Tommy Smith - Gazumped by Pompey - Thread

2326 posts
SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Tommy Smith Transfer Failure Thread

by SteveRoyal » 26 Aug 2009 14:30

Mr Optimist Premier league football and much higher wages is obviously the reason IF Tommy Smith signs for Portsmouth and not us.

He will also have been fed the Pompey brave new world under the latest consortium plans by Storrie, about how with serious investment they will be looking to achieve a return to European football, new ground etc, etc...

Onwards and upwards. We have got to give BR more than four games FFS........

+1

johnnym

by johnnym » 26 Aug 2009 14:34

+2

79Royal

by 79Royal » 26 Aug 2009 14:36

Royal Spangle 79 Royal you need to take your RTG off m8 , we were 1 win off promotion last season and Mr Mad didnt have the balls to see it through this year with a bit of tweeking, instead he gets a manager who sells players with experiance who could genually have got us up this year . He keeps spouting his mouth off about T/Smith instead of waiting till the deal is done - and what a *ock up it has been (even if he does sign for us) We have been made a laughing stock and our once excellent dealings in the transfer market has been tarnished - that is why i'm embarressed to be a Reading Fan at the moment.If you dont like my stance ,TOUGH you wont make me change my mind. Get Real ffs

I'm choosing not to make any judgements until after the transfer window has shut. I don't see that as RTG.

I don't think any manager could have kept the players that have gone. They were all likely to go to a Premier League club.

I'm not trying to change your mind - I just think you are wrong to abuse Rodgers after 4 league games and one transfer we didn't complete. I said he shouldn't have kept his trap shut, but other than that, he didn't do much else wrong in respect of the transfer. Also bear in mind that Portsmouth are in the Premier League.

If you are embarrassed to be a Reading fan now, you should have seen us when we were really bad! I don't blame you for being disappointed, but have some patience. We obviously need some new blood, but there's a week left, we may still get it yet. IF we don't, then you, me and eveyone else will have reason to complain!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Aug 2009 14:38

Am sure buck said smiths agent is currently away making it difficult to communicate with him. who the hell would have an agent that is on a jolly towards end of a transfer window??

HolyBadger

by HolyBadger » 26 Aug 2009 14:39

loyalroyal4life Am sure buck said smiths agent is currently away making it difficult to communicate with him. who the hell would have an agent that is on a jolly towards end of a transfer window??

Tommy Smith...?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2009 14:44

and Jobi McAnuff allegedly...

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 26 Aug 2009 15:01

loyalroyal4life Am sure buck said smiths agent is currently away making it difficult to communicate with him. who the hell would have an agent that is on a jolly towards end of a transfer window??

No chance that he is in America on business then? Perhaps involved in higher profile/more difficult deals for some of his other clients.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Aug 2009 15:06

This thread will easily make 100 pages.

HTH

By the way, which is quicker to get to in rush hour. Sheffield or Portsmouth?
Last edited by Gordons Cumming on 26 Aug 2009 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2009 15:07

You're certainly helping to get it there Gordy. Oh.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 26 Aug 2009 15:10

Royal Lady and Jobi McAnuff allegedly...

He was another player that improved vastly under Rodgers and has been linked, but I've not heard a thing regarding furthering our 'rumoured' interest. Don't be surprised if we do. Watford fans wouldn't miss him either, as he appears to have returned to his inconsistant ways. I am however aware of Alan Pardew's interest in Jobi McAnuff. Imagine the tears if both South Coast clubs raped Reading.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Aug 2009 15:25

The "Fox in the Box" Jeffers has just become available..........if Tommy fails to join.

Maybe a long shot.......................... :wink:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Aug 2009 15:27

Gordons Cumming The "Fox in the Box" Jeffers has just become available..........if Tommy fails to join.

That would be a start!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Aug 2009 15:27

[quote="Gordons Cumming"]This thread will easily make 100 pages.

quote]

Seemed to have stalled somewhat - can we burn this thread and create the Tommy Smith ashes at the end of it in some symbolic way?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 26 Aug 2009 15:28

Royalwaster
Gordons Cumming This thread will easily make 100 pages.

quote]

Seemed to have stalled somewhat - can we burn this thread and create the Tommy Smith ashes at the end of it in some symbolic way?

Excellent, and keep the ashes in a little urn? Maybe we could play Watford every two years in a 5-game test? The team who gets the most goals given by the ref that didnt actually go inside the goal wins....

yuomi

by yuomi » 26 Aug 2009 15:31

why did we want him to come and play for us? he must be ancient by now....

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Aug 2009 15:32

Alan Partridge
Gordons Cumming The "Fox in the Box" Jeffers has just become available..........if Tommy fails to join.

That would be a start!

Heeyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick as a flash! :wink:

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 26 Aug 2009 15:33

YateleyRoyal
Royalwaster
Gordons Cumming This thread will easily make 100 pages.

quote]

Excellent, and keep the ashes in a little urn? Maybe we could play Watford every two years in a 5-game test? The team who gets the most goals given by the ref that didnt actually go inside the goal wins....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 26 Aug 2009 15:33

If the Pompey takeover is complete, why are they wasting their money on a good Championship player, rather than more high profile, proven performers? I'm not even talking about big names in the Premiership, but other talented names across Europe.

I mean look at their last Championship signing, Nugent, he's done jack. Maybe we could get him on loan? Failing that, maybe James Vaughan from Everton.

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 26 Aug 2009 15:33

Mr Optimist Premier league football and much higher wages is obviously the reason IF Tommy Smith signs for Portsmouth and not us.

He will also have been fed the Pompey brave new world under the latest consortium plans by Storrie, about how with serious investment they will be looking to achieve a return to European football, new ground etc, etc...

Onwards and upwards. We have got to give BR more than four games FFS........

News out of pompey this pm id that storrie and his consortium have missed out and Sulaiman Al Fahim is claiming he now owns the club although no official annoucement from pompey, think i'd trust Russo more than this guy so you never know there may be anoyher twist yet.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 26 Aug 2009 15:37

West_Reading If the Pompey takeover is complete, why are they wasting their money on a good Championship player, rather than more high profile, proven performers?

That is exactly what Portsmouth fans are asking.

2326 posts