Tommy Smith - Gazumped by Pompey - Thread

2326 posts
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Tommy Smith Thread

by TFF » 25 Aug 2009 19:02

SpaceCruiser Fukkin Pompey. First they roll over against Fulham. Now this.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 25 Aug 2009 19:03

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Deathy Tedious now.

Totally agree ..but it will be done and dusted by tonight either way

If Rodgers is making a statement after the game, that seems to say that it's all over. Utter joke this. We've had over 24 hours since he past his medical and we still haven't agreed personal terms. That says to me that we probably offered shit terms, like the derisory £750k bid, and we've been haggling all day to no compramise. Joke Joke Joke!!!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Aug 2009 19:03

Royalee
wolsey
But the public, drawn out nature of this fiasco was started off by Rodgers spouting off (and carried on by Rosso).

Wouldn't have happened under Coppell - we may well have lost out on potential targets but at least we benefitted by not knowing the gory details.

Nothing happened under Coppell for two years which is why we're in this mess.

Even for you that's a bit underhanded. Coppell had his hands tied last season very much as Rodgers has this.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 25 Aug 2009 19:04

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY on 25 Aug 2009 19:01

Blue and White Toucan wrote:
by SteveRoyal on 25 Aug 2009 18:53

18.35 Watford have confirmed the club have accepted a bid from Portsmouth for Tommy Smith and says it is now down to the striker to decide between a move to Fratton Park or Reading.

Reading. Reading. Reading. PLEASE.

Looking at the facts I think not.

Taking sentiment out of the equation which would you chose?

Join a team struggling for goals and points in the Championship or the Premiership?

Assuming also that Pompey will have a higher wage policy, I don't think it will be any surprise who he decides upon.

Rodgers or Hart ???? decisions decisions!

If proved wrong however then that would be a coup!!!

Oi Don't edit My post - do your own!!!! :evil:

79Royal

by 79Royal » 25 Aug 2009 19:06

warrpp but to get as far as apparently having a press conference all lined up, then pompey come in with their bid that late in the day

something stinks about this

Maybe. But it's more likely that Smith feels he'll get as good if not a better deal at Pompey and the chance to play Premiership football. He obviously made the decision to speak to them, so there's not much else we could have done.

It's frustrating and if I were Smith I'd be wondering why Pompey left it so long to come in for me, but it's football as they say. Sign him or not though, Watford are fast becoming my least favourite club.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 25 Aug 2009 19:06

Blue and White Toucan
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY on 25 Aug 2009 19:01

Blue and White Toucan wrote:
by SteveRoyal on 25 Aug 2009 18:53

18.35 Watford have confirmed the club have accepted a bid from Portsmouth for Tommy Smith and says it is now down to the striker to decide between a move to Fratton Park or Reading.

Reading. Reading. Reading. PLEASE.

Looking at the facts I think not.

Taking sentiment out of the equation which would you chose?

Join a team struggling for goals and points in the Championship or the Premiership?

Assuming also that Pompey will have a higher wage policy, I don't think it will be any surprise who he decides upon.

Rodgers or Hart ???? decisions decisions!

If proved wrong however then that would be a coup!!!

Oi Don't edit My post - do your own!!!! :evil:

Apologies..my mistake

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 25 Aug 2009 19:08

Apology Accepted :lol:
Last edited by Blue and White Toucan on 25 Aug 2009 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 25 Aug 2009 19:09

79Royal
warrpp but to get as far as apparently having a press conference all lined up, then pompey come in with their bid that late in the day

something stinks about this

Maybe. But it's more likely that Smith feels he'll get as good if not a better deal at Pompey and the chance to play Premiership football. He obviously made the decision to speak to them, so there's not much else we could have done.

It's frustrating and if I were Smith I'd be wondering why Pompey left it so long to come in for me, but it's football as they say. Sign him or not though, Watford are fast becoming my least favourite club.

Listening to Hart on Sky over weekend they said they were close to new ownership and I guess if that was the case, Storrie gave him the green light to start spending...if we'd been on the case and made realistic offers, we'd have him signed weeks back, whilst Pompey werent in a position to do anything - hey ho !

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 25 Aug 2009 19:09

Well just as it seemed that it couldn't get any worse!

Why go to Pompey? Will he really be a first team player game-in, game-out? Especially now that Dindane looks like he's going to join.
Could we up our bid to £2million now?

This however will spell the end, whatever the outcome to the most arduous transfer saga in a while, I hope we're not disappointed come the end of tonight!

urzmikep

by urzmikep » 25 Aug 2009 19:10

Officially bored now - RFC what a joke - heads need to roll after this fiasco (Mr Hammond!!)

Hey at least Mr Ego has saved some money - Rich man Rich Man

But its all going to be okay as we can now go with plan B - wot there is no plan B???

Think anyway that anyone who thought that Smith would have been our answers to our problems is seriously disillusioned, yes it could have been a start but too little too late.

We need more than 1 x quality player to improve and help our youngsters, can't blame them only the Management Team of the club

Taxi for Rodgers...........

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 25 Aug 2009 19:12

Once again what a laughing stock we are. Cu*nts

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 25 Aug 2009 19:13

urzmikep Officially bored now - RFC what a joke - heads need to roll after this fiasco (Mr Hammond!!)

Hey at least Mr Ego has saved some money - Rich man Rich Man

But its all going to be okay as we can now go with plan B - wot there is no plan B???

Think anyway that anyone who thought that Smith would have been our answers to our problems is seriously disillusioned, yes it could have been a start but too little too late.

We need more than 1 x quality player to improve and help our youngsters, can't blame them only the Management Team of the club

Taxi for Rodgers...........

Not sure Rodgers is to blame - I lay the blame at the door of the Grapefeeder, our dear DOF - shows he not so good at negotiations but im sure he'll put all the blame at Watfords door if and when it all goes pear shaped!..not one to stand up and say - hands up, I fooked up!

starbug

by starbug » 25 Aug 2009 19:18

Seems to be lots of desperately sad people looking to blame someone, shit happens. We've done it to other clubs (Stephen Hunt) and now it looks like the boot is on the other foot, thats life, get over it.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Aug 2009 19:19

:cry:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Aug 2009 19:19

If Smith does go to Pompey then Rodgers has been effectively hung out to dry by the club. I wouldn't be suprised if he resigned in a fit of pique.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 25 Aug 2009 19:21

Norfolk Royal If Smith does go to Pompey then Rodgers has been effectively hung out to dry by the club. I wouldn't be suprised if he resigned in a fit of pique.

Piss off and go and support Narch you carrot cruncher. :wink:

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 25 Aug 2009 19:22

Norfolk Royal If Smith does go to Pompey then Rodgers has been effectively hung out to dry by the club. I wouldn't be suprised if he resigned in a fit of pique.

well hes going to make a statement after the game tonight..read into that what you will.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Aug 2009 19:22

Err, how do you come to that conclusion?

urzmikep

by urzmikep » 25 Aug 2009 19:23

If Smith does go to Pompey then Rodgers has been effectively hung out to dry by the club. I wouldn't be suprised if he resigned in a fit of pique.

Was thinking exactly the same thing - if my boss did that to me then I'd certianly be having a conversation with him, though Brendan was in a similar situation at Watford so therefore is used to it. Remember Mr Ego only employs "YES" men - Its the Reading way!!

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 25 Aug 2009 19:26

urzmikep

Was thinking exactly the same thing - if my boss did that to me then I'd certianly be having a conversation with him, though Brendan was in a similar situation at Watford so therefore is used to it. Remember Mr Ego only employs "YES" men - Its the Reading way!!

Urzmikep- want to watch what you call our dear leadrer - Brendywendy and Thaugmurist will get very upset!
:D

2326 posts