Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

451 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Sep 2009 13:26

Focher

GET THOSE ARABS IN, AND BE QUICK ABOUT IT JOHN YOU'VE DONE NOTHING FOR THIS CLUB

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Sep 2009 13:29

Interesting quotes in the Chronicle.

Sounds like, yes someone showed interest, but it's not even close to being a done deal.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 14 Sep 2009 13:38

Royal Rother Excellent posts from Elm Parker and Ian Herring.

Well done gents.

Agreed. Although lets not be completely naive and Luddite about this - we will need investment if we're to acheive even moderate success (and by that I mean consistently challenging for the Play-offs in this league).

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Sep 2009 13:43

We all know it will happen, if not now then further down the line.

JM needs the money and the club needs more investment to establish in the Premiership.

It's possible to get promoted running the club the way we do, staying there will/has proved more difficult.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Reading taken over by Arabs

by winchester_royal » 14 Sep 2009 13:50

specialjon
winchester_royal
My mate's dad worked on drawing all the paperwork up. It's not dead, and most people behind the scenes still believe he'll sign, but the worry is by the time he's ready to, the arabs will have pissed off.

Do you expect us to believe that? Surely you'd have been staight on here with that information when you'd heard it, not waited for the times and the sun to release the rumours.

I didn't go spouting my mouth off because it wasn't meant to be public knoledge, I did however send a PM to certain people considered to be ITK about the possiblity.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Sep 2009 13:58

Any dealings will be done is strictest confidence and I have no doubt general talks to see what interest there is have happened, thus this story. However, as JM has stated on the website, a deal is NOT about to be completed and neither will it be in the short term.

No doubt JM is considering his options and will only sell if the buyer is, to his mind, not going to be someone who is only playing and doesn't really give a monkeys about the club.

My guess is he will stay until he feels he needs to move forward with other business ventures or just wants to retire from it all.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Sep 2009 14:19

Focher
RobRoyal
The whole year inn yep

rather see us relegated to the conference than owned by Arabs :|

Haha.

You fecking idiot.

Is there anything beyond rascism in those comments?

Do you believe that being owned by an self-interested English millionaire is very different from being owned by a group of self-interested foreign millionaires?

(Directed at Tony Le Mesmer, by the way - I'm assuming The Whole Year Inn was being ironic. Let's hope so).

i think you'll find your the fukking idiot, its nothing to do with race, its to do with being owned by a LOCAL person who can identify with the club/town and run it well, which lets face it up until the last 18 months it has been run well and successfully. Although the prospect of being taken over by rich arabs appears exciting, they will not have a 2nd thought about walking out and leaving the club to dissolve.

The only 'fans' of RFC that will be spunking themselves about this are those who started supporting Reading after we moved from Elm Park and started being successful, the plastic brigade. Im guessing you lie in that category Rob the nob. If you don't, then you need your head tested to think long term this is good for the club. Its short term excitement that will ultimately kill RFC, thats if it hasnt already been killed.

Hilarious. As soon as the shady foreigners come into view, it's suddenly good old John, LOCAL boy done good, always ran the club perfectly and had our best interests at heart. That's nothing short of revisionism. The fact is that we all know Madejski is going to sell at some point soon, and the idea that some local consortium will run the club better and with more loyalty is laughably naive. Businessmen are businessmen - no-one makes a million by being a fool with their money, and being LOCAL doesn't make anyone a better judge of how to run a football club.

The accusations of plasticity and short-termism are way off the mark. This is the way football is going. No amount of hand-wringing is going to change the fact that it's a global game now.

I find the knee-jerk reaction that a deal like this is bad for the club - as opposed to which other sort of takeover? - quite distasteful. The reason I flippantly suggested race as a factor here is that, as far as I can see, no-one here knows anything about the interested party except their race. Not judging people by race, I have no reason to think that they will run the club badly or without due appreciation of its traditions.

I'm not "spunking" myself over this, you damn fool. I'm just not jumping to conclusions. Someone wants to buy our club. Given that Madejski is clearly wanting away, a sale of the club is an unavoidable reality. These possible buyers could be good for us, could be bad. I'll wait to see what happens before judging.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 14 Sep 2009 14:20

Would hate to see this, maybe a little judgmental, but i don't expect the new owners to run it on a even keel like Sir John has...

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 14 Sep 2009 14:29

Get the deal done Sir John so we can all move on.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Sep 2009 14:47

skipper Would hate to see this, maybe a little judgmental, but i don't expect the new owners to run it on a even keel like Sir John has...

We spent most of our time with Sir John in debt.

If we want to progress like we did under Sir John but "to the next level" we will have to go into a manageable level of debt again.

For investors with bigger pockets that level of debt becomes bigger and we can go further.

Or we can stay at the level we are at now.

I have no problem with a club operating within it's means and staying in this league to be honest or whatever. But it seems a lot of fans aren't.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Sep 2009 14:54

RobRoyal As soon as the shady foreigners come into view, it's suddenly good old John,

Racist.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 14 Sep 2009 14:55

Focher
RobRoyal As soon as the shady foreigners come into view, it's suddenly good old John,

Racist.

Eh? You mean xenophobic.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 14 Sep 2009 14:57

Thaumagurist*
Focher

Racist.

Eh? You mean xenophobic.

He may have meant xenophobe

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Sep 2009 15:26

Z175 LOL

Ok lets see the WHERES THE MONEY GONE? brigade welcome this one. I can't wait for us to sign Adebayor

I can.

Alivey

by Alivey » 14 Sep 2009 15:35

I can't wait for the deal to go through, we need to get rid of JM and his horrible risks he has put the club through... as for foreign ownersships going wrong???? Look at all the domestic ones going WRONG. Every week more and more clubs FOLD. Can't blame thE ARABS for EVERYTHING.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Sep 2009 15:46

Alivey I can't wait for the deal to go through, we need to get rid of JM and his horrible risks he has put the club through... as for foreign ownersships going wrong???? Look at all the domestic ones going WRONG. Every week more and more clubs FOLD. Can't blame thE ARABS for EVERYTHING.

Horrible risks? The man saved our club from extinction.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Sep 2009 15:48

Focher

Racist.

Either you don't understand irony or you're not willing to engage the argument - either way it's pretty disappointing.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 14 Sep 2009 15:49

LoyalRoyalFan
Alivey I can't wait for the deal to go through, we need to get rid of JM and his horrible risks he has put the club through... as for foreign ownersships going wrong???? Look at all the domestic ones going WRONG. Every week more and more clubs FOLD. Can't blame thE ARABS for EVERYTHING.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

What with this and the Lee Hughes thread, not your best day.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Sep 2009 15:50

That Friday Feeling
LoyalRoyalFan

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

What with this and the Lee Hughes thread, not your best day.

It's called a light-work day.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Sep 2009 15:51

Talks are ongoing at the moment, and could/should be completed by January.

451 posts