535 posts
The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who is the mystery LB

by The whole year inn » 07 Aug 2008 20:00

Wycombe Royal
The whole year inn
Wycombe Royal The Chronicle suggest that Joe Mattock is high on the wishlist.......

still very young though ...

Also has over 30 Championship appearances under his bel

Sounds painful

Streets

by Streets » 07 Aug 2008 20:47

I hope so, he does seem to be a real prospect, but Leicester are no push overs and don't overly need the money. I can't see them saying he can go for anything less than £1m. Maybe if we offer abother £500k on any promotion to the Premiership...

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 07 Aug 2008 20:59

Based on that valuation our opening offer will be £250k.

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 07 Aug 2008 23:26

Big Ern
Wycombe Royal
I am 95% confident that we will have new left back by the end of August.

August 2009 or August 2010?

2012 actually

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 09 Aug 2008 11:42

The press is saying that Nugent, Cranie and Davis need to be sold before Portsmouth can make any further purchases.

Cranie looks to be a real possibility for the left back slot. Interesting that Coppell was indicating on Reading World that they had someone in mind but there would be no signing before Sunday. May be a deal after the Community Shield match? Why don't we buy Cranie and Davis while we are about it?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Aug 2008 11:44

UpNorth The press is saying that Nugent, Cranie and Davis need to be sold before Portsmouth can make any further purchases.

Cranie looks to be a real possibility for the left back slot. Interesting that Coppell was indicating on Reading World that they had someone in mind but there would be no signing before Sunday. May be a deal after the Community Shield match? Why don't we buy Cranie and Davis while we are about it?

I'd take all 3 of them tbf if possible!

Streets

by Streets » 09 Aug 2008 11:45

Alan Partridge
UpNorth The press is saying that Nugent, Cranie and Davis need to be sold before Portsmouth can make any further purchases.

I'd take all 3 of them tbf if possible!

God yes. Cranie only the likely of the three to drop a division though. But still, yes please!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 09 Aug 2008 11:49

Nugent has little choice but to drop a division, Doyle and lita have better Prem records than him, he needs to lower his sights and have a season scoring again.

He wont get much chance at Pompy.

As for out new left back, can we all keep an eye on that player that mysteriously faisl to play this weekend for whichever club, especially if the LB is stated to have a cold.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Aug 2008 11:53

can't get enough proven forwards and Nugent is fairly proven at this level. Davis would be in the top 4 or 5 players in the league although I'd imagine West Brom or someone to want him, I've never seen that Crainie play, if he's a left back then he's over qualified for us.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Aug 2008 12:21

David Nugent and Sean Davis would be fantastic signings for us. But i wont hold my breath.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 09 Aug 2008 12:39

Neither would I as I would die.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2008 13:52

rfcjoe Neither would I as I would die.

Actually you'd pass out and start breathing again. Feel free to try though. :wink:

I'd be very happy with Nugent, but can't see it happening. Not so sure of Davis, don't know much about him.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 Aug 2008 13:59

SpaghettiHoop Dean Lewington ? Just a guess.

Looked a player with real potential a few years ago and has played for Wimbledon/Dons from a very young age.
With Wimbledon having shared Palace's ground he would satisfy the club motto"He needs to have some connection with a previous Coppell club" in the Sonko,Hunt,Ivar,Bryn,Owusu,Dean Morgan,Hills,Sodje,Brooker,Sidwell etc.mould
What a crazy situation we are in with Shorey known to be leaving for over a year and we go into our first Championship game of the season with no recognised left-back.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 09 Aug 2008 15:59

Victor Meldrew
SpaghettiHoop Dean Lewington ? Just a guess.

Looked a player with real potential a few years ago and has played for Wimbledon/Dons from a very young age.
With Wimbledon having shared Palace's ground he would satisfy the club motto"He needs to have some connection with a previous Coppell club" in the Sonko,Hunt,Ivar,Bryn,Owusu,Dean Morgan,Hills,Sodje,Brooker,Sidwell etc.mould
What a crazy situation we are in with Shorey known to be leaving for over a year and we go into our first Championship game of the season with no recognised left-back.

Its a bloody disaster - Coppell would rather shuffle his 15 "squad" players than bring in anyone new - wouldnt want to upset the bone bare squad so lets do what we did last season ala Fae on right wing when he's a bloody CM- Coppell may have had tactical acumen but it surely going down the drain now!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Aug 2008 16:06

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY Its a bloody disaster - Coppell would rather shuffle his 15 "squad" players than bring in anyone new - wouldnt want to upset the bone bare squad so lets do what we did last season ala Fae on right wing when he's a bloody CM- Coppell may have had tactical acumen but it surely going down the drain now!

Is that the same Coppell who is on record as saying that he wants anew LB asap? That doesn'y sound like - 'I want to shuffle my squad rather than bring in someone new' now does it? But then why let facts interfere with your mindless drivel.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 09 Aug 2008 16:36

West Stand Man
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY Its a bloody disaster - Coppell would rather shuffle his 15 "squad" players than bring in anyone new - wouldnt want to upset the bone bare squad so lets do what we did last season ala Fae on right wing when he's a bloody CM- Coppell may have had tactical acumen but it surely going down the drain now!

Is that the same Coppell who is on record as saying that he wants anew LB asap? That doesn'y sound like - 'I want to shuffle my squad rather than bring in someone new' now does it? But then why let facts interfere with your mindless drivel.

Take your rose tinted ones off! - what Coppell says and what actually happens is what you should consider - Coppell who is on record??? Tell me what he has said on record that has actually happened re transfer activity???? and I dont think you are in any position to spout about mindless drivel - after all you seem to have it off to an art

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Aug 2008 17:36

Keiran Gibbs playing at LB for Arsenal now against Ajax....if anyone wants to check our next LB out :wink:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 09 Aug 2008 19:20

winchester_royal Keiran Gibbs playing at LB for Arsenal now against Ajax....if anyone wants to check our next LB out :wink:

Is he any good?

And why is he still playing for them when he should be here playing for us?

Streets

by Streets » 09 Aug 2008 20:44

winchester_royal Keiran Gibbs playing at LB for Arsenal now against Ajax....if anyone wants to check our next LB out :wink:

I'm glad the Gunners are keeping him safe and injury free while we negotiate his terms.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 09 Aug 2008 21:39

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
West Stand Man

Take your rose tinted ones off! - what Coppell says and what actually happens is what you should consider - Coppell who is on record??? Tell me what he has said on record that has actually happened re transfer activity???? and I dont think you are in any position to spout about mindless drivel - after all you seem to have it off to an art

I don't think that "you seem to have it off to an art" came out quite as you intended. Unless you've been secretly recording the activity in WSM's bedroom.

535 posts