

Didn't the Times say this would all be sorted after Marseilles game tonight? He was hardly going to sign today was he?

Cypry

by Cypry » 23 Aug 2012 21:20

maffff
Cypry

Doesn't apply to the premier league mate.....

Old habits die hard....

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 23 Aug 2012 22:54

SpaceCruiser
Hampshire Royal Are you saying, Spacey, that Fifa World Cup 2010 and FM don't exist??? Maybe in your Universe.....

Oh they do exist as games, they just don't actually reflect real life.

Now, I'm not picky, but you said that they're not real life. If you meant to say that they don't reflect real life, why didn't you say so?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Aug 2012 23:15

The pog, le fondre and hunt wont score the goals to keep us up. nor will roberts so any new striker is welcomed.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Aug 2012 01:04

That Pog bloke, pure crap intee?

154 minutes and only one brilliant goal against the European Champions.

I mean, if he plays 36 more 77 minute games he'll only get 19 Premiership goals. What's the point of that?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 24 Aug 2012 08:15

Snowball That Pog bloke, pure crap intee?

154 minutes and only one brilliant goal against the European Champions.

I mean, if he plays 36 more 77 minute games he'll only get 19 Premiership goals. What's the point of that?

Thats this thread ruined now.

Lock the Thread before it becomes yet another stat fest.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 24 Aug 2012 08:47

Ayew would be a good buy. Better value than Rhodes. Pog looks more than good enough (Snowballs point well made, I thought) and Alf has played well so far - can't write him off after just two games. And why is Roberts suddenly shit? He was a star last season and more than capable of scoring in this league. Hunt shouldn't be written off either - he played well in his sub appearances.

Additions are always welcome, but looking at what we have I'd be surprised if there are any big money signings coming in before the window shuts.

Wuzzy87

by Wuzzy87 » 24 Aug 2012 09:12

TheSiege
SouthDownsRoyal The pog, le fondre and hunt wont score the goals to keep us up. nor will roberts so any new striker is welcomed.

At last, a sensible supporter who understands our problems in the Prem! But it won't be this guy I'm afraid. There are a few good strikers in Europe who we could bring in (and I include England in that) but, will we?

We've had 2 games and scored 2 goals. Two by forwards. We've seen that if we get service to the Pog from the wing then he's clearly capable of scoring (If Shearer had scored that header pundits would be raving about it) Alfie will also score if he gets the service.

Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome another striker to the club. One with a bit of pace to stretch the opposition would work well IMO. but to say we are doomed with our current options is wrong.

208 posts