Who is the mystery LB

535 posts
Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who is the mystery LB

by Scarface » 07 Aug 2008 12:08

I think this would be a positive signing. I remember watching on Sky last year and he looked quick as fcuk. He's not really a footballing left back like Shorey is, but more in the mould of Ashley Cole i.e. quick and aggressive.

See if he plays for Leicester Saturday.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Aug 2008 12:19

nothing about us on leicester forums but they did think Villa were in for him

some comments

"The problem is that The Reverend is right, Mattock is currently vastly over-rated (at the moment) and we will leak goals with players getting behind him, I'm still hoping for a proper left-back before Saturday."

"I wouldnt shed a tear if Mattock went. I think he is vastly over-rated. He could be a great player in the future, but i feel people are putting him in the team on potential, not on how good he currently is. "

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 07 Aug 2008 12:27

juanpablo nothing about us on leicester forums but they did think Villa were in for him

some comments

"The problem is that The Reverend is right, Mattock is currently vastly over-rated (at the moment) and we will leak goals with players getting behind him, I'm still hoping for a proper left-back before Saturday."

"I wouldnt shed a tear if Mattock went. I think he is vastly over-rated. He could be a great player in the future, but i feel people are putting him in the team on potential, not on how good he currently is. "

Interesting, maybe he's not quite the player we were all hoping for. Still would be quite pleases to sign him (or anyone for that matter).

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 07 Aug 2008 12:27

My fear is that the mystery LB, like so many potential RFC signings, is a figment of the imagination.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 Aug 2008 12:34

Mattock's looked toilet whenever I've seen him play for Leicester or the U21s, we don't want him or any of these other rubbish suggestions.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 07 Aug 2008 12:37

Royalee Mattock's looked toilet whenever I've seen him play for Leicester or the U21s, we don't want him or any of these other rubbish suggestions.

Who do we want then Royalee?

Streets

by Streets » 07 Aug 2008 12:41

Old Biscuitman My fear is that the mystery LB, like so many potential RFC signings, is a figment of the imagination.

Because the players we wanted didn't become avaiLOLabLOle...

Fear not, we have Golbollocks and Hunt at left back.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Aug 2008 12:42

Bill Oddie's Beard
Royalee Mattock's looked toilet whenever I've seen him play for Leicester or the U21s, we don't want him or any of these other rubbish suggestions.

I reckon if we signed Gael Clichy, Royalee would still find something to moan about.

Mattock is an excellent prospect, and I for one would love to see him come to the club.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Aug 2008 12:43

Bill Oddie's Beard
juanpablo nothing about us on leicester forums but they did think Villa were in for him

some comments

Interesting, maybe he's not quite the player we were all hoping for. Still would be quite pleases to sign him (or anyone for that matter).

well according to them Villa and Westham have been sniffing around him for a while...

seems like it could be a good signing for the future. I think its worth noting that our defence has a lot of experience perhaps we could bring him up to speed quickly

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 Aug 2008 12:44

winchester_royal
Bill Oddie's Beard

I reckon if we signed Gael Clichy, Royalee would still find something to moan about.

Mattock is an excellent prospect, and I for one would love to see him come to the club.

I hope we sign him so I can bring that comment back up in a few months when he's shown up for what he is - a left back with no brain who can't defend. We've already got one of those in Golbourne.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Aug 2008 12:46

Royalee
I hope we sign him so I can bring that comment back up in a few months when he's shown up for what he is - a left back with no brain who can't defend. We've already got one of those in Golbourne.

Well you obviously know more than Stuart Pearce then.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 07 Aug 2008 12:47

Royalee
winchester_royal I reckon if we signed Gael Clichy, Royalee would still find something to moan about.

Who would you bring in then if everyone elses suggestions are so shite?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 Aug 2008 12:53

winchester_royal
Royalee

Well you obviously know more than Stuart Pearce then.

Indeed, which is why Man City sacked him for being rubbish.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 07 Aug 2008 13:00

Kieron Gibbs - Arsenal Reserves - was on loan at Nurridge last season.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 07 Aug 2008 13:03

M Brook Kieron Gibbs - Arsenal Reserves - was on loan at Nurridge last season.

It says on the arsenal website he's a central midfielder or left winger.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 07 Aug 2008 13:11

Mattock would be a great signing as he has massive potential. I know recently Villa and West Ham have been linked with him, now Villa have Shorey then I assume WHU will be the favourites to land him. Being held in such high regard by Leicester, I can see him warranting a £1.5m-£2m price tag, which I just cannot see us paying.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 07 Aug 2008 13:13

What I would really love to do is to call Coppell up and give him a list of names of people to look at. It seems that they aint trying to get players. Be bold and put a feckin 1.5 million bid in for Mattock!

Streets

by Streets » 07 Aug 2008 13:15

rfcjoe What I would really love to do is to call Coppell up and give him a list of names of people to look at. It seems that they aint trying to get players. Be bold and put a feckin 1.5 million bid in for Mattock!

I bet he would if he had that amount available.

Y25

by Y25 » 07 Aug 2008 13:20

The problem is perhaps barring Marek any signing over £1.5M has been shit

Coppell likes a player less than 600,000k

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 07 Aug 2008 13:21

Yeah I know. ( 5.5million + 4 million = no money available ) strange that.

535 posts