Latest Conspiracy - Drenthe future in doubt

167 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Latest Conspiracy - Drenthe future in doubt

by Royal Lady » 07 Dec 2013 18:28

I think his interview earlier with Dellor vindicated me and a couple of others when we said he was fit to play a few weeks ago. Especially as he'd been telling other people that himself too. He should have started today imo.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Dec 2013 19:02

He's only been back in training for about three weeks, it was always gonna take a while before he was fit enough to play.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Dec 2013 22:57

Royal Lady I think his interview earlier with Dellor vindicated me and a couple of others when we said he was fit to play a few weeks ago. Especially as he'd been telling other people that himself too. He should have started today imo.

I'd say the fact he didn't look fit when he came on demonstrates that either you, or he, doesn't have a scooby-doo about it. I'm going for him in this case.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Dec 2013 09:51

Royal Lady I think his interview earlier with Dellor vindicated me and a couple of others when we said he was fit to play a few weeks ago. Especially as he'd been telling other people that himself too. He should have started today imo.

Adkins has clearly stated that his fitness is nowhere near where it needs to be and that even 30 minutes was probably too long for him. I'd have to say I agree with that having seen him huffing and puffing on Saturday. Great cameo though.

Being injury free and match fit are two entirely different things. I have no injuries but I couldn't run around for than a minute........

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 09 Dec 2013 11:39

Agreed. There's also a difference between being fit and being match fit.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 10 Dec 2013 09:32

Jay o/ Really hope this is completely untrue but overheard a couple of lads talking in the hotel today before the game that due to the takeover not going through we unable to play Drenthe or Williams. This is due to the conditions in their contracts regarding wages and bonus'. If true what a shambles our club is becoming!

Great to see the ownership situation must be improving then..!

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 10 Dec 2013 13:47

Elm Park Agreed. There's also a difference between being fit and being match fit.

There is a huge difference between match fit and being massively overweight and only able to run about twenty yards.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 10 Dec 2013 13:51

Handsome Man
Elm Park Agreed. There's also a difference between being fit and being match fit.

There is a huge difference between match fit and being massively overweight and only able to run about twenty yards.

Mathieu Manset?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Dec 2013 16:54

Manset, just naturally unfit

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 11 Dec 2013 20:59

3 Goals in 30 games since leaving us. NO FAT CHICKS

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Dec 2013 23:47

When do we start chanting "we got a fat f*cking Dutchman" to the tune of "we got a big f*cking Russian"?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 31 Dec 2013 21:13

I think he will be off soon after his exclusion for personal reasons.

Whether anyone will want him is another thing altogether

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Mar 2014 19:37

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/drenthe-truth-reading-fc-absence-6777124

The fans have been really important to me during this situation,

They’ve backed me up with nice messages. They have never said a bad word about me.

It’s always difficult if the fans are not with you, so they really helped me a lot.

:shock: No-one tell him about Hobnob!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 05 Mar 2014 20:46

Royal Ginger http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/drenthe-truth-reading-fc-absence-6777124

They’ve backed me up with nice messages. They have never said a bad word about me.

It’s always difficult if the fans are not with you, so they really helped me a lot.

I read the article. Who really gives an oxf*rd. If he was fit enough/good enough/had the right attitude, the Manager would play him. Only setting himself up for a typical big boy bollox bleat at the end of the season who no one could care less about. Just get on with it.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 06 Mar 2014 03:07

Just speak up or shut up. This just creates a bad feeling within the squad, in my opinion

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 06 Mar 2014 08:02

Assumed he had been on a 3 month work placement with Greggs

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 06 Mar 2014 08:46

grey_squirrel
Royal Ginger http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/drenthe-truth-reading-fc-absence-6777124

I read the article. Who really gives an oxf*rd. If he was fit enough/good enough/had the right attitude, the Manager would play him. Only setting himself up for a typical big boy bollox bleat at the end of the season who no one could care less about. Just get on with it.

Maybe it wasn't football related???

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Mar 2014 10:10

He had a bereavement around just after Christmas and went back to the Netherlands for a little bit in that time, he was only gone for 3/4 days. Didn't seem like his mind was with it then. Typically the game before that he managed to get 70minutes on the pitch..... that killed a bit of momentum and his head wasn't with it it seems, he wasn't doing as well in training etc.

He had his spat with Crosby against Brighton, that wasn't a huge deal and happens a lot in training, but the club have been trying to focus on his tactical discipline as well as fitness - he just rushes off and does what he wants.

He further annoyed the club in January wit his 'woaaahh get out of my way' instagram comment, when there was speculation he might be off, immediately after the 7-1 when he didn't get on the pitch.

He's complained to the manager about not getting played, he's complained to the manager about others getting of the bench before him, he's aching to get on the pitch. Which I guess is good that he's actually wanting to play, even if he's not the right sort of fit [too much muscle/bulk]. But Adkins and Drenthe seem to have some sort of mutual understanding, he's been challenged many times to prove himself.

But he gets on with the squad and doesn't actually seem to be disrupting things with the players, just the coaches.

Can see him getting a bit more of a role in the run in,

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Mar 2014 10:33

i like him.

obviously really keen to get on, and make things happen, and impress.
i think he deserves more pitch time

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Mar 2014 20:55

melonhead i like him.

obviously really keen to get on, and make things happen, and impress.
i think he deserves more pitch time

agree. A little too much like an excitable kiddie some times. But he chases back, puts the effort in and tries to make things happen.

Tactically for the team as a whole he may be a weak spot. But he makes up for that in skill, confidence and drive.

Just a case of working out how to use him. Until the last couple of games we haven't really needed him since January.

167 posts