Little wants Shorey at Pompy

330 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Little wants Shorey at Pompy

by Archie's penalty » 24 Jul 2008 20:52

Row Z Royal Can someone change "Pompy" to "Pompey"? It's really annoying.

I love it personally.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 24 Jul 2008 21:38

andrew1957 Of your list Davies was outstanding last year at Aldershot and they are desperate to have him back - he could become a good player.

Big difference between Aldershot and making it at Reading. I would expect Davies to go back to Aldershot or a similar club in the near future.

andrew1957 I am not so sure about Andersen (never seen him play), Hateley or Illugason but they are still young and deserve a chance.

You obviously didn't to the latest youth cup game then as the latter two played in that and nothing they did in that game warrented a chance with the first team.

What you seem to be overlooking is that they have to prove they're better than those in the team already. That is a massive jump.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 24 Jul 2008 21:50

LoyalRoyal22 Hope he goes. 3 Million would be good business. Joe Mattock would be a good replacement.

:|

Orient would get close to 500k of that 3m.

2.5 million for Shorey would be DUMP.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 24 Jul 2008 22:00

Southbank Old Boy
andrew1957 Of your list Davies was outstanding last year at Aldershot and they are desperate to have him back - he could become a good player.

Big difference between Aldershot and making it at Reading. I would expect Davies to go back to Aldershot or a similar club in the near future.

andrew1957 I am not so sure about Andersen (never seen him play), Hateley or Illugason but they are still young and deserve a chance.

You obviously didn't to the latest youth cup game then as the latter two played in that and nothing they did in that game warrented a chance with the first team.

What you seem to be overlooking is that they have to prove they're better than those in the team already. That is a massive jump.

Davies has already gone back to Aldershot on a season long loan.

I did go to the youth cup game and I was not very impressed with Illuagason or Hateley - but thought that one average showing was a bit early to write them off.

I agree that there is a gulf between the Academy and the first team but my point is that many of the players will go on to forge good careers in the lower leagues, even if not in the top two leagues. I thought this was the whole point of Academies to give youngsters a chance. Only 1 in a 100 will become a top PL players - that is broadly the same for all Academies but surely the bigger clubs should be investing in young players which will benefit the game at all levels.

The likes of Davies may never play in the PL but the fans at Aldershot love him and were desperate for him to go back. Surely that is a success in itself and we may well benefit from sell on fees in time.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 24 Jul 2008 22:10

Archie's penalty
Row Z Royal Can someone change "Pompy" to "Pompey"? It's really annoying.

I love it personally.

Pompey = Portsmouth

Pompy = Full of pomp

Pomp = cheap or pretentious or vain display (http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=pomp)

Now Pompy sounds so much better!

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 25 Jul 2008 09:37

andrew1957 Davies has already gone back to Aldershot on a season long loan.

I didn't think that had been announced yet but I'd been told it was happening, I must've missed it.

Agree with your general point, that our academy should be producing footballers as well as just footballers for Reading, but I didn't think that was what your post was getting at as you seemed to be implying that list of players should be given a chance here at Reading.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 25 Jul 2008 09:50

Uke
ScottishRoyal
Bill Oddie's Beard Looks like he's pompy bound...

http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=116883

'Expect the deal to go through sooner rather than later, with Dagenham`s Scott Griffiths being lined up as a possible replacement'.

I know we need to 'cut our cloth' but for goodness sakes come on...

:|

Shorey came from Orient

We replace one Essex boy with another Essex boy

True but we'll be looking for a direct replacement. Shorey couldn't oust Matt Robinson from the side in his first season and we were also playing in a lower league so that comment is irrelevant. We need a replacement now, not someone who will take three years to develop into a reasonable Championship player.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 25 Jul 2008 13:59

Shorey came from Orient

We replace one Essex boy with another Essex boy

True but we'll be looking for a direct replacement. Shorey couldn't oust Matt Robinson from the side in his first season and we were also playing in a lower league so that comment is irrelevant. We need a replacement now, not someone who will take three years to develop into a reasonable Championship player.

But we also have Scott Goldbourne to come in next season once he recovers from injury.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 25 Jul 2008 14:50

GOLBOURNE

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 25 Jul 2008 16:55

Quite right. I stand corrected.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 25 Jul 2008 18:20

Bollocks to that.

It's Goal Bound I'm interested in.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Jul 2008 08:29

Alan Partridge
Arch Name and shame!

Sodje
Bennett He's been very good for Saints at this level
Andersen- I know you have a vendetta against him, but he's looked good when I've seen him
Bozanic Again, he's looked good when I've seen him, and I know he's highly rated in Australia
Church Gradi thinks he'll be good enough, he's a better judge of talent than we are
Illugason
Davies If he has a good season in League 2 at his age it should show Championship or at least League 1 potential. Aldershot fans think he's the real deal
Bignall
KellyGood going forward, not so good at defending, needs a loan
Spence
Hateley

All a waste of time, never gonna make it, Fae still on there, DUMP. Fae wasn't in the first teamdue to issues not related to ability

That's before we get to the likes of Kebe Give him a chance, Sonko Wait and see if he improvesand Gunnarsson Easily good enough in the Championship.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 26 Jul 2008 09:14

Geekins
Stranded
Bill Oddie's Beard Shorey's been left out of the starting lineup for the first game in Sweden. Practically a full strength team apart from that. Perhaps he's got a 'cold'...

Why take him at all if he was going any where asap?

Redknapp selling Muntari, frees up cash to spend on Shorey. He had to wait for some players to leave first. Obviously ran over time and Coppell wasn't going to leave Shorey behind.

Looks like Muntari is on his way now. Papers think SWP and Shorey are being lined up as targets. Redknapp did say he was happy with Hreidarsson though.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Jul 2008 10:47

SCIAG
Alan Partridge
Arch Name and shame!

Sodje
Andersen- I know you have a vendetta against him, but he's looked good when I've seen him
Bozanic Again, he's looked good when I've seen him, and I know he's highly rated in Australia
Church Gradi thinks he'll be good enough, he's a better judge of talent than we are
Illugason
Davies If he has a good season in League 2 at his age it should show Championship or at least League 1 potential. Aldershot fans think he's the real deal
Bignall
Spence
Hateley

All a waste of time, never gonna make it, Fae still on there, DUMP. Fae wasn't in the first teamdue to issues not related to ability

That's before we get to the likes of Kebe Give him a chance, Sonko Wait and see if he improvesand Gunnarsson Easily good enough in the Championship.

LOL, is the moon made of cheese too?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Jul 2008 10:50

SCIAG
Alan Partridge
Arch Name and shame!

Sodje
Illugason
Bignall
Spence
Hateley

Bennett hasn't made a squad going on tour, that tells you how much Coppell rates him.

Andersen, a vendetta? Err no. I've seen him play more pro matches than anyone else here, including Coppell. He is absolutely not good enough.

Bozanic is about as close to the first team as I am.

Church scored 1 goal in his two loan spells. At both Yeovil and Crewe he wasn't considered a regular at either club.

Davies has found his level at League 2/ Conference level, he won't play for Reading.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Jul 2008 19:36

On the assumption that this is the official Shorey speculation thread, maybe Villa could be in the market now?

Bouma suffers serious injury

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Jul 2008 00:24

Arch On the assumption that this is the official Shorey speculation thread, maybe Villa could be in the market now?

Bouma suffers serious injury

A good shout Arch.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jul 2008 09:30

Arch, are you looking to take over McDermott's job?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 27 Jul 2008 10:03

Ian Royal Arch, are you looking to take over McDermott's job?

:lol:

Its a fair point tbh...Wouldnt be suprised if he does go.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 27 Jul 2008 10:40

I actually want him to go, hopefully we get a bid of minimum 3 million.

330 posts